PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

Posted December 03, 2008
St. vincent was once a wonderful school my daughter has attended there for 3 years it wasnt until the drop in enrollment that things started going downhill. My daughter now attends a public school and is striving to catch up with her class do to the lack of the school not concentrating on math but on other things such as reading and the religous aspect so now she is behind I have spoken with other parents who have made the transition and they too are going through the same thing its almost like math was'nt being taught.But I love the staff dearly and sure would hate to see them go. For pre-k -K it is an excellent choice!

Posted March 17, 2008
St. Vincent is great. I drive daily 35 miles one way for my child to attend. The small class size, individual attention to the student. The compassion from teachers and the principal is second to none. The best assest for any child in the earliest and most precious years is to feel wanted and loved. St. Vincent offers a great education and most of all the best safe haven away from home to educate our children in faith and good solid life long values

St. Vincent School 3

Posted March 27, 2007
I was surprised to read about a child's experience involving cursing or fighting in the hallway at this call. My child has attended for three years. I've never heard of the kinds of problems there like I do 'regularly' in the public school system. In fact, my child has commented that it's boring at times because they are so restrictive about things like horseplay, proper uniform, etc. But of course, things will happen. This is the ideal place for a child to get a smaller classroom. Extracurricular activities are limited. My biggest concern is that issues, maybe budgetary, have had a negative impact on academic quality. I know it's not up to par with what I've experienced at other private schools. They don't have the reputation they used to have. I hope they'll tell the community what to do to help them reclaim and surpass historic levels of academic quality.

St. Vincent School 4

Posted March 05, 2006
I have been pleased with my experiences at St. Vincent. The teacher's go above and beyond with the children. They provide one-on-one help and they keep parents informed of your child's progress. My son has done well at the school and has maintained good grades. He has a good relationship with his teacher and she provides daily behavior on each child so parents are updated. The teacher also verbally communicates with parents. My daughter is equally happy at St. Vincent. She is excited to go to school everyday because the teachers are enthusiastic and focus on key skills. St. Vincent also provides a good balance of athletics, academics and fun parties and activities. I would recommend this school to others and believe the key to a successful school is support from parents and admninistrators who are advocates for our children. St. Vincent contains these qualities. I am a graduate also.

St. Vincent School 5

Posted March 03, 2006
I am sorry for that parent who had a bad time at St. Vincent but most people who leave are the ones who are causing the fights and are very disrespectful. The teachers are very loving and try to instill godly priciples that will last longer than their time at St.Vincent. The principal also tries very hard to work with the students that other schools have given up on and has had more success. I enjoy seeing my child learn and turn into a better christian.

St. Vincent School 1

Posted January 23, 2006
This school is for children with behavior problems. I would not send my precious child to this school. I removed my child from the school because of constant fighting and cursing in the halls.

1704 Heiman St, Nashville, TN  37208