PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)

We are a first generation family at Saint Henry School. We knew about the school in the community before we ever had children, and noticed that whenever I met an above average young adult out and about our Nashville suburb, they usually answered they attended Saint Henry School for elementary school. We became members of the parish, and watched more. Over time it was clear that this is where we were to send our children. We now have two students, grades 7 and 4, attending St Henry. We wouldn't trade Saint Henry for anything. When they say they are forming the whole child, it is the truth. The school not only offers strong academics, including resources available for extra help, but the emotional and spiritual development is there as well. Weekly mass is celebrated schoolwide, where each class from grades 2 - 8 has opportunity to read the readings for the school. We have made wonderful friends here at Saint Henry and hope that we are the first of many generations to come at the school. It truly is a family!

My family has been very pleased with our experience at St Henry School. Our children were warmly welcomed when we came from out of the area. They quickly settled into this loving, vibrant and active community. The academics, athletics and arts are strong. There is an ethos of faith that runs throughout the curriculum and activities that has enriched our whole family. It has made all the difference to being new to Nashville to be part of the St Henry community.

St. Henry School is a fabulous School. I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. I have 3 children that have graduated from St. Henry. Each child had different needs along the way. Each child was encouraged to achieve at their level. The atmosphere allows each student to strive to be the person that God created them to be. They have sports, drama, science Olympiad, just to name a few. The strong catholic faith that my children have is due to the excellent staff and faculty at St. Henry.

St. Henry’s is one of the best decisions we made for our daughter. We know as a current 7th grader that she will have no problems navigating her high school experience, we are thankful for the strong foundation they built at St. Henry’s. Because of the academic standards she has been held to at St. Henry’s, she has developed an advanced knowledge base, work ethic, and discipline that has prepared her for rigorous academic challenges in high school. In addition to thriving academically, she has participated in school sports, Children of Mary and school plays, here we are proud to see her as humble, respectful, and encouraging of team members; character traits that were developed within the St. Henry’s family and have continued to live strong. Our 7th grader is a testament to how much St. Henry’s continues to evolve where academics and technology is concerned, but remain anchored in the same Christ centered, family-like community. We value the Catholic education our daughter receives at St Henry’s because we are seeing right before our very eyes the person she is becoming. The foundation and cornerstones of what makes a servant leader. Yes it is important that she develops the skills and discipline for success - but in addition to that, my personal hook to the catholic education I received - and what I see her receiving are the resources to creating a better world through our commitment to our faith and simple mission to help. We are excited for her future as we are now certain that she will be well prepared. We are equally sad that her time at St. Henry’s is coming to a close as we will miss our tiger family. Love and joy live in the halls and hearts of the staff and students, and it is what we will miss most about St. Henry’s. We are forever thankful for all of the inspiring and positive influences that have touched our daughter’s life in ways that we are still realizing.

Saint Henry School is a wonderful well balanced school. You get a great education along with all the different sports, music and arts. When you walk around the school you get a wonderful sense of how important the religious aspect is to the community. I really wanted my children to be in a school with the Dominicans so they can get a feel for the religious life. The faculty is very loving and always willing to help when there is a need. Saint Henry has been the best choice for my family.

Saint Henry School was the best school for my three daughters. The feel of the school is always calm and the teachers are very loving and caring toward the children. The academics at this school are at a high level. My children were very prepared when they went to high school. My oldest daughter is a nurse and my middle child a biology major and my youngest is still in school. I would highly recommend Saint Henry School to anyone who values their children's education.

It is comforting to know that when you send your children to Saint Henry School they are in an excellent Catholic school that teaches the foundation of our faith and provides a high quality education in a safe environment. Strong moral values are being reinforced everyday and the Catholic identity is evident in the classrooms and hallways. When entering Saint Henry School there is a feeling of family and everyone is very welcoming. My children attended Saint Henry School and were very well prepared for high school due to the exceptional group of dedicated and loving teachers and staff that expected the best from them.

This is an excellent school based on strong Catholic values. The faculty is well qualified, the administrations is supportive, and the parent community is warm and welcoming. My children attended St. Henry and were well prepared for high school where they excelled. I am grateful for the solid spiritual and academic foundation that my children received while attending St. Henry School.

I attended this school and after 8 years I wish I didn't. The class sizes aren't huge but they do a horrible job of dividing them into small sizes. The nuns at this school are not very good teachers and very strict, and the principal and vice principal are both way too strict and take everything away. The only way to really fit in at this school is if you have cousins who have attended or if you have aunts or moms who work here. Getting extra help is virtually impossible and they form your education as if everyone is going to Father Ryan. There is a fine line between the jocks and the other kids. The jocks think they are just too cool, when in reality they are very uneducated, and the teachers do a horrible job of keeping their egos down. The only two fully qualified teachers at this school are Brian Knoop and Donna Branniff, who ACTUALLY know to educate someone. The rules here are beyond strict and there is a good deal of bullying that goes on that is left unnoticed due to lack of effort. It is frowned upon if you are not going to Father Ryan and some teachers actually have the nerve to call you a rich kid or a poor kid depending on where you go to high school. I do not recommend.

The teachers and the school really care about my children and are helping to form great individuals. After leaving St. Edward, I found St. Henry to be a breath of fresh air. A great supportive community.

Last modified St. Henry Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8