No rating

Donelson Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 782 students

Living in Nashville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $117,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Posted October 13, 2014

After attending a High School soccer game with a friend who's child attends this school I have to say I am shocked! Parents proudly wearing their DCA gear all while screaming at the refs and children playing on the other team. Grown men telling children that they are horrible players. I was waiting for someone from the administration to come and hopefully ask them to stop but was told that this goes on all the time in all the sports they have there. I have to believe if the parents are this bad I would hate to see how their children behave.

Posted April 21, 2014

DCA is an outstanding school! My son is a junior, but has been attending DCA since Pre-K5. DCA has prepared my child to be an all around whole person. They have helped shape him mentally, physically, and morally. The academics are second to none. Some people think our school is just about sports. The ACT scores right there with the most expensive schools in Nashville. You also need to check out our fine arts dept! Once you become a part of the DCA family, there is nothing the Wildcat Nation wouldn't do to help you and your children. If I had to do it all over again - it still would be DCA!

Posted February 22, 2014

The way bible class is taught (in my opinion) seems disrespectful to other religions, and seems to be taught poorly of the other world views. Ex: "animals have no souls they can't love", they are teaching the unproven. They are very discriminating to people with individuality, so to say; Making fake people. I must say they are very good at sweeping things under the rug, meaning that if something happens they keep it as quiet as possible not giving out any info. The media found out about something before their own students did. If we have to pay more and more tuition each year we deserve to know what is going on. They also seem to be completely oblivious of student thoughts and problems.

Posted February 4, 2014

My Children have attended DCA since K-4. Over the years I have become very disappointed with the environment academically and otherwise. If you are in the right click of students, parents and teachers your life at DCA will be amazing but for the rest of us not so much. The same children are chosen to represent at school events over and over! When you speak with administration about any concerns you may have they come across as very condescending. If you have a lot of money to spend and time to donate then this is the school for you! If you have to work hard to pay the tuition and can't give extra your child will often feel left out! Also what they say about too much attention spent on athletics is valid! Again if your child is one of the teachers kids or in the right click they will get plenty of play time. If not expect your child to be a bench warmer regardless of their skills. So if I knew in the beginning what I knew now my kids would not be at this school. It is very sad because the school has so much potential but first they need to make some serious changes!

Posted January 23, 2014

Choosing to enroll my children at DCA this year was one of the best educational decisions I have ever made for them. The curriculum is far more challenging than their previous private school. The faculty actually cares about my children and is open and inviting of parental communication! It is nice to walk into the building and no longer feel like an outsider- both for me and my children

Posted May 31, 2013

I have been going to this school for years, I enjoyed elementary but it wasn't until I was in middle school when I figured out that they had very bad academics and mainly focused on just the athletics. Nearly all of my science teachers and history teachers had no background or degree on the subject they were teaching. Please stop focussing on Athletics and start focussing on what's really important, the academics! - a concerned student

Posted February 27, 2013

Middle school boys wildcat football, basketball and baseball teams are roaring toward a Banner Year thanks to a great group of scholar athletes, coaches, cheer leaders and supporting cast of parents, grandparents, family, friends, administrators, teachers, and students that may not play, along with their parents, who come to the games to offer their support and encouragement. Last year's middle football team had only 14 players, but won as many games as they lost; this year, they passed and ran past every opponent to an undefeated season. The basketball team was undefeated in their District and only experienced two losses to a non-conference team with many year-around AAU players. At District tourney they were rewarded with a bye; as all teams were aiming at the wildcats, the first game was close with a basket at the buzzer for a one point victory; then came game two, a win over an excellent Goodpasture Christian Academy team, cutting down the nets and producing another banner for the middle gymnasium rafters. Baseball coaches too, are very optimistic. There are many sucessfull boy & girl activities at DCA--a proud grandparent of an 8th grade scholar athlete celebrating a little.

Posted January 31, 2013

If DCA is all that you know, you might think it was a good school. After spending 5 years at DCA we had the opportunity to move to a state with excellent public schools. We were so shocked at how lacking DCA was as an academic institution! We had no idea what our children were missing out on until we left. They were always bored, but we never realized how mediocre the academics were until we realized the public school was at least a year ahead. If you are not an alumni or do not teach or work at the school, your child will never get a fair education. The best teachers classrooms are always stacked with the staff and alumni's children. It is a sad but true reality, one that is just swept under the rug. Extras that the school attempts to sell as "exclusive" such as smartboards were present in our children's new public schools and had been there for years, purchased with PTO dollars. Any reputable high school offers AP courses and those for college credit- also not a DCA exclusive as they would have you think. The one strength I will say that DCA has is an excellent art program. Other than that, our family has to give it a thumbs down.

