No rating

Franklin Road Academy

Private | PK-12 | 817 students

Student diversity

Living in Nashville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $273,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted March 15, 2014

I absolutely adore this school!!! It has an AMAZING Vocal Program for all students in the middle school section. They have great plays, teach good Christian values at morning announcements, and love their students! We get special speakers like once a famous baseball player, a guy who was represented in a movie, a band, etc. The have Mathletes, too! For kids who are advanced, sadly they don't gave a gifted program. Sometimes they go to slow on the things you do know, too fast on the things you do know, sometimes. They have tutoring through after school, thankfully. They have great awards for the best grades after every quarter. Overall, it's a great school. It's a little expensive since it is a private school, but a pretty good school!!!! For advanced kids, it gets harder every year. They let you bring iPads to school, though!!!! They have uniforms, but the iPads are so fun!!!!

Posted March 15, 2014

It has a great sports program!!!!!! I enjoy bringing iPads to school, too since it is a private school! A little but on the expensive side, but it is more for your buck!!!

Posted January 2, 2014

We've been at FRA for 7 years. We are thankful for the teachers, deans, assistant deans, coaches and faculty. They love our children. They encourage them to be their best and follow their talents. The "balanced road" approach offers many opportunities for the kids to learn and grow. ASPIRE and Philanthropic Studies is rare. Few schools in the nation offer programs like these. Another big plus is FRA is a nondenominational Christian school. More parents are becoming involved with the new Parent Association. The PA is working hard and it is noticed.

Posted January 2, 2014

Love every bit of it! They're are so many opportunities for students to partake in and the faculty and staff care about the students' well being. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone!

Posted October 10, 2013

We have been so thankful for FRA! I have never been at a school that cares more about the children! They care about the Whole child!!

Posted September 3, 2013

FRA is a school that has promoted a good balance of academic, christian, and service oriented values in our daughter. The school sincerely cares about the children and encourages the children to not only be involved with the school, but also with the community. We have since enrolled our two small children into the schools PreK-3 program and can be confident in knowing the type of education and nurturing atmosphere they will experience. We would highly recommend FRA!

Posted September 3, 2013

I have had children at FRA for 14 years now. My two oldest daughters graduated and have gone on to top Universities and have thrived academically, socially, philanthropically and spiritually. The caring environment that is FRA offers challenging academics, incredible comraderie among the students and families, and many opportunities for each student to excel whether it is in the classroom, on the athletic field, on the stage, or in another extra-curricular activity - or all of the above. The students learn that they can be successful in all areas given the opportunity and support of the faculty and student body. I also have a current student who has been there for 10 years. She has incredible confidence as a result of the many successes that she has had at FRA. FRA offers a wonderful partnership between family and school while giving every student an abundance of opportunities and support to succeed in them. All while being an inclusive Christian school. I can't say enough good things about my experiences at FRA.

Posted September 2, 2013

I have three children at Franklin Road Academy and we have been for 4 years. My family and I have been welcomed into this wonderful community and been actively involved every year. All of my kids have had top notch, quality, caring, Christian teachers. The new deans at FRA are being talked about all over the Nashville community and are a perfect fit for our Academy. The technology program at FRA is far above other schools in the area. FRA loves each and every kid that walks the hallways and they constantly nurture, educate and help our kids grow to be scholars with integrity and balance.

Posted September 2, 2013

I love this school! My children are receiving a wonderful education that is supported by a strong Christian foundation. They are loved and appreciated for their differences.

Posted August 23, 2013

FRA is wonderful and unique in Nashville. As a co-ed, K-12, Christian school, it truly stands out in the community. We have 2 children attending and they are growing academically and spiritually. FRA is competitive athletically as it moved up to DIIA, but it has maintained a balance, not sacrificing academic standards or the character of the school. (Unlike other schools who have done whatever it takes to win state championships) Despite changes that have displeased a select few, the leaders of the school have never waivered on their commitment to the students and the school's mission. We have not experienced any of the negative situations suggested below and would highly recommend FRA to any family that wants a caring environment for their children to learn and grow academically, socially and spiritually.

Posted August 6, 2013

We are so happy with FRA. It is everything we were looking for. The Deans of the Lower School and Middle School are the best in the country. Their enthusiasm for education is beyond what one can imagine.

Posted July 15, 2013

I am an alumni of FRA and if you care about your child attending a school that encourages independent thinking, creativity, and treating people with respect, please run. FRA is and always will be a wealthy country club that warehouses kids of the Brentwood "elite." The bullying at this school borders the criminal in some instances and when I was there, superlatives would be given to the same kids every year depending on how much money was donated. If you're interested in a more caring, academically rigorous school, try St. Cecilia, MBA, or Father Ryan.

