9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Many teachers are not qualified and brag about this which is ridiculous but may staff members are very old and have been at school 50+ years - nice but needless to say they have not kept up with teaching styles

Amount of homework: Disagree

The kids do very little or homework that is not relevant but rather busy work

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My child was not one of the "in" students. Students were treated differently and the teachers who have been there decades are out of touch! Was not happy with the administration and communication.which they did not do very well was disappointing. Homework was -turn in whenever - and teachers had very different guidelines with the administration not being responsive or helpful at all.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Father Ryan has some of the most academically gifted, caring, and fun teachers of any school I have encountered. They teach my children in a way that makes them WANT to succeed and feel good doing it.

Amount of homework: no rating

This is highly debatable, as a Freshman I have seen kids totally floored by the amount of homework they have. It is a learning curve and depends on the classes they take. I can say that the teachers are always willing to re-teach something my children might be having trouble with.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty, integrity, and fairness are all core values taught everyday at Father Ryan. Considering many High Schools student see the opposite from their schools staff, administration, and peers, I am exceedingly happy my children attend Father Ryan.

After reading some of the reviews below I feel like my child I going to a completely different school than the one mentioned! He is an advanced minority student, Father Ryan both challenges him academically and socially. He is in many clubs and has friends from many different backgrounds and cultures. We just found out he received a full ride for pre-med to the college of his choice. I feel like this is exactly what Father Ryan set him up for. Having three boys there now, I haven't had any issues with bulling or social problems. I hope we are the norm and not the exception to the rule when it comes to being treated with kindness. We did not attend Father Ryan so I can not assume it is an alumni thing as stated below. Excellent education and environment, beautiful large campus that rivals some colleges, and a great many social activities, plus amazing faith based teachers/staff. Will be sending my last child there definitely as well! Thank you Father Ryan!!

The school campus is beautiful but the staff is overwhelming unqualified. They DO NOT follow state guidelines for teachers being certified in their areas of study. They do not do adequate searches for qualified personnel. They hire friends and relatives whether they are qualified or not. TRUTH PEOPLE! Could be a great school but the administration has to go or grow up! Very few scholars come out of this school. If you only care about social you will be semi ok. Sad wasted place!

Feel part of a community that instills faith and morals. Great education by teachers that are caring and involved. Strong administration that is accessible. A school where everyone is known and can find their niche. Highly recommend to even those students whom are not Catholic. Teachers and coaches that mentor your child and prepare them for college. Loved having the block schedule and various leveled choices in core classes. Teachers always giving the extra time for your child to succeed. Beautiful campus and outstanding leadership team.

The school? Very nice. The students? That's a different story. After moving across the country, my family decided to send me to Father Ryan. It was very unwelcoming. I tried to be friendly and talk to people everyday, but it just felt like the students ignored me. I just felt like I didn't fit in. At my old school, I had nice, caring friends. Here I didn't ever even make one. It made me just feel lonely and depressed. I don't recommend this school for people who aren't from Tennessee. It seems like nearly everyone went to Elementary school and Middle school together. Therefore, they already had there group of friends and didn't want new meet new people. Hopefully this problem can be fixed for future students, because I would hate for others to have the same experience I did.

Last modified Father Ryan High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12