Nashville, TN

Posted June 30, 2014
This school has markedly gone downhill in the last several years. I have been so shocked & disappointed.

Posted May 11, 2014
Oak Hill School has gone downhill. As a parent of longstanding, I can tell you that the current headmistress is by far the worst. She demands complete control, even to the point of getting rid of families by whom she feels threatened. The Board of Trust is cowed by her. She has run off longtime, beloved teachers. Many families have left. She promotes faculty and (overpaid) administration based on a willingness to do her bidding. We received a letter last week from their development director that the school has yet to meet its annual fund goal. Oak Hill buses students across the street to a public high school for sports.

The Oak Hill School 1

Posted April 17, 2014
Extreme lack of diversity among students and faculty. Christian environment not all that it preaches

Posted January 30, 2014
I am a current Oak Hill parent and could not be more happy with our experience. I have 2 children who attend and they both come hope each day sharing stories about their day. They are challenged in the classroom, lead by professionals who love them but have high expectations and the christian values that they are taught are second to none. It is still the same sweet place it has always been!

Posted January 30, 2014
Oak Hill School has an incredibly talented and dedicated faculty and staff, from the head of school to facility workers. Families are welcoming, and lifelong friendships are formed. Each employee is well chosen, hard working, and kind. The academics are challenging, and the loving Christian environment fosters independence and creativity. Children are taught public speaking skills at a young age and continue to home those skills throughout the 6th grade. Serving others and being a good citizen and community member are important aspects of an Oak Hill education. Each year the 6th graders prove what a fine finished product Oak Hill produces. Don't just take my word for it, go to an Open House, or better yet, schedule a tour with their outstanding admissions staff.

Posted January 28, 2014
Oak Hill School produces, by far, the most well-rounded students in Nashville. Because of the current Head's leadership and the school's amazing teachers, academic standards have been raised and the Christian environment has been celebrated and deepened. Also, the school is becoming more diverse, which I am glad to see the school paying close attention to! I cannot imagine our children being in a more nurturing and academically challenging environment.

Posted January 28, 2014
Oak Hill School is our families biggest blessing. We are so thankful to have found a place that our children are challenged academically and nurtured spiritually. The faculty and staff know and encourage each child as an individual. The academics are rigorous yet grade appropriate. This is reflected year after year in the schools strong test scores. More importantly, Oak Hill has a solid character curriculum that is woven seamlessly and intentionally into every day. I cannot say enough about the wonderful families that call OHS home. It is so reassuring to know that the other families share the same core values and beliefs as our home and are raising great kids. We are fortunate to have found such a special place to partner with us in raising well-rounded, well-balanced children. I know that Oak Hill is preparing them not only for their next academic step but is teaching them skills and values that will serve them well for the rest of their lives.

Posted May 21, 2013
The Oak Hill School has steadily improved its academic excellence in the past few years since the current head of school has taken over. We have been at the school for over 10 years and have experienced the leadership changes first hand. We are so pleased that the teachers are now collaborating on their curriculum between and across grades. The new head has made great strides to ensure excellence among the staff, and it has improved or weeded out those faculty that seemed satisfied with just being average. The increased focus on academic excellence has in no way affected the nurturing atmosphere and Christian character of the school. We have experienced an improved culture that is growing in diversity and acceptance. We are so pleased with the school's new direction and perspective. With gratitude for the current leadership, A parent

Posted May 01, 2013
OHS is losing 13 faculty members this year. The trajectory of the school has significantly changed since the hiring of the current head of school in 2009. Christian principles and culture are primarily noted only in specific classrooms. Leadership's management style is questionable for a healthy school. Many master teachers have left. Academic standards have declined in many areas, as has the sweet nature of the school. Hiring practices for classroom teachers appear to not align with the Christian school's stated mission statement. In my opinion, Oak Hill's value has declined in recent years if your primary consideration is academic excellence in a Christian environment.

Posted April 29, 2013
I am a former student. Oak Hill was an awful school. it seems as if they discourage advancement or any type of diversity. my mother also taught there.she quit after one year due to the poor leadership by the administration. I left for public school and it has been the best decision of my life as it has more so prepared me for the real world. the public school education has also given me the opportunity to exams and grow into the person I want to be as opposed to the person I am modeled into. it is a waste of money. the only thing positive are about half of the teachers.

The Oak Hill School