Father Ryan High School

Private | 9-12 | 894 students

Living in Nashville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $297,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Sweep tile

Posted November 11, 2013

Father Ryan is an exceptional school that provides a sense of community that goes far beyond the classroom. The different course levels offered academically help your child reach their full potential. The administration, teachers, coaches and counselors are all top notch I'm so glad two of my children had the opportunity to attend such a fine institution. Call and check out the campus .... you will not regret it !!!

Posted February 18, 2013

My son has attendended this school for a year now. This is probably the worst school you could possibly send your child to. It has little to no diversity in their students making "most" of them very similar. No one stands out in any special way. Just a bunch of preppy athletes as my son says. Some teachers single out students and make other students seem lower when everyone should be equal. Teachers dont follow policies by only applying them to some students. My son left and is now attending Hillsboro. Its not a good school and he loves it. Thats what matters. I highly recommend public school if your child isnt really having that great connection with a private school.

Posted November 2, 2010

FRHS is an incredible school. I transferred there my junior year in 2006 and was astonished by the strong community and spirit of the school. Father Ryan focuses on producing well-rounded young adults and the things I learned there go far beyond the classroom. Also when I entered college I discovered we were far more prepared academically then the vast majority of our peers. I look forward to sending my children there.

Posted October 13, 2010

Its commitment to the students is outstanding!

Posted October 1, 2007

This is by far the best private school in Middle Tennessee. The teachers, personnel, and coaches are exceptional.

Posted August 11, 2006

Having a 2006 Graduate of FRHS, I have seen first hand what Father Ryan offers students. It not only offers a very solid education, it produces mature, responsible young men and women that can interact with adults in almost any situation. We have been so impressed with FRHS that it was our only choice for our second child, now a freshman at Father Ryan. *There are a lot of changes being implemented this year, including a new principle. With that in mind, my scores are based on what I have experienced up to this current school year.

Posted October 7, 2004

We have two children enrolled this year and both are brand new to Father Ryan. We are so happy with how well our children have been embraced by the Father Ryan community. The teachers, administrators, coaches, and students have been so accepting and welcoming to our kids. We've been impressed by the facilities and the teachers. We couldnt have made a better choice for our kids than to attend Father Ryan

Posted February 23, 2004

I am an alumni of Father Ryan and I feel that when I went to college I was more than prepared for what was ahead of me. It really is more than a school, it's a family as well.

Posted September 9, 2003

Fr. Ryan is a wonderful 'community'. There is so much love there and so many wonderful faculty members and students. It truly gets better every year. I feel very blessed to have graduated one child from Fr. Ryan and currently have another there.

Posted September 4, 2003

I graduated from Father Ryan in 2000 and I am proud to call myself an alumni. Things have changed since I went there but we are still a family. They helped me so much when I was filling out my college applications. Now, I am a Psychology major.

Posted August 26, 2003

Just wanted to let everyone know that FRHS is absolutely the best high school in Nashville. I attended FRHS for all 4 years of high school and I too wouldn't want to have experienced high school anywhere else! FRHS keeps making building improvements that are doing nothing but making this school better! Keep up the good work!

Posted August 10, 2003

father ryan is more than a school its a community you get what you put into it i cant say enough about it i wouldnt want my high school experience any other way

Two or more races 3% N/A
Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Nashville

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

700 Norwood Dr