Nashville, TN

Antioch Middle School 5

Posted February 14, 2015
I am a student I go to antioch middle it is very fun and exciting you make a lot of friends and I've only been there for 10 days and I have lots of friend s on my bus in my homeroom and everything everyone in 5th-8th grade should go there

Antioch Middle School 2

Posted September 23, 2013
Would not want my children here under current administration. Executive principal is the worst I've EVER seen or heard of. Would advise against AMS until change is made in leadership.

Antioch Middle School 4

Posted May 09, 2011
I happen to go to Antioch Middle School, and I am getting sick and tired of people judging my school without knowing a SINGLE thing! Parents talk like they know, but they don't! Antioch Middle School is NOT filled a bunch of gangsters and violence! I refused to be called that, when I know I am not! And fights are rare! "Don't judge a book by its cover" whatever happen to that? Antioch Middle School is the best!
2 people found this helpful

Antioch Middle School 4

Posted May 02, 2011
Antioch Middle School is NOT the most horrible school on the planet! This school is always spoken in the same sentence with the words "horrible","gangs","fights","no good teachers", etc. Show me a school that has no gangs, or fights,or a weak teacher! there is none. Not even Montgomery Bell! The principal is great, and the students are so helping. In 3 days, they raised over $1000 for Haiti relief, and donated over 97 new pairs of shoes. Oh yeah, a gang school could NEVER pull that off. And in the floods last year, the students, teachers, and community volunteers helped it get back on its feet, with NO government help. This school truly is amazing. and, the students ARE intellectually. do not blame the teachers, when some students refuse to learn. that is the student's, or the student's parent's problem. a TEACHer's job is to TEACH, not to disiplince children that should alreay have been disiplined at home. only thing remotely wrong with this school is the lack of parental help.

Posted October 18, 2010
I did not like this school at all! I was so bad. My children were forced to do (pushups, situps, etc) in the classroom. My son cried everyday after school for 1 month at this school. We moved to Brentwood, TN. Now we go to Brentwood Middle School!!! We willever return there again. My osn now loves school at Brentwood!!! :)

Posted April 29, 2009
My son attened this school 5th-8th grades and were some of the worst times of his life. The teachers don't care and pick favorites, the principle did'nt care and most of the students are unruly and bullies. I wish I could turn back time and have sent my son to another school. I don't think he has any good memories of middle school.

Posted March 29, 2009
Since my son who is in the 5 the grade has attended this school his educational needs, social interactions and self esteem has dropped to the lowest that i have ever seen. There is a lack of communication between the teachers and the office faculty including the principle. The guidance counselors at the school take it upon themselves to not investigate things such as children with disablilities personal needs which has lead to invalid information . Some of the teachers in the school are still stuck with blinders on from the middle ages. They have not, what I feel, meets the no child left behind becaus my child was being left behind. This school needs to go back to ground level and help the teachers to learn to meet all the childrens needs no matter how tedious it may be to the educators.

Posted March 27, 2009
I've been at this school for two years ad its been the worst of my life. This school has terrible discipline and their only real discipline is either detnetion, no eating in the class room for lunch, and for the act of violence iss and rarely oss. The principle rarely ever runs the schol or deals with the principle. so instead of the principle running the school the assistant does everything. The children are rude and act vey imature about things. Every few students in my class are passing and paying attention while others fail miserably without knowing abou the lessons. Some teachers actually pick favories letting them get off very easily. This sochool is also filled with rumors and people wanting to fight people because of those rumors other imature children have said.So no i dont recomend this school at all unless you want your child to come up terrible.

Antioch Middle School 2

Posted June 06, 2008
Antioch Middle School is a poor school. My daughter and son went to this school for two years. My daughter she got perfect attendence and she did nt get recongize for it. She also got Honor Roll but she got recongize for Honorable Mention.

Posted April 02, 2008
Of all the people saying that AMS is bad and no kid has any discipline they are wrong.We have the best teachers here. The only problem is that the school is old and needs to some freshening up. The discipline problem is because of the students. Not the staff but the students. The students choose to behave that way which cause them to get into trouble. Parents think that just because this school isn't that tough and all they can take advantage of teachers and make their children not have to go through the consequences other kids go through. I personally hate AMS. It think it's an old school and nobody really cares. The staff don't like each other and don't get along very well.

5050 Blue Hole Road, Nashville, TN  37013
Last modified Antioch Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Antioch Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top