Nashville, TN

Posted January 09, 2014
I could not imagine choosing any other school in Nashville other than Akiva. The academics are outstanding, the teachers and faculty are so impressive and caring. My kids LOVE going to school and truly feel like Akiva is their second home. My oldest is graduating this year and scored off the charts on the private school entrance exam for his application to 7th grade. The dual-language curriculum of Hebrew daily along with English develops their brains and contributes to their sense of Jewish identity and confidence in incredible ways. Our school could only improve by more families choosing to send their kids to Akiva. I cannot say enough about the character of my kids and how Akiva contributed to that development in substantial ways.

Posted January 09, 2014
Akiva is a very special school-- a hidden jewel among private day schools. Our daughter graduated from here and has gone on to make honor roll at a top tier private middle school. Our son is currently a student at Akiva--his ability to speak a second language fluetnly in 3rd grade was amazing. His ability to debate philosphoical biblical texts in 6th grade is just as amazing. The biggest testament to this school is the impact that Akiva alums have on their next school!

Akiva School 3

Posted October 21, 2013
This school has been steadily going downhill in the past year and several months. Many incredible faculty members departed around the end of school last year. The rest of our children will not continue to attend unless a major change occurs very soon.

Posted December 17, 2012
Great school. Doing a fantastic job for it's size. Caring teachers and professional staff. Problem-free? No, but neither are the other schools. Had (past tense here) bullying problem. Was addressed by staff and counselors and is for the most part gone. I would send my kid there again in a heartbeat.

Posted September 02, 2011
Deciding on a school was one of the most difficult decisions I have made as a parent! Akiva not only met my expectations, it surpassed it in ways I didn't even know possible! The entire school knows my child's name, knows our whole family, and keeps us informed of what she's learning on a daily basis. Akiva teaches kids how to be independent thinkers and leaders. I cannot rave about Akiva enough...it is truly a very special school!

Akiva School 4

Posted November 12, 2010
My children have attended Akiva for the past six years and it is an excellent school with a fabulous teacher to child ratio. They do have a bullying problem, however, which I believe the school is beginning to address.

Posted September 14, 2010
Akiva is an excellent school. It provides good preparation for middle school. It needs to control bullying more and weed out kids with emotional problems. A good experience.

Posted October 03, 2009
Akiva is the only Jewish educational school in all of Nashville, it has excellent scholarship and deserves to receive whatever it can to keep it going.

Akiva School 0

Posted April 09, 2006
My Child started at Akiva at 5 years old, in Pre-First. He will be in Fifth Grade next fall. I am absolutely thrilled with the leadership, educational skills and individual attention to each student's needs, both developmentally as well as educationally. They offer Advanced Placement in Math and Reading.The teachers and staff instill a level of confidence in each child, encouraging and motivating them to be their personal best.Dr Berk and his staff ARE top notch educators. My child is reading at a 6th grade level and above. He loves school. He will carry on traditions, and practice 'Tikkun Olam' throughout his life, by his involvement now. He loves the Literature Circles, after school clubs, Computer Classes, Science, Music, and Art. It was everything I could have hoped for, and so much more. Akiva is our home, away from home, not just our school. I give it an A plus!

Akiva School