9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Father Ryan High School 1

Posted January 05, 2016
The school campus is beautiful but the staff is overwhelming unqualified. They DO NOT follow state guidelines for teachers being certified in their areas of study. They do not do adequate searches for qualified personnel. They hire friends and relatives whether they are qualified or not. TRUTH PEOPLE! Could be a great school but the administration has to go or grow up! Very few scholars come out of this school. If you only care about social you will be semi ok. Sad wasted place!

Posted June 11, 2014
Feel part of a community that instills faith and morals. Great education by teachers that are caring and involved. Strong administration that is accessible. A school where everyone is known and can find their niche. Highly recommend to even those students whom are not Catholic. Teachers and coaches that mentor your child and prepare them for college. Loved having the block schedule and various leveled choices in core classes. Teachers always giving the extra time for your child to succeed. Beautiful campus and outstanding leadership team.

Father Ryan High School 2

Posted June 11, 2014
The school? Very nice. The students? That's a different story. After moving across the country, my family decided to send me to Father Ryan. It was very unwelcoming. I tried to be friendly and talk to people everyday, but it just felt like the students ignored me. I just felt like I didn't fit in. At my old school, I had nice, caring friends. Here I didn't ever even make one. It made me just feel lonely and depressed. I don't recommend this school for people who aren't from Tennessee. It seems like nearly everyone went to Elementary school and Middle school together. Therefore, they already had there group of friends and didn't want new meet new people. Hopefully this problem can be fixed for future students, because I would hate for others to have the same experience I did.

Father Ryan High School 1

Posted February 18, 2013
My son has attendended this school for a year now. This is probably the worst school you could possibly send your child to. It has little to no diversity in their students making "most" of them very similar. No one stands out in any special way. Just a bunch of preppy athletes as my son says. Some teachers single out students and make other students seem lower when everyone should be equal. Teachers dont follow policies by only applying them to some students. My son left and is now attending Hillsboro. Its not a good school and he loves it. Thats what matters. I highly recommend public school if your child isnt really having that great connection with a private school.

Posted November 02, 2010
FRHS is an incredible school. I transferred there my junior year in 2006 and was astonished by the strong community and spirit of the school. Father Ryan focuses on producing well-rounded young adults and the things I learned there go far beyond the classroom. Also when I entered college I discovered we were far more prepared academically then the vast majority of our peers. I look forward to sending my children there.

Posted October 13, 2010
Its commitment to the students is outstanding!

Posted October 01, 2007
This is by far the best private school in Middle Tennessee. The teachers, personnel, and coaches are exceptional.

Posted August 11, 2006
Having a 2006 Graduate of FRHS, I have seen first hand what Father Ryan offers students. It not only offers a very solid education, it produces mature, responsible young men and women that can interact with adults in almost any situation. We have been so impressed with FRHS that it was our only choice for our second child, now a freshman at Father Ryan. *There are a lot of changes being implemented this year, including a new principle. With that in mind, my scores are based on what I have experienced up to this current school year.

Posted October 07, 2004
We have two children enrolled this year and both are brand new to Father Ryan. We are so happy with how well our children have been embraced by the Father Ryan community. The teachers, administrators, coaches, and students have been so accepting and welcoming to our kids. We've been impressed by the facilities and the teachers. We couldnt have made a better choice for our kids than to attend Father Ryan

Posted February 23, 2004
I am an alumni of Father Ryan and I feel that when I went to college I was more than prepared for what was ahead of me. It really is more than a school, it's a family as well.

Father Ryan High School
700 Norwood Drive, Nashville, TN  37204
Last modified Father Ryan High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Father Ryan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top