Posted December 16, 2014
This is our second year at NCS. I have a student in High School and in Middle School. Nashville Christian has given our children an opportunity to learn and grow not just in an academic setting, but spiritually, athletically, and through extra-curricular activities. We have seen first hand how teachers at NCS invest in our children s lives. The teachers, staff and coaches have all been supportive, encouraging, available, understanding and kind. I believe Nashville Christian will help prepare my kids for college and most importantly give them a foundation for helping and serving others.

Posted December 15, 2014
This is our first year at Nashville Christian. We moved from out of state and, as soon as we visited the school, we had no doubt that it was where we wanted to be. We were impressed with the curriculum and the focus on values and principles. But the thing that has stood out the most to us is the spirit. There is a joyfulness here that starts at the very top and pervades the entire place, all the way down to the kids and the parents. We have a kindergartner and a 4th grader and we'll be here until our kindergartner graduates high school.

Posted October 23, 2014
Brian Bishop and Jeff brothers are two people you want your child to stay away from. I have a 4th grader and a 6th grader and both of them had lower TCAP scores than when they went to Davidson county public schools. I confronted school staff about the education at this school via email and was ignored. It appears that this school focuses more on the athletic program more than the education. Both of my children were bullied at Nashville Christian School, when I spoke to the Staff team about this, they told me that they will deal with it. Nothing happened to the children bullying my kids and the bullying did not stop. I would not be surprised if this school was a for profit organization. My child will not be attending Nashville Christian School in the future.

Posted September 18, 2014
Jeff Brothers, and Brian Bishop are two people you never want to come into contact with. This school suppresses your child at every angle of outreach besides the monotonous tasks they force on your children. The "Christian" outlook of the school could not be more of a false statement. They focus solely on the athletic success of the school, and could quite honestly care less if your child succeeds. I am a student here, I've endured nearly every year of this hellish environment. The only reason I punish myself to enter these halls is because I have friends here that I have known my whole life. Trust me when I say this is not somewhere you want your child to be, to grow up at, academically, athletically, or even spiritually. Mediocre has never been a more appropriate word.

Nashville Christian School 4

Posted April 08, 2014
Nashville Christian is a WONDRFUL, family-friendly environent. We transferred from public school and have found everything at NCS that we were lacking in the public system. Small class sizes, a loving faculty, and teaching outside the traditional text book have all been encouraging and a breath of fresh air! School is fun again and there's no fight to get out of bed in the morning! Woo hoo! Is this a perfect school? Of course not! However, if you can find one that is, I would love to hear about it......because it doesn't exist. So, for my family, NCS is the best fit! My child is safe, educated, encouraged, and active. The opportunities available to all students through athletics, fine arts, and after school acitivities are awesome! Thank you, NCS, for providing an educational institution that supports my daughter, our family and most importantly - our faith! Go Eagles!

Posted March 24, 2014
Prospective parents or students should be aware of a new catch phrase in some of the classes. It is called "interactive journaling". Basically this means that you get no textbook for the subject, instead you child is given copies of worksheets that they must first assemble by cutting and pasting. Then they get to fill in the blanks with the answers, but the work is not checked for accuracy. Instead it is sent home for you to decode while you try to help your child study for the test. Ask to see an example when you visit. It is laughable.

Nashville Christian School 2

Posted January 05, 2014
Have been extremely disappointed the last few years. I have an elementary and middle school student. The elementary continues to be academically weak while the middle school contains teachers that Obviously doesn't care.

Posted September 24, 2013
The school's mission is to demonstrate the love of Christ. That is exactly what I have experienced through my children's classroom experiences at Nashville Christian. Dedicated, passionate, and loving teachers provide excellent educational opportunities for rigor and academic growth. Our family has been blessed by our experiences and would recommend Nashville Christian to anyone.

Posted February 13, 2013
This school is definitely all about the money! I enrolled my son(10th grade) in this school shortly before Christmas break as we had just moved to this side of town. After 2 weeks it became very apparent that he did not fit in and felt like an outcast. The students are very clicky and this is a very small school. But even worse, on his first day one of the teachers belittled him in front of the whole class for not knowing the curriculum he was teaching. When I went to withdraw my son they agreed that if he felt he didn't fit in he didn't need to be there. As I was leaving I was hit with "you are still responsible for the full years tuition", even though he only attended the school for 2 weeks! I had already paid them one third of the tuition when I enrolled him and now they wanted the other 2 thirds. I thought unbelievable!! How greedy and money hungry are these people??? I could understand if he had been there since the beginning of the school year, but this was 2 weeks in the middle of the year!! Think long and hard before you enroll your child at this school. If for some reason you find out this isn't the school for you and your child, you are stuck with the bill!!!

Posted February 04, 2013
I would like to reinterate what a previous reviewer said about the staff being right and you being wrong. This school is very clicky. The parents more so than the students. If you don't go to the right church and run in the same social circles as the chosen ones, then you will have a hard time and more importantly your child will have a hard time. The school leadership is not professional or helpful and does not have a clue on how to run a school. Teaching methods and materials are out dated and ineffective. Anytime they get a decent teacher they do not stick around long. If you question your childs progress or lack of progress then they are quick to put the blame on the child or you. I would not recommend this school to anyone wanting a quality education for their child. Word to the wise-check credentionals on anyone passing themselves off as a teacher.

Nashville Christian School
7555 Sawyer Brown Road, Nashville, TN  37221
Last modified Nashville Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Nashville Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top