PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

NCS is giving a top notch education at a more affordable rate than anyone in Nashville.
May 23, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

NO! They let me get bullied regardless of my complaints!

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

I'm disabled and had 0 support with my 'learning differences'.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

No good examples to follow off of. All teachers and parents are in cliques as well as students.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Teachers will literally let students bully others with developmental delays or other disabilities. No one likes eachother here.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Some teachers will just let you play in class.

I went to Nashville Christian for Sophomore and Junior year. I had the worst possible experience at this school simply because I did not 'fit with the crowd'. These teachers and staff members are not equipped with the proper education or training to take care of a student's needs unless they're a normal child or if they're part of their LIFE program, which only caters to children who have autism and other developmental/mental delays. This was a huge problem for me, because they ignored the wishes of my mom to let my teachers know that I had a severe hearing issue. I had to make a scene in the middle of classes just to have my voice and needs heard. The staff also had a complete disregard for my mental health/wellbeing and would never offer to help me come up with a plan to make work up when I missed too many days due to severe depression. An example with the hearing issue is my first year. I had a teacher who sat me in the back of the classroom where I couldn't hear. I had to request that she move me and she gave me a weird look like I was talking crazy! And this woman is a doctor! They will also literally let you sit there and get bullied. I have also heard from other people who have attended NCS that they will completely disregard medical needs of their 'normal' children. One girl in my year had stomach surgery and couldn't wear a skirt because of the stitches. She got dress coded anyways. Aside from my hearing issue, the kids at NCS are extremely groupy. There are cliques within cliques which is not good. The only way your child will fit in is if they go with the majority, or if they go there for their entire life. It's why I didn't fit well there. I couldn't fit in at all because I had a wide range of interests, and also because I was quiet and everyone thought I was weird. Towards the end of Sophomore year and for all of Junior year, no one would speak to me at all unless it was schoolwork related. Some of the teachers, especially the bible teachers, are wonderful. I loved Mr. Tipps and Mr. Hines. They did so much to expand my outlook on the Christian lifestyle. I also had some really lousy teachers. I took Physics my Junior year and the teacher (who isnt employed there anymore) just sat there and talked the whole time instead of teaching. Tl;dr don't send your child here. My years at Nashville Christian were some of the saddest, most depressing times in my life that I will never ever have the chance to make better.

I have a child who graduated from NCS, and a child still attending. The,tuition is very affordable compared to other private schools in Nashville. I will be honest and say that if you enroll here, and are accepted by the "parent clique" you'll be fine. Maybe a little disappointed in the quality of a few teachers, but otherwise you'll like it. However, if you are not accepted by the "parent clique" it will be very difficult for you, and even more difficult for your child. My child who is currently still enrolled thinks they have friends there, yet no one ever invites them to anything outside of school. It's been this way for so long now I think they think that's normal. I've watched my child be told that they suck at everything. I've watched them be made fun of and bullied by kids whose parents are either teachers/coaches at the school, or part of the "parent clique." Nothing is ever done. My child finally stood up for themselves, and they got in trouble. I'm a Christian, and it's very important to me that my child go to school where they can be taught Christian values. I understand that being a Christian doesn't mean you're perfect. But the basic principle of human kindness just shouldn't be an issue at a Christian school. I've turned the other cheek for about as long as I can.

It is a caring school that meets the needs of all types of learners, from those who need to be challenged to those who need extra support.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted May 23, 2016

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at NCS are top notch. They push our children academically but are also quick to pick up on signs of a child struggling with a certain topic or assignment.

Last modified Nashville Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12