No rating

Ezell-Harding Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 52 students

Posted March 4, 2014

Absolutely the best school in Nashville. We were initially drawn there because of their academics. We had heard many alumni talk about how easy their college experience was, and we were also pointed to the success of their Quiz Bowl teams - they won the state championship last year and we just saw they won "Quizbusters" by beating USN and Hume-Fogg, both schools known for their elite academics. Ezell's ACT scores are extremely strong. But, what we have loved the most with our two elementary aged children is just how much like a family the school is. A high school student's parent passed away this year, and the support that was shown to this family was just overwhelming. They invite parents to their chapels. We were invited to a "coffee and conversation" with the administration - I think all parents are. I really believe that the school has not only enrolled my children, but they have adopted our family. I just cannot say enough good things about our experience here. Both of our children are reading well above grade level and are constantly being challenged. I would put Ezell's academic program up against anyone's in Nashville.

Posted January 23, 2014

Removing my child from this school was the best thing I ever did. You are nothing more than a check in the mail to this school. If you have extenuating circumstances arise- do not count on them to assist in any way. My tuition was a waste of money as when my child transferred to PUBLIC school we found out they were behind in their classes.

Posted December 3, 2013

We moved to Nashville in 2012. We wanted a private school that had top-tier academics, athletics that our daughter could one day be a part of, and was affordable. We were attracted to Ensworth and BA, but couldn't afford the high tuition. You need to know that Ezell-Harding is the same caliber school as Ensworth and BA in every area except Sports and Fine Arts, but we only pay $7500 per year to send her there. At a fraction of the cost, we can afford to pay for private music instruction. Seriously, the cost of this school has to be at least $4000 less than what it is worth having our child there. Their website could be a little better, but they have an active facebook page that keeps us updated with events on campus.

Posted November 7, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Ezell-Harding! I have a child there in first grade and a child in their PreK program. Both of them love it and have excelled academically and socially. The teachers are so very caring. I am so glad there is a place like Ezell. Ezell is known for their superior academics- consistently high ACT scores- much higher than the national average, national merit scholars every year etc... I look forward to what my children will do at this school and beyond. If you are thinking about a private Christian school with excellent academics and an affordable tuition, this is the place.

Posted November 6, 2013

I have nothing but great things to say about this school. My daughter has attended Ezell since the 5th grade. I have found the staff helpful and my child challenged academically. The curriculum is great if your child is planning on attending college. I have been impressed with the education my child has received here compared to other more expensice schoold. I also enjoy knowing that my child can pray after a game with her peers and the small community of students and staff makes for a family atmosphere

Posted September 30, 2013

My son attended Ezell Harding for 9 years. As he progressed in grades I noticed the teacher involvement became less and less. There was way too much drama in the administration. Teachers leave faster than the kids do at 3:00. If your child is struggling in a subject the teachers don't reach out to you, you have to reach out to them. As a parent I spoke with the Principal and my son's teachers about these concerns. Unfortunately the same thing occurred the following year. Would I recommend Ezell to anyone, NO!!! Lack of engagement by the teachers is a huge problem that either they do not know how to address or simply do not care to address. Either way, I realized after many students left at the end of 2013, their reasons were the same as mine. If I'm paying you to educate my child, please give me something worthwhile that I can say I'm getting my money's worth.

Posted September 19, 2013

I am in the 8th grade and have gone to Ezell Harding since Pre- Kindergarten and things are great! The teachers really love God and love their students! I love going to Ezell Harding!

Posted September 19, 2013

Ezell is fun. They have great teachers and students. I love ezell. They have excellent sports! They are number one in middle school soccer right now. They beat lipscomb for the first time in 17 years. They have a good golf team also! I love Ezell Harding Christian School!

Posted August 4, 2012

Ezell Harding Has gone down in the past few years. The staff only pays attention to certain students and will ignore some of the not-so-popular kids. If I could give less than one star, I would. This school understands education but downplays the value of getting along with others. I went to Ezell for 14 years. I do not want any contact with this school. They need to reevaluate their faculty. Now Ezell is so focused on sports that art and music have been thrown into the dirt. The band went from a great award winning group to a small group of players with a director that didn't care. All lot of faculty members just want to teach the class and be done with it. Only a few others are willing to help students beyond the classroom. The rest just socialize with students. I would not recommend this school to anyone. It is a hot zone of psychological warfare coming from both students and staff.

