9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My daughter tells me that if there is an issue with conflict, once it is reported, it is dealt with immediately. The discipline at the school is tempered with respect and Christian faith. Conflict is not allowed to escalate to the point where it would BE bullying.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I don't have a child with learning needs, but I think the school provides a good deal of support and accommodations to those who do.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I just have felt so welcomed and known at the school since I first expressed an interest. I had one issue with my child when she first started, and I asked for a meeting with the teacher and academic dean, and we had it. It cleared up the issue immediately.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The strong character of the principal and the teachers truly impress me. Coaches and teachers both set pretty high standards and hold the kids accountable. They also do service!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Oh my gosh. I am amazed at the level of learning my student is having, and she is not even at the honors level in classes. Teachers offer help all the time if she is struggling.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

I feel as if the homework is fairly assigned. The school is on a block schedule, so there is no more than 4 classes of homework per night.

I was so apprehensive about high school for my child. She desperately wanted to go to FRHS, but I was worried that it was too big. I could not have been more wrong! This school feels so small and individual, because every teacher genuinely cares about the student, her success, her challenges. And because the school has different academic levels in each area, you can find the perfect fit for your child. It has been a wonderful experience for us.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is just not an issue. Do kids tease? Yes. But the school has a thorough probe gram and takes action, both positive and disciplinarily, immediately if there is a problem.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

They have the best people and services in this city.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

This school has some of the best school leadership in Nashville! Yet they are very approachable.

Last modified Father Ryan High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12