No rating

Davidson Academy

Private | K-5, 8-12 | 158 students

Living in Nashville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $80,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Posted July 30, 2014

Davidson Academy provides a superior level of education and offers an outstanding curriculum. The students are offered several opportunities and I'm beyond proud of their achievement done so far since attending Davidson Academy.

Posted March 17, 2014

I'm currently a freshman at Emory University, and I know for sure that I wouldn't be where I am had I not attended DA. I went there from kindergarten until I graduated last May, and I can honestly say I had the best time. I really feel that Davidson prepared me to attend a top 20 university.

Posted March 9, 2014

My daughter has been enrolled in Davidson for several years. During the past two years I have been extremely disappointed with the caliber of education and the bullying tactics of the principal. My daughter has been singled out in class and in the hallway and humiliated by the principal. My daughter and others have had numerous negative comments made her ability and her grades. It is very clear that money talks at Davidson Academy.

Posted January 3, 2014

This review is from a student. I attended DA for the first semester of my sophomore year. The teachers did not particularly care about the students or our education, mostly giving out worksheets without going over the material. I am transferring after Christmas due to the lack of teacher involvement and the students. The students here are some of the most spoiled, entitled, and mean children I have ever met. DA was a toxic environment in which my younger sister (who is in eighth grade) was called a misfit and made fun of many times. Chapels consisted of the chaplain yelling at us for about forty-five minutes, with a few Bible verses slung in. PLEASE - do not send your children here without shadowing. When my parents and I toured, we were sold something completely different than what the school actually was.

Posted November 11, 2013

Sending our kids to Davidson Academy has been a wonderful experience. They are getting a well-rounded education and really care for the families as well.

Posted September 20, 2013

DA is not the school for any child that struggles in any subject. My son attended DA for only 3weeks. From the very beginning we were told the teachers were patient and were more than willing to provide extra assistance. This was not the case! Teachers teach the lessons with little or no instruction. Some even teach without a book with only written hand outs for assignments. DA only teaches one way with the philosophy that all children should look and learn the same way. We made the decision to remove our child from this uncaring setting. He is now thriving in another private school that really cares and realizes that all children don't learn the same.

Posted August 20, 2013

Compared to our previous private school experience, Davidson Academy faculty and student body is much more friendly. Also, comparing the achievements of DA students with those students at other private institutions, Davidson Academy rivals anyone in excellence.

Posted July 1, 2013

Our children's spiritual growth has soared since they have been attending Davidson Academy. They have worked very hard with them to provide, courses, chapel, and service opportunities which is great.

Posted June 11, 2013

Our child was not performing well at another private school, and that's when we toured Davidson Academy. We instantly felt welcomed when we walked in the door. We really felt this private education would be an excellent change for our daughter and we highly recommend DA.

Posted May 8, 2013

I assure you that Davidson Academy will provide your student an excellent academic environment with a strong Christian worldview. The faculty is unparalleled in experience and capability. Everyone at Davidson Academy cares about students as individuals and about preparing them for the future.

Posted February 8, 2013

My children have been at this school for 6 years now. It has always been a struggle to afford it but felt it was worth it. Every year tuition goes up and I just can't afford it any longer. Unfortunately, the older the kids get, the more apparent it is your children will get ahead in direct connection with how much money you donate to the school. It is very upsetting to see how they dance for the big money, and almost ignore others. At any time a child shows any signs of trouble keeping up with the advanced studies, they seem to help, but if it proves to be a real challenge, they basically tell you this may not be the school for that kid. They are so worried about their test scores and make it seem like they don't want to spend time on kids who might lower them. They want to dress them all alike and for them to act alike, but kids are different personalities and if your kid doesn't "fit in", they will make it easy for you to find the door.

Posted July 10, 2012

We have been attending Davidson Academy since 2003. They have exceeded our expectations and provided and enviornment that is not only challenging, cutting edge and academically rigorous, but one that is safe and nuturing. The lead with Christian ideals and focus on not only the academic progress of each child but their emotional and spiritual development. They are constantly updating their resources to provide the cutting edge technology for both their students and teachers. We cna not say enough about the positive experiences we have had at Davidson Academy. It is truly the leader in the private school sector.