Posted May 15, 2013

In my opinion some parents run the school and have to much say of what goes on. It is good to get the paying parents comments, but to let a select few have their way is crazy and spells disaster, exactly what has happened to the school. The school is not a Good Christian Environment. There are clicks and kids talking about other kids, and parents talking about other parents. Some teachers talk to about the kids..There are a few good teachers but the ones that are not good are really NO GOOD and should be gone. As far as the sports, maybe they are better in the upper grades, but in the middle school grades 5-8 it is a pre-determined roster based on who you are at the school. If I thought it was just me being hard to please, there is about half the school leaving, So there are plenty of concerns here. The school will be back one day, but it will take a few years and we simply dont have a few years to throw away and throw away that kind of money.

Posted May 13, 2013

I am definitely a REAL parent! My son has attended FRA the last two years and this school is WONDERFUL!! My son transferred from another local private school. There was some staffing changes in the administration and some parents did panic unnecessarily in my opinion. The transition has been smooth. I am very glad we stayed FRA will be even better. So if you had a negative experience, you are not speaking for all of us!! My son has maintained Head's List and has excelled in sports. I LOVE the Christian enviroment he is in there,also.

Posted May 11, 2013

I honestly can't imagine some of the glowing reviews. Poor experience for my child.we were sold a bill of goods, and when we got there it was not good.many families panicking o get their children out of here! Please please beware.whomever is writing the good reviews on this school is either working for the school or just part of the problem.due diligence needed here.

Posted April 26, 2013

I have two children at FRA that started in PreK and are headed to high school. I have been so happy here and blown away with how the teachers work with my two very different children. I find that the teachers truly care about my children and communicate with me often both with positive and negative feedback to keep them moving forward. The emphasis on servant leadership is important to me as well; I feel that this school tries to nuture the student without creating a sense of "elitism" you would find at most private schools.

Posted April 26, 2013

It doesn't get much better. FRA has been wonderful for my boys and my family. They are getting an outstanding college preparatory education. My boys are involved in multiple sports and are encouraged to participate in as many things as they can, and learning in the process how to keep things in balance. The Christian environment supports our family and church life and my boys have become leaders at school and at church. I'm proud of the work ethic that we have instilled in our boys and the way the school supports how you can reach your goals by hard work. What an amazing ride this has been. My children started in PK4 and will graduate next year. Thank you to a school that is a family and really makes a difference!!

Posted April 24, 2013

Franklin Road Academy is a great school. The best part of the school is the many opportunities for each individual child to succeed. For example, I know many students who have the chance to play sports while at the same time be in the arts. The academics are just as balanced. The college counselors are amazing and the curriculum prepares the student well for a successful college experience. FRA students are truly scholars with integrity and balance. Although, some say we don't have the best facilities in town nor are we perfect but you can't deny the forever impact your child will have in the relationship with FRA teachers. FRA has an incredible group of teachers who care about the success of the individual child and their full potential. I've been at FRA since 2000 and I've been teaching (technology) for over 20 years. I highly recommend Franklin Road Academy to any parent to consider for their child. Please visit our website to discover more about FRA--http://www.franklinroadacademy.com.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 9, 2013

Very poor exuse for a prep school.beware of this place, administration is in a shambles,select few families run it, all others considered "outsiders".testing scores here are at the bottom for independant schools, and are actually lower than the local public schools??? What a mistake we have made by placing my child in this joke of a school!if you are looking for an overpriced,under achieving,mini country club, this is the place for you! There are some good teachers here, but the bad far overshadows the good.I will be taking my child out of here, I hope it is not too late, admissions directors at local schools are adding FRA "task Forces" to accommodate the influx of Families leaving!! I was truly amazed at having a principle, and a teacher "roll their eyes" at me during a parent /teacher meeting?? Very disrespectful, unacceptable behaviour for a Twelve year old!

Posted January 24, 2013

Great school. Languages( Latin,Spanish, French), Technology, Science(s)( biology, chemisty, physics..., Art, Music (chorus, band) , Math (Geometry, Algebra, Trig...) AP Honor classes, Theatre, Wellness, History, Sports (volleyball, tennis, football, bowling, basketball, baseball, wrestling, swimming, soccer), track, cheerleading. The school provides opportunities for the kids to attent Bear Creek in Alabama, or trips to New York, Chicago or Washington DC.. Philanthropy programs. There are so many wonderful things to say about FRA. Like any school it's not perfect but when issues arise the school takes appropriate measures. Well-rounded school. Small class sizes. Safe campus . Administration staff, teachers, maintenance crew all wonderful. Most importantly, "FRA develops students of integrity with Christian values to sustain and lead them in lives that will make a difference."

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
German
Italian
Russian
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

School start time
  • 7:50 a.m.
School end time
  • 3:00 p.m.
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • (615) 834-4137

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Video / Film production

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Parent's association and parent ambassador programs are very active parts of the fra school community.