Nashville, TN

Jesus Only Academy 5

Posted April 05, 2014
JOA is a loving, caring environment. It is quite small, no frills, but the children are nurtured and cared for. I am an educator and have worked in public and private schools for many years. Parents must find the school that fits their child. This has been a good fit for our daughter who needs a small learning environment. The price is as reasonable as it gets outside of free public education. We can enrich our daughter with art and music outside of school so no worries there. We have been completely satisfied. And I am thrilled that the Bible is the first and foremost book that is honored at JOA.

Jesus Only Academy 1

Posted November 14, 2011
This school has very poor academic standards. They were giving my son math work that was 5 grade levels below him. They do not order books on time, so your child will go days without doing work his work. BEWARE

Jesus Only Academy 5

Posted December 08, 2009
I love this school the teachers are just great and as far as an education i've learned more there than i have at any other school and I have become closer to god the past few years i have went there I just wanted to write this to let y'all know it is a GREAT school.

Posted October 16, 2008
My daughter has attended jesus only for 2 years. And she has really showed alot of progress. The most important is she learns about jesus. I like the fact that she has to learn memory verses. And is in a safe enviroment. The classes are small and she gets the 1 on 1 she needs. And the staff there are awesome christian people. She wants to go to school now and she didn't in metro. I would recommend any one who has a child in school. Joa is the place for them to be.

Posted September 24, 2008
My daughter has attended JOA for 4yr. She is in a very safe inviroment, that I feel good about.The school might not have a lot of extras but it is a Christian School where they can learn about Jesus. This is the most importaint part of life,the rest will fall into place when you put jesus first. The students here learn about life in a positive manner and by teachers that love God and care about the children. i would recommend this school to anyone weather they go to church or not, principles they learn will be used in everyday life.

Posted May 08, 2008
I think this school is wonderful. Religion was taught but not in a bad way. My child was taught excellent values. There was not music, art or P.E. classes but it is a very small school. As a parent you must choose the proper school for your child. For me, the safety and the love that my daughter received at JOA was worth it.

Posted January 08, 2008
My daughter attendend this school for pre-school and pre-k. She has excelled in public schools and is way above grade level. I believe JOA help laid a solid foundation.

Jesus Only Academy 2

Posted November 04, 2007
The highlights are the fact that students get the chance to do their own work at home and at their own pace. Other than that, the price is ridiculous and they make you buy school supplies that homeschool doesnt even use.

Jesus Only Academy 4

Posted October 29, 2007
My children go to pre-school at Jesus Only and I have no complaints at all. They have learned so much! They are ages 3 and 4, they can both write their names, the know all of their colors, abcs and numbers. And yes, they learn about Jesus and they read the Bible. I have never been to one of their parent teacher functions, nor have I been charged for not attending. I love Jesus Only and more importantly, my kids love it. I would definitely recommend it, on the condition you actually want your children to learn about Jesus.

Jesus Only Academy 1

Posted August 01, 2007
This school is not accredited. Their beliefs are forced upon the children even if the parents and children do not agree with it. I have decided to put my child in a public school so he will have a better chance at college and getting help from teachers that actually have a degree. The children are left to pretty much figure out how to do the work alone from booklets that teach more about religion than about school studies. I wish it was more of a 50/50 split but it is not. I do not recommend this school to anyone.

324 Glenrose Avenue, Nashville, TN  37210