Posted October 13, 2014
After attending a High School soccer game with a friend who's child attends this school I have to say I am shocked! Parents proudly wearing their DCA gear all while screaming at the refs and children playing on the other team. Grown men telling children that they are horrible players. I was waiting for someone from the administration to come and hopefully ask them to stop but was told that this goes on all the time in all the sports they have there. I have to believe if the parents are this bad I would hate to see how their children behave.

Posted April 21, 2014
DCA is an outstanding school! My son is a junior, but has been attending DCA since Pre-K5. DCA has prepared my child to be an all around whole person. They have helped shape him mentally, physically, and morally. The academics are second to none. Some people think our school is just about sports. The ACT scores right there with the most expensive schools in Nashville. You also need to check out our fine arts dept! Once you become a part of the DCA family, there is nothing the Wildcat Nation wouldn't do to help you and your children. If I had to do it all over again - it still would be DCA!

Posted February 22, 2014
The way bible class is taught (in my opinion) seems disrespectful to other religions, and seems to be taught poorly of the other world views. Ex: "animals have no souls they can't love", they are teaching the unproven. They are very discriminating to people with individuality, so to say; Making fake people. I must say they are very good at sweeping things under the rug, meaning that if something happens they keep it as quiet as possible not giving out any info. The media found out about something before their own students did. If we have to pay more and more tuition each year we deserve to know what is going on. They also seem to be completely oblivious of student thoughts and problems.

Posted February 04, 2014
My Children have attended DCA since K-4. Over the years I have become very disappointed with the environment academically and otherwise. If you are in the right click of students, parents and teachers your life at DCA will be amazing but for the rest of us not so much. The same children are chosen to represent at school events over and over! When you speak with administration about any concerns you may have they come across as very condescending. If you have a lot of money to spend and time to donate then this is the school for you! If you have to work hard to pay the tuition and can't give extra your child will often feel left out! Also what they say about too much attention spent on athletics is valid! Again if your child is one of the teachers kids or in the right click they will get plenty of play time. If not expect your child to be a bench warmer regardless of their skills. So if I knew in the beginning what I knew now my kids would not be at this school. It is very sad because the school has so much potential but first they need to make some serious changes!

Posted January 23, 2014
Choosing to enroll my children at DCA this year was one of the best educational decisions I have ever made for them. The curriculum is far more challenging than their previous private school. The faculty actually cares about my children and is open and inviting of parental communication! It is nice to walk into the building and no longer feel like an outsider- both for me and my children

Donelson Christian Academy 2

Posted May 31, 2013
I have been going to this school for years, I enjoyed elementary but it wasn't until I was in middle school when I figured out that they had very bad academics and mainly focused on just the athletics. Nearly all of my science teachers and history teachers had no background or degree on the subject they were teaching. Please stop focussing on Athletics and start focussing on what's really important, the academics! - a concerned student

Posted February 27, 2013
Middle school boys wildcat football, basketball and baseball teams are roaring toward a Banner Year thanks to a great group of scholar athletes, coaches, cheer leaders and supporting cast of parents, grandparents, family, friends, administrators, teachers, and students that may not play, along with their parents, who come to the games to offer their support and encouragement. Last year's middle football team had only 14 players, but won as many games as they lost; this year, they passed and ran past every opponent to an undefeated season. The basketball team was undefeated in their District and only experienced two losses to a non-conference team with many year-around AAU players. At District tourney they were rewarded with a bye; as all teams were aiming at the wildcats, the first game was close with a basket at the buzzer for a one point victory; then came game two, a win over an excellent Goodpasture Christian Academy team, cutting down the nets and producing another banner for the middle gymnasium rafters. Baseball coaches too, are very optimistic. There are many sucessfull boy & girl activities at DCA--a proud grandparent of an 8th grade scholar athlete celebrating a little.

Posted January 31, 2013
If DCA is all that you know, you might think it was a good school. After spending 5 years at DCA we had the opportunity to move to a state with excellent public schools. We were so shocked at how lacking DCA was as an academic institution! We had no idea what our children were missing out on until we left. They were always bored, but we never realized how mediocre the academics were until we realized the public school was at least a year ahead. If you are not an alumni or do not teach or work at the school, your child will never get a fair education. The best teachers classrooms are always stacked with the staff and alumni's children. It is a sad but true reality, one that is just swept under the rug. Extras that the school attempts to sell as "exclusive" such as smartboards were present in our children's new public schools and had been there for years, purchased with PTO dollars. Any reputable high school offers AP courses and those for college credit- also not a DCA exclusive as they would have you think. The one strength I will say that DCA has is an excellent art program. Other than that, our family has to give it a thumbs down.

Posted January 12, 2013
My son has been attending DCA since 5th grade. I can not say enough about this school. My son is not a football player nor in the band and we have never felt out of place at this school. My son loves his teachers and the lifelong friends he's made at DCA. My son is more than ready for college including opportunities to have college credits by the end of his senior year. The administration and faculty have been top notch and responsive to any questions or concerns I had in a sincere & timely manner. Reviews are always good to take into consideration however I strongly suggest you take a tour of the school, look over the curriculum as well as the graduation rates and success rates of their alumni. As far as some of the negative comments regarding favoritism toward athletics...come to a Friday night home game and see how the DCA community comes together (students, parents, faculty, administration) to support their team. The energy is amazing. There are no favorites just one big family community whether its a football game or a natural disaster. I feel so blessed to have my son at this school.

Posted March 21, 2012
Two words: VERY disappointing. The administration and teachers treat parents like small children, speaking in a very demeaning fashion - and this school charges a PREMIUM for students to attend - whether it's daycare or the regular school. Snap judgments are made on pre-K children, and parents are treated like turnkeys. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone - look at other Christian schools if that's the route you want to go, but this school is "talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk" by any measure.

Donelson Christian Academy
300 Danyacrest Drive, Nashville, TN  37214
Last modified Donelson Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Donelson Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top