Posted January 12, 2013

My son has been attending DCA since 5th grade. I can not say enough about this school. My son is not a football player nor in the band and we have never felt out of place at this school. My son loves his teachers and the lifelong friends he's made at DCA. My son is more than ready for college including opportunities to have college credits by the end of his senior year. The administration and faculty have been top notch and responsive to any questions or concerns I had in a sincere & timely manner. Reviews are always good to take into consideration however I strongly suggest you take a tour of the school, look over the curriculum as well as the graduation rates and success rates of their alumni. As far as some of the negative comments regarding favoritism toward athletics...come to a Friday night home game and see how the DCA community comes together (students, parents, faculty, administration) to support their team. The energy is amazing. There are no favorites just one big family community whether its a football game or a natural disaster. I feel so blessed to have my son at this school.

Posted March 21, 2012

Two words: VERY disappointing. The administration and teachers treat parents like small children, speaking in a very demeaning fashion - and this school charges a PREMIUM for students to attend - whether it's daycare or the regular school. Snap judgments are made on pre-K children, and parents are treated like turnkeys. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone - look at other Christian schools if that's the route you want to go, but this school is "talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk" by any measure.

Posted August 26, 2011

My children have been going to dca for 5 years. Initially we were thrilled with the environment but in the last 2 years we have become extremely disappointed with the administration. The favoritism expressed for certain families -generally the football/cheerleading families or the ones that donate extra cash to the business office - is absolutely shameful. It has become evident there is very little focus on education and lots of focus on making $. In addition, the fake "Christian" elitist attidue can really wear on those of us that value our relationship with God, I recommend anyone looking to have their child attend here rethink the public school option. Save your money and spend a little extra time with your child doing homework. You both will benefit in the long run.

Posted January 3, 2011

We left this school because the academics are poor and the focus is on athletics only.

Posted August 14, 2010

I have been attending DCA for 12 years now, and while I'm not always happy, I think over all it is an excellent school. Yes some of the kids think they are better then others (but what school has completely perfect students), and yes sometimes sports seems to be the only thing that matters, but they are working hard to change that. The Choir and Drama are becomeing more active in the school and are receiving more support, and in the last couple years we have extended arts programs in the school. True not all the students are Christian, but those students are coming to recieve a better education and are held to the same standards as the Christian students. Though the school may not always be perfect, everyone pulls together to help each other in time of need, as has been shown over the last months since the flood.

Posted March 4, 2010

My child has attended DCA for eight years. Our satisfaction with DCA has declined significantly over the last 3 years. There is a tendency to get lost in the shuffle for average students. Students are not held accountable. Athletes get special treatment. Not enough bang for your buck unless money is not an issue.

Posted February 23, 2010

DCA is a wonderful school! The teachers and staff are warm and truly care for the kids and their development.

Posted November 17, 2009

I'm in the 7th grade i have been at DCA since K4 up till this grade i love it but know i really don't like it. All they care about is football and basketball and mainly guys sports. So if your a guy and you like basketball and football its a really good school for you but if your a girl and don't really care for either its not so good!
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 9, 2009

My daughter attended DCA for 11 years and we were always pleased with the education she received. She was able to obtain multiple scholarships due to the academic leval she was taught and I feel she would not have received the same in the local public schools. She definitely was ready for college when she got there and graduated two years ago from MTSU in the top 2% of her class. They do put a lot of emphasis on atheletics and band but I think they should expand their emphasis in other areas for more children to become involved at the school. Overall we had a great experience at DCA.

Posted July 22, 2009

I came to DCA my freshman year. Want academics and a strong curriculum? You could get some of that here. Want way to much emphasis on sports and athletes? You will be overwhelmed by it here. Honestly, some people go here just because they have the money, and others because they truly want a good Christian school. Coming in as a freshman, it is hard to make friends with the people who have gone to DCA all of their lives. Granted, there are many new students coming in, which is great. However, the majority of the rest of the student body is very cliquey, because they have been with each other for years. There are a few other things to do besides athletics, if you are into the whole musical scene. Too much emphasis on sports & how much money your family has.

Posted March 13, 2008

I am currently in the 8th grade. It is a very wonderful school. It has great academics that are very challenging. And most of the teachers are very nice. Athletics are one of the best in the area, but I think it's not all about sports. I waited to play football and did this year. The years before that no one treated me differently because I didn't play football. The band is great too, but everyone says that is all we have. I am now in the choir and love it. We have a great director and it's very fun. The school is very spiritually sound too. The only minus I have about this school is that all the students aren't 'christian', but that is the way it is at all schools.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 19, 2007

I am a parent of two children at DCA and also a graduate of the school. I'm very thankful that I had the opportunity to attend DCA. When it came time for my husband and I to choose where our kids would go to school, DCA was where we wanted them to be. As a student at DCA, I received an exceptional education and I was prepared for college. My children are excelling at DCA in all areas..academically, socially and spiritually. The school is very blessed to have wonderful teachers and an administration who really care about their students. The environment is very supportive and I know each day I drop off my kids at school, they are safe, cared for and receiving a fantastic education.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

300 Danyacrest Drive