Posted March 18, 2014
We just moved to the Nashville area the first of the year. In doing so, we transferred our two boys from an out-of-state Christian school to Lighthouse in the middle of the year. As a parent I was a little apprehensive, considering one of our sons is a second semester senior. Our move and subsequent transfer could not have gone any better. Just last week during family worship time, we reflected on how God has led us and blessed us with this relocation. Both boys indicated that one of those big blessings was being part of Lighthouse Christian. My oldest son commented that he wasn't initially thrilled about the move but is so glad that the Lord brought us here so that they could be a part of the Lighthouse family. The administration, teachers, and staff have been extremely accommodating. It is evident to see that they care for our boys through their encouragement. The students quickly included the boys into the fold. Communication from the school has been extraordinary. We love the fact that stepping out in faith brought us to LCS. We give God all of the glory and the honor and the praise for what He has done and for what He will do through Lighthouse Christian School.

Posted January 13, 2014
My daughter is currently a senior at Lighthouse Christian. She has attended this school her entire educational life. As a parent and school teacher as well, I truly love everything about the school. My daughter has had excellent teachers, coaches, and administrators since day one. My family and I are beyond pleased with the teaching and learning that is going on there. My daughter was accepted to her dream school, Vanderbilt University, and we owe our gratitude to the entire faculty there. They have been an inspiration to my entire family. My daughter has always had good relationships with everyone there and their doors have always been opened for her. I will truly say Lighthouse Christian is the way to go! We have been so blessed to have been a part of the family there. We couldn't have asked for anything better!

Lighthouse Christian School 4

Posted July 20, 2013
The one star review stating the child could not get into college with a LCS diploma is not accurate. I graduated from LCS and received a full scholarship at MTSU. I also had my application to Vanderbilt accepted but could not attend because of the high cost of tuition. I have kids at LCS now, attended the graduation in May, and know that the majority of 2013's graduates are heading on to area colleges and universities.

Lighthouse Christian School 1

Posted May 31, 2013
Lighthouse Christian School - My child graduated from here with honors, but then couldn't get into any college other than a community college. The accreditation is not one that Universities or legitimate colleges will accept. My son had to get his GED to go to Vanderbilt. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL

Posted January 21, 2013
My daughter has attended LCS since the 6th grade and is now a graduating Senior. Over these 7 years I have observed steady improvements and systematic progress toward excellence at Lighthouse. I have found that the attitude of Lighthouse teachers and staff is one of unconditional love. Their mindset is more that of a mission ~ than a paying job. Some private schools are privileged to take only the cream of the crop and this attitude may be reflected by the staff. Likewise, few private schools bother to serve students who need special support, and Lighthouse has been exemplary in offering a dedicated service that provides support for an IEP (individual education plan). I have been amazed each and every year at the cooperative spirit between teachers and staff to accommodate the needs of our daughter. This is played out as love, patience, and an extraordinary ability and willingness to work outside their routine. We are grateful that our daughter could be educated in such a God-centered environment.

Lighthouse Christian School 1

Posted September 13, 2012
I am currently going to LCS and I am extremely dissatissfied with it. The M/S H/S section of LCS has major problems, mainly, the administration and certain teachers. Some teachers are know to exibit discrimination agaist students and givve unfair punishments. The only reason that I remain at LCS is that I have some good friends there, but if they were not there, I would be gone in a heartbeat. Ever since the Extreme Makeover Home Edition preschool came along, all the administration talks about is money, money, money. The school had lost its Christian character and is fast slipping away. I constantly see and hear things said or done by both the faculty and peers that are totally innappropriate or just plain mean. The Bible curriculum is being taught by teachers,of whom the majority should not be teaching at all, that sway and add to the meanings of the Bible. It makes me sad to see this formerly amazing, godly school slipping into an unhealthy atmosphere.

Posted January 08, 2012
I have rated this school as excellent because my daughter matriculated through the pre-K 3 year wonderfully. She received exactly what I wanted for her - which was to be in an environment where she would be treated, with love and taught in love! Ms Jessica is awesome! I will always remember her, her dedication to her class and her commitment to supporting parent(s) who believe that instilling sound Christian values in children is top priority!

Posted December 05, 2011
My son has been attending Lighthouse since PreK5 and he is now in the 1st grade. I love this school! As a single parent and Christian, Lighthouse helps reinforce what my son learns at home. He is way more advance then his friends that attend public school. Their curriculum is a little more advance then public school as well. Since the flood of May 2010 they are increased in classroom yet each child still gets great attention. God has truly blessed this school with great leadership and I am proud to be a parent of a Lighthouse Lion!!!

Lighthouse Christian School 2

Posted May 18, 2011
As with any business, and yes, a private school is a business since parents' pay tuition, strong leadership must come from the top down. Unfortunately, LCS is run like a family-owned business. The headmaster is charismatic, but lacks the grit to tackle a severe problem in the school: bullying. Worst still is that his own children are major players in the situation, and it isn't dealt with. The principals in each area: elementary, middle, and high school are dedicated and talented. Sadly, there is more attention focused on students' length of uniforms than on Godly character. Our hope, a few years' back, was that this was a place where we could plant roots. That has not been the case. Biggest lesson learned? Just because children go to a Christian school doesn't mean they live in Christian homes. My child was exposed to things he was not ready for. There are some angry, vicious children at this school--that isn't LCS' fault, but it is their responsibility to manage it and they have not.

Posted April 18, 2011
LCS is a great school. Teachers work hard to meet the individual needs of each student. Excellent communication from staff. When concerns or issues are raised, teachers and administration work hard to address areas. Staff shows love and patience to students, and is willing to work with parents to meet the needs of all students. My child has some learning challenges, and the teachers and support staff have been very helpful in addressing the needs and putting a plan in place to see him succeed. This is an awesome school that teaches God's word, and prepares the students academically for life. I would highly recommend it.

Lighthouse Christian School
5100 Blue Hole Road, Nashville, TN  37013
Last modified Lighthouse Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lighthouse Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top