Posted August 30, 2011

Our son LOVES this school. He is at the top of his class and is consistantly being challenged and encouraged to be great. He is artistically motivated as well. After researching all the schools in the area I have not seen Davidson as having anything close to the behaviour problems found in the other schools. The students are friendly, helpfull, and well behaved.

Posted August 22, 2011

My child went to this school for 2 years. He was bullied pretty bad by a child of a "high dollar" parent. He was pushed down called names and scared to go to school. We talked to the Principal and nothing was ever done about it. My child who was only 4 said this child was throwing rocks in his face at the play ground. I asked the teachers and they told me this never happend. I decided to watch the playground time myself in my car and sure enough it was happening. The teachers did not see it because they were too busy talking with other teachers. I pulled my child from this school. I am so thankful he is out of there. Three of our friends have left as well for the same reason. Bullying happens all the time in this school and they will do nothing about it if you donate extra money to them!

Posted July 24, 2011

We have been at Davidson Academy since 1994. The lower school excells in academics, and christian values. Our oldest chose to leave the upper school because of the lack of performing arts instruction and music. If your child has being a music major or theater major as their dream, this may not be the place for you. If your child is athletic it is a great, positive envioriment. Former Tennesse TItan Blaine Bishop helps coach or Varsity football team. The dance program at DA is awsome, and starts at K3 and goes to your Senior year. Our second child is in the upper school now, for the most part she is happy. We are happy as parents with her eduction and the education opportunities. You have to pluse of the teachers knowing your child, and working with them one on one as much as needed to help them suceed. Of course there are snobs and jerks, and ungrateful kids, but te ones I see are a product of their parents giving in to their every whim, heavan forbid you have rules. But this is in EVERY high school in America. We can not hold a school, church responsible for our chillds behavior, good or bad. It is the parents resoponsibility to teach them humility and grace.

Posted March 8, 2011

We have been at DA since K4 and my child is now a Sophomore. The teachers and adminstrators are, for the most part, wonderful. They are very approachable and work with the students and parents in a helpful way. The school offers challenging classes and their seniors are granted many scholarship dollars every year. When we came to DA everyone seemed to be working upper middle class people, just like us, who were working hard and sacrificing some to have their children in a good, safe, private school. That has certainly changed in the High School, now most of the students are snooby and can't even be happy for the things {cars, shoes, fancy jeans, boyfriends, trips} their "friends" have because they are so jealous of one another and afraid they might not have something as good as the next person. It's terrible and actually my child has asked to leave for their Jr and Sr year so they can go to school without all the drama, jealousy and back biting they endure each and every day at DA. It's really sad because this school has a lot to offer and all of the kids here are very blessed in many ways. Students here need to be taught to embrace one another and not be envious of others.

Posted February 8, 2011

EXCELLENT Academics. Integrated character development throughout the entire school. I have two children who went here. One was in the honors program and the other was not. One played football the other was involved in art and music. Both received scholarships and they actually thought their 1st year of college was easy compared to DA. One received a J.D. the other received his MBA. Both of them plan on sending their kids to DA too. The teachers here just really care about the students and it comes through in everything they do.

Posted December 10, 2010

The review from the student is mostly true. Everything is centered around sports. If your child is artistic in ANY way, please do not send them here. Abilities other than athleticism aren't given any other recognition at this school. Although, in the upper grades, teachers do their best to help students in any way possible. Also, some classes can be quite challenging.

Posted November 30, 2009

My child was at another private school in the Montgomery county area(TN) and was not challenged academically at all. At The Davidson Academy my child has gotten a top-notch education. My child is challenged on all levels---socially , academically, and spiritually. My child has excelled beautifully at this school and their encouraging enviroment. I have been so so pleased with my child's education here!!! The academics at this school will enable any student attending this school to achieve their highest goals in life. Also, the principal is a wonderful leader for the school. He is so positive and easy to talk with. It has been so nice to have a head of school that actually converses on a regular basis with the parents and students. The students are taught to respect each other and just the simple acts of kindness in life towards others. I cannot say enough great things about this school.

Posted February 12, 2009

We love DA! Our son is exceling in school and is becoming more accountable and organized with his work. It is truly a Christian environment. I feel very confident that he will be fully prepared for college.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 2%

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:00
School end time
  • 3:00
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • (615) 868-7918

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Video / Film production

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Strong parent volunteer and involvement program