No rating

Ensworth School

Private | K-12

Student diversity

Living in Nashville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $181,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted April 1, 2014

I used to go to Ensworth and dreaded each and every day of it. I went all the way from Pre-First grade (Kindergarten) to 6th. I don't mean to add on to the overuse of the word, but this school IS in fact VERY clique-y. After moving on to MBA, Ensworth's rival, I realized how unbelievably horrid the academics were. I breezed through Ensworth, making not a single grade below a 95 the entire time. Also, there is no disciplinary council, no honor code, and nothing but sports offices everywhere. If you want to spend 25K a year to send your child to a social zoo surrounded by rich kids, then this is the place for you. Otherwise, send your kid the Harpeth Hall or MBA.

Posted February 28, 2014

This school is terrible, it's very overpriced for the curriculum offered. We have visited and my child shadowed. The administration is fake and the kids are very snobby and rude to a child who is shadowing. They are quite a clique. They encouraged us to go ahead and apply which was a waste of time for us because we had already decided that our child would not be attending this awful school. They compare themselves to Phillips Exeter, knowing people whose children attend PE, I can definitely say they aren't even close to Exeter. Don't waste your time with this school there are many other private schools in Nashville that are so much better.

Posted July 7, 2013

To the person refuting the review calling Ensworth "cliquey": you are absolutely wrong. It's so cliquey beyond imagination. there are so many little factions (i.e. the jocks, the prissy spoiled girls, the rich kids) that it was hard to find a place in school. There wasn't room for smart people like me because there simply WEREN'T ANY TO BEGIN WITH. And being an artist, I can assure you that the teachers are the least helpful people you can imagine. I was told that my art would be submitted in the Scholastic Art Competition on several occasions, only to find that my art teacher "forgot." This school only supports its donors and forgets the rest. At Ensworth, you're just another number, and your number is determined by how much money you give to the school. I wish I could go to Harpeth Hall or USN, but I guess it's too late to switch during my SENIOR YEAR. Do not apply to this school: it's full of empty promises and crushed dreams.

Posted December 1, 2012

To the person talking about it being "clique-y" I go there and it isn't at all and I haven't experienced not one bully. The teachers do not favor at all, and how are arts students ignored if we built a huge art building. Just for show?

Posted June 28, 2012

I went to a "rival high school" in Nashville. Ensworth graduates wonderful people every year. Two of the best friends that I've made in college went to Ensworth, and I wish people would get over it. I understand the ferocity of the athletic rivalry with my "rival high school," and I applaud those who can look past their schools and remain friends. Those of you who can't, however, are pathetic. Aside from this fact, though, my "rival high school's" academics are at a level that Ensworth can only dream about. I'm sorry Ensworth kids, but you may have gotten swindled out of the best education possible. My "rival high school" and Ensworth are filled with children of money. Parents, if you have a son and are looking for the school that will best advance your child and have the resources to do so, the decision is simple. It is absurd to think that your son will get an equivalent education at Ensworth. Absurd. If you are looking for a different social experience and maybe not the absolute best academics, let your kid be a Tiger. But the academic debate is irrelevant. I graduated with 15 National Merit Finalists in my class. Ensworth?: 1 Get it together Tigers and come back to me

Posted June 27, 2012

Ensworth is a great asset to Nashville and a very viable option vs. some of the longer established schools. Any parent should consider Ensworth for their child.

Posted October 19, 2011

I went to Ensworth for four years and the grades were so clique-y and there were bullies so I ended up leaving. When I went to my new school, I realized how easy and almost behind Ensworth is in their academics. Ensworth's focus is on sports and those who are more inclined in the arts are almost ignored. The students that play sports are favored in school by teachers. Ensworth is not a good community to send a student.

Posted June 7, 2010

Ensworth is one of those places that you can hardly describe in words it is so amazing. It is a place full of supportive teachers and loving passionate students. As an alum from one of the beginning years of the high school I know now I could not have made a better decision. EHS prepared me to be a mature adult who can converse with college professor and adults with ease. I am at a top notch college and doing just fine. I have learned the importance of the balance between academics, friends, and other activities. It take all parts to make your life happy, and I have learned to balance those things thanks to Ensworth's focus of family, academics, athletics, and arts. Ensworth is a supportive community where any child who gives it a shot can succeed. My 13 years there prepared me for the rest of my life.

Posted February 3, 2010

A wonderful school! Good teachers and kind kids.

Posted November 27, 2009

As an alumni from Ensworth, I can honestly say that there is no place like the Big E. Going from a small private school to a large University, I have seen the benefits Ensworth provides both academically and physically. But, most importantly is my ability to communicate and relate to my teachers and peers. Ensworth has shaped me to be a leader in my community, an active student on campus, and has given me the tools to be successful in the future. It has been one of the most beneficial decisions I have made.

Posted October 16, 2009

Ensworth is a great school in every way. The teachers are amazing. in my 5+ years, i have never had a teacher i didn't like. The classes are engaging, while still being academically rigorous. I have been at the school since the 7th grade.

Posted May 28, 2009

Top-notch academics, athletics and arts in a friendly supportive atmosphere. PASSIONATE educators working with a confident, talented and diverse student body.

Posted May 27, 2009

Ensworth is Tops! The very best learning environment for a child. Could not be more satisfied. Absolutely the best.

Posted March 21, 2009

The coed environment is a great way to make friends. The teachers are all very supportive and the small classes give great individual attention.

Posted October 6, 2008

My oldest son attends Ensworth and we have been pleased with our choice. It offers a great education with strong athletics and a coeducational environment.

Posted March 9, 2008

The student body is very cliquey and my daughter and many of her friends left because of the social aspect of the school. She went to a different school and found herself having to work extra hard to catch up on school work.

Posted September 9, 2003

Ensworth is a wonderful school that helps each student learn in his or her own way. It promotes academics and teaches children important social skills.

7401 Hwy 100