Nashville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,133

Posted February 09, 2015
I have two children at Ensworth, and could not be happier with the school. The faculty have partnered with us through challenging times, both academic and social. I have found the school environment and curriculum to be engaging, supportive, challenging, nurturing, nudging, welcoming, and open. If a student is willing to put in the time and effort, partner with their teachers and engage fellow students, the sky is the limit for possibilities. Open dialogue and collaboration with teachers and other students is encouraged, especially in the middle and high school. The college placement staff is excellent, and the variety and strength of colleges attended by graduating seniors is a testament to the quality of the education at Ensworth. ALL interests are encouraged, including performing and visual arts, sports, travel, social clubs and community service work. I cannot recommend Ensworth highly enough.

Posted January 12, 2015
We had mixed feelings about moving our child out of the public school system and into private schools. Having made this change, I am so glad we did. The small classes force every child to be an active participant in the classroom. Every child is well known by his/her teachers, and they take a personal interest in their well-being. Ensworth does an excellent job integrating new students, making them feel welcome. The classrooms are much more discussion based, with emphasis and written and verbal communication skills, rather than the obsession with standardized testing we experienced in the public sector. Learning has become interesting again.

Posted January 06, 2015
Amazing school. Very impressive curriculum and a supportive community of parents. Our two children have been blessed to be a part of this school for 20 combined years and we will be sad when their time at Ensworth is over.

Posted December 11, 2014
As parents of three children at Ensworth, we could not be happier with the academics, the wonderful teachers and supportive community. We have three very different children and each has been challenged academically and helped when needed. The teachers know them individually and make themselves available 24/7. Our children have had great opportunities in the arts, athletics, and leadership. Furthermore, we have valued the coeducational environment, which has given our son and daughters a shared experience and true diversity of ideas in the classroom. Academically, the harkness table method of learning has taught them to communicate knowledge, and exchange and challenge ideas. It is one thing to know something for a test; it is another to be able to communicate what you have learned coherently and persuasively. Socially, we like that when one of our children asks a date to a school dance, they know the individual and did not just pick out an attractive face they saw at a party or an athletic event. We highly recommend Ensworth.

Posted December 10, 2014
Ensworth is an amazing school! It is academically challenging and has so many art, athletic, and extra curricular opportunities. My children were well prepared for college and were accepted everywhere in which they applied for admission. The relationships with teachers, staff, and classmates extends well beyond graduation! I can't imagine anyone sending their children somewhere else if given the opportunity to send them to Ensworth!

Posted November 19, 2014
I went to Ensworth for 13 years of my life, but was a part of the community since I was born. The teachers and staff are helpful and friendly they want to help students not only in the classroom but outside as well. I am a freshman in college at New York University and just received a package of the famous Ensworth 'E Cookies' with a personal note from the kitchen staff. I loved to think that they were kind enough to think of me and send me a box full of the best cookies on the planet. The Ensworth Community is unlike any other and I miss walking down the halls knowing every name that went with a face. The academics challenged me and got me into a top university. I played multiple varsity sports, but did not feel any pressure to join them. The arts program inspired me to have a photography minor in college and showed me techniques that I am using in my college courses. I loved Ensworth and it somehow comes up in conversation once a day. Tigernation will be with me for the rest of my life.

Posted April 01, 2014
I used to go to Ensworth and dreaded each and every day of it. I went all the way from Pre-First grade (Kindergarten) to 6th. I don't mean to add on to the overuse of the word, but this school IS in fact VERY clique-y. After moving on to MBA, Ensworth's rival, I realized how unbelievably horrid the academics were. I breezed through Ensworth, making not a single grade below a 95 the entire time. Also, there is no disciplinary council, no honor code, and nothing but sports offices everywhere. If you want to spend 25K a year to send your child to a social zoo surrounded by rich kids, then this is the place for you. Otherwise, send your kid the Harpeth Hall or MBA.

Posted February 28, 2014
This school is terrible, it's very overpriced for the curriculum offered. We have visited and my child shadowed. The administration is fake and the kids are very snobby and rude to a child who is shadowing. They are quite a clique. They encouraged us to go ahead and apply which was a waste of time for us because we had already decided that our child would not be attending this awful school. They compare themselves to Phillips Exeter, knowing people whose children attend PE, I can definitely say they aren't even close to Exeter. Don't waste your time with this school there are many other private schools in Nashville that are so much better.

Posted July 07, 2013
To the person refuting the review calling Ensworth "cliquey": you are absolutely wrong. It's so cliquey beyond imagination. there are so many little factions (i.e. the jocks, the prissy spoiled girls, the rich kids) that it was hard to find a place in school. There wasn't room for smart people like me because there simply WEREN'T ANY TO BEGIN WITH. And being an artist, I can assure you that the teachers are the least helpful people you can imagine. I was told that my art would be submitted in the Scholastic Art Competition on several occasions, only to find that my art teacher "forgot." This school only supports its donors and forgets the rest. At Ensworth, you're just another number, and your number is determined by how much money you give to the school. I wish I could go to Harpeth Hall or USN, but I guess it's too late to switch during my SENIOR YEAR. Do not apply to this school: it's full of empty promises and crushed dreams.

Posted December 01, 2012
To the person talking about it being "clique-y" I go there and it isn't at all and I haven't experienced not one bully. The teachers do not favor at all, and how are arts students ignored if we built a huge art building. Just for show?

Ensworth School