Nashville, TN

Harding Academy 4

Posted August 20, 2014
Teachers are warm, caring, and effective. The teaching method is traditional and a needs to be more "hands on". But I don't doubt that my kids are receiving a good education. The parents are very cliquey, though. Not good assimilation for new parents. Hard to fit it as a new family.

Posted April 08, 2014
Harding Academy is a warm, loving, age-appropriate but academically top-notch school. My two children went there for all 9 years and were extremely well-prepared and adjusted for high school. As of the date of this review, one is about to graduate from high school and the other is in college. The teaching staff works in a team effort and cross-curricular experiences are presented to the students throughout the grade levels. I have found that the teachers were well attuned to the students' welfare.

Harding Academy 1

Posted July 15, 2013
I was an adopted only child who went to Harding Academy many years ago, long before Nancy Verrier's book Primal Wound came out in 1993. Harding Academy did not know how to deal with an introverted adopted only child who was very nice to others but was always bullied and outcast. I had 6 years perfect attendance and made Honor Roll, was on the basketball team, won art contests, spelling contests, math quizzes, etc. and in 6th grade I hit puberty, and in retrospect I see the effects of what Nancy Verrier calls The Primal Wound in adoptees began to hurt me, I went into a major depression, my grades fell, my attendance was no longer perfect,and I dropped out of all activities, I was crying all the time, I needed special mental help because adoptees deal with The Primal Wound (google it) - proof is coming out that we need help. Not ONE teacher at Harding Academy noticed or cared. Harding Academy chose to ignore and not help an adopted only child. And to this day 30 years later I am still traumatized from how I was treated here and have lot the will to live.

Posted June 25, 2013
Could not be more pleased. "Nurturing" is the perfect word for this school. The arts programs here are outstanding and the academics are top notch. Athletics are available (many sports to choose from), but does not seem to be a primary focus of this school and that is OK with us. Public speaking and mentoring of younger students are parts of the curriculum, and they learn leadership from a young age. The teachers -- well, they clearly love their jobs, the school and the students. Students receive individualized attention allowing them to excel.

Posted April 13, 2013
We loved this school from the moment we set foot on campus. The teachers are amazing. The facilities are amazing. Out child has excelled in ways we never imagined possible. Her self confidence has improved and she loves Harding!

Harding Academy 2

Posted February 01, 2013
I went to Harding in the late 1970's. There was a huge discipline problem then. Headmaster and teachers allowed unacceptable behavior among students. Hopefully the school has reformed itself reformed itself.

Posted October 27, 2011
I currently have a daughter enrolled in Harding Academy and a son that graduated with the class of 2011. Our experience has been filled with committed and caring teachers that truly enjoy their students. Despite the differences in the academic prowess of my two children, both of them have been challenged to perform intellectually and spiritually. I am confident God placed my family in Memphis, Tennessee so that my children could grow and learn in the atmosphere of Harding Academy.

Posted July 30, 2007

Posted February 23, 2004
I have two sons, ages 23 and 30, who are Harding alums. They then went on to an excellent private high school and extremely selective colleges. As we look back we are even more grateful for the superb academic preparation they received at Harding. The environment at the school is nurturing and builds character and develops strong bonds amongst the students and their families. Initially it was a great financial sacrifice for the boys at attend but what a tremendous return we have received! There is simply not a better place for children K-8! I will always be a supporter of this school! Both boys live in New York but both want their children to have the opportunity to attend Harding someday!

Harding Academy