PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have attended Overbrook for nine fantastic years. When you become a junior high student at Overbrook(6th-8th grade) you have the ability to choose between taking Latin or Spanish and the choice of taking band, hand bells, or choir. There are no cliques at Overbrook making it a friendly environment for everyone. Overbrook is a small school which allows you to know everyone in your grade and most of the students in the other grades too. I am proud to say that I am best friends with everyone in my grade and everyone in my grade is happy. Overbrook makes going to school fun and knowing that you are going to learn something new everyday. The teachers challenge their students but also guide them when help is needed. All the junior high teachers are funny, caring, diligent, and very intelligent. They all love teaching us and all the students love being taught by them. Overbrook has a various number of clubs and extracurricular activites that are a lot of fun. I love going to a Catholic school because my faith is very important to me. My 8th grade year couldn't be better and I am going to miss this school so much next year but Overbrook has prepared me for high school.

I went to Overbrook for 10 years and I have developed many friendships there and a strong Catholic education. Overbrook is by far the best Catholic elementary/middle school in Nashville. THE TEACHERS are fantastic. If you were to ask me who my top 3 favorite teachers were I wouldn't be able to answer because I would have to say at least 10. The best part about the teachers is that they are all very intelligent, kind, and have a great sense of humor. There has been only one bullying problem that I have heard of through my years at Overbrook and once it was caught to a teacher's attention it was stopped. I love how Overbrook is such a small school and I only had 25 people in my entire 8th grade when I went there, which makes us become closer like a family. I absolutely 100% recommend Overbrook to anyone and everyone.

Very stimulating academic program - but , maybe just as important, they are also truly preparing children for the next steps to hiigh school and beyond. My child is more organized and thoughtful about the details than I would have expected at this age. The children at Overbrook are incredibly well mannered and caring toward others. We are not Catholic, but the community welcomed us with open arms. This is a great education.

An amazing place to work in collaboration with highly talented teachers. Very strong academics with respect for the development of the whole person.

Academically rigorous, at a price less than comparable private schools; we are very pleased with our child's experience. Also, the Nashville Dominicans are fantastic and we have been very pleased with the sisters my child has interacted with at Overbrook.

Last modified Overbrook School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8