9-12|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter was enrolled at Ravenwood to start the 2014 school year but we decided to visit St. Cecilia Academy based on a friends recommendation at the end of her 8th grade year. After spending an hour and a half touring the school, meeting with the Dean of Academics, the Principal and Director of Admissions and walking into about 5 different classrooms with smiling and welcoming girls and teachers - our attitude about going to an all girl Catholic high school was cemented. My daughter and I reached our car without a word and as soon as the doors closed we looked at each other and she said,"I REALLY want to go there!" It is only November and the growth we've seen in our daughter, spiritually, academically and socially is unbelievable! There is something very special going on at this school.

I'm a graduate of St. Cecilia, a practicing attorney in the Nashville area and did not grow up Catholic. This school is a wonderful gem of a school for young women who are interested in getting a great education, and making friendships of a lifetime. There are a host of activities for girls who aren't athletic and quirky like I was. The sisters all care very much about the students and don't push Catholicism on the non-Catholics. Every race and socio-economic group is represented and many students receive financial aid. If you're looking to escape the pretentious nature of some of the other private schools, this is the place for your family.

We have a freshman at the school and, so far, we love it. Our daughter is very driven academically. She has been pleased to find academic rigor on par with what she perceived was available at other competitor schools. As a parent, i love having the school as focused on the girls finding joy as well as good grades and high SATs. In a world where girls are bombarded with conflicting messages, St Cecilia Academy offers a home base for considering one's goals, dreams, likes and dislikes-indeed, they are helpiing our daughter form a personal philosophy to live by while teaching her all the science and math and English she can absorb. It's a great balance. The community is wonderful and a real reflection of the Nashville community inside the Davidson County boundaries and beyond.

Saint Cecilia not only provides an incredible basis for education, the staff does an excellent job at getting to know their students. As a former student there, I could honestly say that SCA provided me with an education that adequately prepared me for the outside world, relationships that gave me confidence and life long friends, and a sisterhood of students.

I am halfway through my first year at St. Cecilia and couldnt be happier. The school is welcoming and inviting, and I know every girl in my grade. The couh ses really push you to your potential, and everyone wants you to succeed. This really is a great school!

As a former student, I value the education I received at St. Cecilia, and use it every day. The staff is so caring, and will work with you outside of class to make sure you truly grasp the taught concepts. The curriculum is challenging, but prepares each student well; my first year of college was a breeze.

an amazing school! although there are restrictions because the sisters are stringent, you can really find yourself at SCA and explore more then just the superfically norms that most highschool students are acustom too. You have a chance to find yourself because you dont have to conform to the clicks or the other pety high school drama. I went there and even though I disagreed with the religious aspects, I found that I could explore a deeper meaning to life and search for my own truth. Also there are benefits to going to an all girls school.

I am a freshman at SCA and cannot imagine myself anywhere else. The courses are plentiful and extremely challenging. I have already signed up for 5 clubs and am playing on a varsity sport. The opportunities at SCA are endless...the Sisters are sooo sweet, the classes are really hard, and the faculty consists of people that want you to succeed. I can go in for help at anytime and the teacher will stay with me for however long I need her to. Also, going to an all girls school means there are no distractions. I know that if I push myself hard at SCA, I can go anywhere in life.

Last modified St Cecilia Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12