PK-12|Private
1,316 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Despite the school being labeled Church of Christ, over half of the student body is not Church of Christ. I am not Church of Christ and I feel every comfortable at this school. I am involved in duel enrollment college courses at the university, sports, and chorus. This school gives me many options and the staff does everything they can to help me experience everything I want to. I have been going to this school for 4 years now (I came in the middle of 8th grade) and I have always felt welcome. The teachers will also work with you if you missed days and they come before school starts and stay after to be available to help if it is needed. The school also has a tutoring center where students can get individualized tutoring as well as a quiet place to take tests or study. Because Lipscomb Academy is connected to the University, the library at the university is also open to Academy students (so is the student center with all the different restaurants). The class size on average for my grade (I have the largest grade in the school) is 20 but I have a class with 7 people in it. Overall, I love this school and I would recommend it to anyone who isn't here.

I have two children at Lipscomb Academy, and I have been extremely impressed with this school. The teachers are very involved and care about the academic, social and spiritual development of all the children. The character building Lipscomb Academy has given my children is priceless. The school is a Church of Christ school, but it is very inclusive of all faiths and backgrounds. I would recommend this school to any parent who is searching for a place for their children to build strong character that will last a lifetime.

this school is not what I would consider a good place for a Christian environment.I was say it is designed mostly for the faculty of the college and Academy sons and daughter's to have dominion over children that arrive here from other schools.The campus is nice,but they have a selection of cliques that control the administration which is very destructive to the students by teaching them how to manipulate people through intimidation and discrimination.I am surprised by the lack of ethnic diversity here,the minority students seem to just take it and hold their tongues? I will be sending my student elsewhere for the remainder of her/his student career ad cant wait to leave .Very and un - Christian like, I pray for an intervention for this place.

What a despicable place!!! These people are piyful,I have seen parents buy influence here that is remarkable.Some children are held to the stricktest standards while others who smother certain teachers with gifts and such their kids get away with unbelievable behavior.certain Moms are substitute teachers, and to hear the language that they use in front of the other parents and children is shocking!. check them out good before transferring your child here. beware of this place.

TPAC's magazine said that Lipscomb Academy ("LA") is a school known for its academics - that is a joke. We have experience with Ensworth, FRA, USN, Percy Priest, Meigs, Hume Fogg, LA and numerous private schools and colleges in other cities. The good parts: There are a few good teachers and very nice staff, and good arts. However, the advertisements are untrue: there are not many AP classes, and an overplayed connection with the university. Narrow-minded and eccentric administration police off campus behavior as though it is happening in front of them, and take enormous offense. If you are a minority, don't know the Bible very well, or are not Republican, you will be rejected, and will be continuously put down for not being Republican. Families who are Church of Christ, donate money to the school, have been at the school for years, or are decent athletes have favored status, and are let off the hook for bullying and illegal activity. Anyone else is kicked out for any perceived infraction. Very pretty "mean girls" are not reprimanded; the veil of Christianity hides discrimination and retribution. LA will always be just average from medieval leadership, mindsets and dogma.

I've gone here for 3 years.... I've hated the experience. I've been struggling with faith and after going here found a different form of "Christian." The school made me feel watched all the time and policed. If your child is a very country, sports or Christian person he will enjoy LA, but I did not.

Lipscomb Academy has provided a wonderful academic experience for my child. He is challenged to meet his potential as a student, athlete, and as a Christian while feeling loved by those around him. The students appear to happy at Lipscomb, and the parents have been wonderful in welcoming us. I'm proud to be a Lipscomb parent!

Lipscomb Academy has been such a blessing to our family. The academics are tough, but there has been an intentional focus on balance for our son. He plays sports, was in the play, and still enjoys school. I can't recommend it highly enough to anyone that is looking for a well rounded education for their child.

We have been at Lipscomb for seven years. We have one child in the elementary school and two in the middle school. Our children enjoy school and love the learning experiences that Lipscomb provides. The teachers are the best around and they care about our children succeeding academically as well as spiritually. A child cannot leave Lipscomb without the confidence needed to excel in today's society.

My child is getting ready to finish her first year at Lipscomb Academy. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. As a result of the curriculum, great teachers and environment, my child has excelled beyond my expectation, both academically and spiritually. The environment at the school is very conducive for learning and expression, as well as inclusive of people from all backgrounds and faiths. The teachers truly care about the development of all the children and go above and beyond to make sure the children are excelling. I would recommend Lipscomb Academy to anyone who is searching for a place for their children to be loved and grow academically and spiritually.

Last modified Lipscomb Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12