PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 25, 2015
He loves all of his teachers. There is not one teacher that he does not adore. I have been in contact with most of them at one time or another and they are open to communication and to answer any questions or concerns. I feel they are focused on what is the best way to teach each student individually, as well as the group as a whole.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted November 25, 2015
Last year was a transition year for us and I felt the amount of homework was excessive, but that also came from a place of having no homework at his previous school. I still think it is excessive but it has taught him to use his classroom time more wisely and diligently to get his work completed before coming home. I think if they would add a study hall period back into the schedule, it would help tremendously.

Posted November 25, 2015
My son is in 5th grade and is in his second year at DA. We could not be happier. I will admit that the first quarter was a bit overwhelming because of the added workload but the teachers and staff were so supportive that he acclimated to it quickly. There has not been a day that goes by that he says he does not want to go to school at DA. They have helped him not only learn but grow more independent. The plays/productions they produce are incredible. He never would have had that where he was before. I am so happy we made the move.

Posted July 13, 2015
I went in a skeptic a year ago, but as we begin to enter our second year I am very happy with our decision to send our son to DA. The school is only as good as the teachers, and the ones I have gotten to know this year are outstanding. They really love to teach and it shows. I feel like my son is getting a much better foundation than he would in our local public school.

Posted April 17, 2015
We found everything we were looking for at Davidson Academy. We are very thankful that our children are there and they are very happy. They love it!

Posted March 10, 2015
The teachers are some of the best I've ever had contact with, and the Administration - from top to bottom - cares about your child and I've never been refused a meeting with anyone in Administration as most have an "open door" policy and are welcoming you in. DA is the place to be!

Posted March 06, 2015
Davidson Academy is a welcoming environment with teachers who care deeply for the students, allowing them to build upon their strengths, while introducing them to new challenges and experiences. The school pride and fellowship is the best I have seen.

Posted March 06, 2015
In my child's word, Davidson Academy is "awesome." It's a family oriented, small Christian community that provides an exceptional educational environment. The faculty members are very welcoming and are willing to help you or your child at anytime.

Posted November 12, 2014
If you are looking for a great Christian school with teachers that care and a curriculum that's fulfilling, check out DA.

Posted July 30, 2014
Davidson Academy provides a superior level of education and offers an outstanding curriculum. The students are offered several opportunities and I'm beyond proud of their achievement done so far since attending Davidson Academy.

1414 W. Old Hickory Blvd, Nashville, TN  37207