Posted May 8, 2012

As we near the end of our fourth year at Ezell Harding, we realize how fortunate we are that our children attend such a wonderful school. Ezell Harding is blessed with strong leadership, excellent teachers and challenging academic programs. Our children are challenged and encouraged to reach their full potential. And as parents we are treated like partners, not outsiders.

Posted April 5, 2012

I have worked at Ezell Harding for 21/2 years now, but I have been a parent of students at Ezell longer. Our boys started school at Ezell in kindergarten and they are now freshman in high school. We are very pleased with the academics and the education our sons are receiving at Ezell Harding. I feel that they will be well prepared for college and their future. We love Ezell Harding both as a staff member and a parent!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 8, 2012

Ezell-Harding used to be a great school when they actually focused on a Christian Education. Now it is nased on Money and materialism. As a former student, I would not recommend this school. If you want to attend based on pure education, it is worth it; however, if you want to attend a Church of Christ School that is loyal to their staff and students, i would suggest Middle Tennessee Christian.

Posted March 7, 2012

I have involved with Ezell since the early 90s and have seen a dramatic improvement in the school in the last few years. The grounds are lovely, the president is at every sporting event, parents are encouraged to be involved and the student body is diverse and very kind. I feel that is a great learning environment with an incredible, attentive and Godly staff.

Posted March 6, 2012

Ezell Harding has an excellent academic program with an emphasis on Christian development. We are pleased with the growth in leadership which promotes parent involvement, diversity, and open communication. Our child has excelled in academics, socially, spiritually, and in athletics. We pray that the Ezell continues to build our youth both academically and spiritually.

Posted March 6, 2012

Ezell is an amazing school that puts God and academics as priorities in their program. I have children that have been attending since 1997 - one is now an engineer and the other is in law school. With a new principal and emphasis on active PTO involvement, once-neglected areas of technology and community involvement have been dramatically improved.

Posted February 13, 2012

The school has great academics for the most part. However, if you have a problem, the administration automatically reduces your complaint to an annoyance and you (the reporter) become the problem. This is particularly true when you have a complaint about a coach/teacher. The school tends to favor those who are members of the Church of Christ as employees. No diversity in the administration, teaching or coaching ranks.

Posted January 6, 2012

While no school is perfect, Ezell-Harding Christian School is indeed an excellent school. I am not only a current parent of two (soon to be three) Ezell-Harding students, but my wife and I are both graduates of the school as well. Ezell-Harding prepared both of us well for college, provided us with a warm, nurturing Christian environment, and encouraged us to be life-long learners. We are confident that Ezell-Harding will do the same for our children.

Posted August 8, 2011

The Christian word should be taken out ot the name of this school, it's anything but Christian. My daughter went to this school PreK through part of 5th grade she was pushed, ignored, bullied by the other students and this was at the 1st grade level! Each year we would think it would get better it only got worse. The teachers/staff could care less it's all on who you are that they care about. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted July 22, 2011

As a Christian father I sent my son to EHCS hoping for us to bond together. What happened was a nightmare and travesty. I was humiliated by the students to the point of destroying my relationship with my son. Our relationship may never be healed. If you don't think peer pressure is important at that age, think again, it is! I hope ECHS does something to prevent this from happening to some other parent: Like closer supervision of the students by the staff; teaching the students to respect their elders, teaching the students to show compassion to those who are different from themselves. The irony of it all was that the reason for the students degrading me in the first place was all a misunderstanding!

Posted April 28, 2010

My son has attended EHCS the last 2 years for K and 1st grade. We are extremely happy with the education, teachers, facilities, and families there. We hopefully have found a school our son can graduate from. Anywhere you go there is going to be issues and complaints. No school is perfect but this school is very well rounded and well priced.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Church of christ
Associations
  • NCSA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

Po Box 1209