Bad
Good

Everyone has been fantastic at this school, from the office to the teachers. We love our son's kindergarten teacher. She is amazing

We LOVE Mrs. Smith our K teacher she is so kind and caring !!! This is our first year at school every think is going GREAT.

love tulip grove as does my daughter who is in k there. her kindergarten teacher is wonderful. The assistant principle is wonderful as well

As a parent at Tulip Grove I have been so pleased with this school.My daughter attended KG there & now moved to ! st Grade.She and we are so satisfied with the teachers, staff and most importantly her education.She has improved a lot and she can read like a 2 nd grader now.

Just an OK School. Some teachers bullied their kids like Mr Atkins, the music teacher would threaten to sit on the kids if they don't obey or Mr Ehlert insisted the kids bow down to worship him. RIDICULOUS!!!! Other teachers are nice and hardworking. THUMBS UP for the office staffs. Ms Donna is very loving.

If it was not for this school my daughter would still be in special needs class. Her teachers are amazing and the whole school looks out for the kids well fare. She was 4 years old when she started here she was an 18 month old mentally, she is now advanced in her classes, and In a regular classroom. They have tight rules but in today's school there HAS to be, I know my kids are safe and most of all loved. She is going to 5th grade and I dont want her to leave. My son will be going into 2nd grade there. Amazing school, amazing teachers.

As a new parent at Tulip Grove, I have to tell you that I have been so pleased with this school! I have a kindergartener who will be moving up to first grade and a Pre-K child who will be attending there this fall as well. From the office staff to the Kindergarten teacher that my daughter had this year, I have been welcomed, assisted, concerns addressed, and overall reassured that my child had come to the right place. I have seen teachers step in front of cars in order to protect the children from a parent not paying attention. As far as my daughter's education is concerned she is now advanced having never attended a Pre-K program or childcare of any sort. She is nearly on a second grade reading level now. This is a school you want your children to attend. Take it from a parent who was initially concerned about this being our elementary school, my concerns were baseless. We chose to stay here for next year.

As a teacher at this school, I can tell you that this school is staffed by people who are truly invested in the welfare of the children who attend it. I would be pleased to have a child in the class of any of these teachers. As is the case with ANY public school, we have plenty of parents who will not be pleased no matter what happens. Our school has rules, and all students ARE expected to follow them, but I wouldn't say that any of them are overly harsh or stringent. If you are considering moving into the area, I would recommend that you visit the school and talk with the teachers personally. You will not find a more dedicated group of individuals.

The office staff are not as helpful as my son's last school. My son's kindergarten teacher is amazing.

Children who eat at the school are not supervised and may get a strawberry milk and cookie for lunch for themselves. The "real food", if a child so desires to choose, may consist of fish nuggets or square school pizza for breakfast. My child's class has one recess per day and this occurs right before the last bell. These complaints may not be restricted to TGE alone. Extremely rigid rules for small children make their little lives miserable. No laughing in the bathroom, no touching the wall in the hallway, no talking in line, etc. If a child laughs or talks in the hallway too often, it is allowable to remove recess privileges and ostracize the child in a corner of the classroom with back to all other children for weeks at a time. This form of correction is permissible with administration. 1/3 teachers have taught well.

Last modified Tulip Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.