Posted September 23, 2014
My son has been here since Kindgergarten. We love everybody!! From the administration to Aftercare. There is no school like this.

Posted September 07, 2014
An amazing school! The teachers make sure that their students are really learning, and the students make everyone feel included. It almost feels like a second home to me, contrary to the comment about "little rich girls".

Posted April 13, 2014
USN has made my school experience a breeze. All of the teachers have amazing work ethic and care for all of the students. I feel supported and ready to take on anything that adulthood has to offer. My amazing time at USN will always be special to me, the amazing classes they have to offer as well as the opportunities in Arts, Academics, and Athletics put the cherry on top. Thank you USN!!

Posted November 10, 2011
I am a USN alumnus and my experience at USN was nothing but positive! I highly recommend this institution! While I found the academics in high-school to be quite challenging, I also had teachers who helped me at every turn. One of my math teachers met with me every day after school for many months to help me better understand the lessons we were covering. This above and beyond attention to students is a cornerstone of the school. USN also has a very strong arts program that allowed me to tap into my creative side which I have parlayed into a career. I was taught to think for myself and shown that every individual is unique and valuable. I credit USN, its staff, and the friends I made there for shaping me into an independent and well educated adult I have become. As a note on the below comment, while I am very sorry to hear your child is being bullied, I think it is out of line to say the administration is letting little rich girls get away with it because it is a tuition based program. I never found the administration/teachers treated me or any other student differently based on the percentage of tuition paid out of pocket.

University School Of Nashville 1

Posted August 25, 2011
Disgraceful bullying situations in this school which are swept under the carpet by administration. The wealthy students allowed to bullyother students because it is a tuition based program and the school allows these rich little girls to leave notes in lockers bullying others with no repercussions. Parents turn the other cheek and don't bother to even acknowledge their child is doing something wrong. ANTI DEFAMATION league should be contacted as well as reported to police authorities if USN won't deal with it.

University School Of Nashville 0

Posted November 04, 2009
Every teacher is excellent and devoted, spectacular art/theater/music programs, culturally diverse, the headmaster is involved and enthusiastic, I cannot imagine a more positive, supportive, energizing atmosphere for the students. USN makes me wish I could start over and go there!

Posted September 29, 2009

Posted February 11, 2009
I am a graduate of USN and a current freshmen in college. In my opinion USN is one of the top schools in Nashville and in Tennessee for that matter. It is a very challenging school, and I struggled significantly my junior year in high school. Even though it was a very difficult year for me, all of my teachers really worked with me to make sure that I did not fall though the cracks. In fact, one of my teachers, who was also the swim coach, saw me slipping and would not allow me to compete or come to practice until I had caught up in all of my classes. I was so mad at the time, but looking back I realize how lucky I was to be surrounded by teachers who cared about me and my success.

Posted November 04, 2008
I too am a USN alum and current college student, and I couldn't have had a better experience. I think the school's most standout feature is its faculty; not only are they generally excellent teachers, they are also eager to interact with the students on a personal level and often support them in their athletic, artistic, or otherwise extra-curricular pursuits. Looking back, I think the most important thing I learned from USN was the value of independent thinking. I find that in general, USN students have a strong sense of self and a genuine interest in learning.

University School Of Nashville 4

Posted December 04, 2007
As a graduate of USN and a current college student, I have to say that I am extremely grateful for the education USN provided. Not only was college an easy transition academically, but I also discovered that USN had prepared me in many ways that the high schools my current college classmates attended did not - I credit USN with teaching me valuable time management skills, to use the resources my school provides, to take the opportunity to e-mail and visit professors in office hours when I have questions, etc. I do feel that the high school administration could be stronger and that those students who choose to attend USN only for high school (as I did) could be included a little bit better than they are, but I believe that my experiences were the result of a bad group of people in my particular class and not the fault of the school.

University School Of Nashville
2000 Edgehill Avenue, Nashville, TN  37212
Last modified University School Of Nashville is a Private school that serves grades K-12
University School Of Nashville Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top