Posted April 01, 2014
I love MBA. I currently attend this school, and it has been the best, and at the same time hardest experience of my life. Our motto, Gentleman, Scholar, Athlete, is truly represented by the good sportsmanship, number of AP/Merrit finalists each year, as well as the oportunities we have for sports (We have 15 varsity sports currently). Not only that, but MBA turns a boy into a true man, and gives that man true character. The great thing about MBA is that here, it is COOL to do things that are weird elsewhere. Like singing, robotics, astronomy, and being in a band. Also, the teachers truly engage in the lesson. Unlike Ensworth, the teachers here truly understand their students and don't mind spending a few extra minutes helping a kid understand a concept. I cannot thank MBA enough for the opportunities and character it's given me. Thanks, MBA.

Posted August 12, 2013
Today my son begins another year attending MBA. He woke-up at 5:50 and is showered, fed, and dressed in his blazer and tie. The excitement is all-over his face. MBA his truly his home-away-from-home. I do agree with some of the comments written below. MBA is a highly-competitive environment. Academically, athletically and morally, MBA challenges you to rise above and overcome. At the same time, the faculty and administration realize that there will be struggles and even set-backs and that learning perseverance is as important as passing AP Exams or being a National Merit Scholar.

Posted August 11, 2013
I owe a great deal to Montgomery Bell Academy. Not a day goes by that I do not draw on my MBA experience, and there is no doubt that my time at MBA has contributed significantly to my success as a husband, father, and businessman.

Posted August 07, 2013
I am a graduate of MBA and a former faculty member. As a student, I was moved by the high expectations of my teachers as well as my fellow students. The environment was challenging and fun. As a faculty member, I was blown away by the commitment of my colleagues to the program and their students. The goals were very apparent. Prepare young men for college and give them confidence to take risks where appropriate and walk away from bad situations. MBA enjoys a unique place in the Nashville community and they take that distinction seriously.

Posted August 06, 2013
MBA is one of the best private schools in the country. There are so many opportunities here compared with other schools (international travel, top-notch debate, less common languages like German or Greek, less common sports like rowing or rifle). The boys are pushed in order for them to excel. There is an emphasis on both written and oral communication. MBA truly prepares the boys for success in college and in life.

Montgomery Bell Academy 3

Posted April 29, 2013
used to be very great school. still is good but it is made up of students, families, faculty who believe in lack of diversity and judgement based on social level, economic stability and athletic ability. basically all minorities are mistreated and are athletes. also the motto is very misleading. they should change it to ATHLETE. SCHOLAR. GENTLEMAN... that would provide outsiders more accurate information regarding the best interests of the school.

Posted February 12, 2013
When my son was in 8th grade he didn't have a clue where he was going to high school. All of his friends went to this one school and he felt that he should go off with his friends to high school but when I asked him where he wanted to go he said, "Mom, I want to go to MBA." When he was a freshman there he was struggling because there academics are very hard. By the end of the year he almost gave up but when MBA's teachers helped him he realized how lucky he was to go to a school like MBA he wasn't going to give up he decided to stay there. He graduated 5 years ago and he said that staying at MBA was the best decision that he has ever made. MBA changed him and he gained memories and friends. The teachers were fabulous and he learned how to be a gentlemen, scholar, and athlete.

Montgomery Bell Academy 4

Posted October 28, 2012
My son got a great education there but if you do not live in west nashville area you are left out of many ativities. I felt like a outsider every time I went there. I was not in the click with other parents and niether was my son. Very competitive in everything they do. Very hard to be accepted if you do not have a connection there. My son graduated cum laude and was accepted to a top 20 school. He did not get the recognition he deserved because of where we lived and not having the in connection to the school.

Montgomery Bell Academy 3

Posted April 24, 2012
Academics are very good but they need to put more effort toward making the "gentlemen" part of their motto truer. The display of uglyness shown by the MBA students over the last three years when they are playing Ensworth School has been awful. Good sportsmanship use to be at MBA but since they now have another school comparative they have not handled it well. Diversity in students and staff is not great. The biggest problem is their Head Master whose ego is bigger than the job. His departure might help.

Montgomery Bell Academy 1

Posted July 05, 2011
This school may boast many things, but the last thing that it is is culturally diverse. MBA prides itself on tradition, so expect that on every level (including poor treatment of its minorites). Anyone from the Nashville area has heard rumors about the school and racism. Well, these rumors are very much true. If you're a caucasion affluent family, then by all means, send your son there. Yet, if you're atypical due to ethnicity or socioeconomic status, you will never be treated as an equal. You will be reminded over and over again how different you truly are. There were two African - American graduates out of a class of 100+. The young black men do not stay at this school. If they deem you fortunate enough to accept you, you will not stay long (6 transferred at the end of this school year). No matter who you are or how great you are, you will never be equal. Unfair treatment is tolerated and almost encouraged by staff and peers on a daily basis. I am an educator who has seen child after child leave. If you think that you're different, you are not. Bottom line, do not send your black young men to MBA, it will be the absolute worst mistake you will ever make for your child.

Montgomery Bell Academy
4001 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN  37205
Last modified Montgomery Bell Academy is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Montgomery Bell Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top