Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I was in 6th grade here, moving onto 7th. Looking at this school in a teacher's perspective, it was quite the rowdy, yet okay school. Some kids acted out, yes - however, the teachers really tried to cacall us. It didn't always work, seeing as we all are so excitable, however a lot of teachers stood their ground. What I'd like to see in this school excel in is mostly get more involved with their students, and not blame them if they cannot understand something in the curriculum. Another is that I personally want teachers to be open with their students on /how/ to be taught. I had a teacher whom only made us learn one way. This was not as effective, and we all knew since the other classes were far, far from us in the books and lessons (At the end of the school year, we were around chapter 4 whilst other classes were around chapter /9/ of the book). I still recommend this school.

My daughter started 5th grade at JFK last August. I was very hesitant to send her to this school based on its reputation as not being a great school. However, I have been pleasantly surprised. There are some teachers who teach more effectively than others, but they are all engaged and obviously interested in the development of their students. My daughter is a very driven child anyway and has always required little involvement from me to get her homework done, but I would encourage you to be very involved if your child goes to this school. Another reviewer mentioned the teachers being unorganized and that is true in some cases. My daughter had a project and she wasn't sure of the due date. The deadline and requirements were changed multiple times it was almost like the teacher was making it up as she went along. Other than that, our experience at JFK has been a good one and, provided you are willing to back up your child's education in the home rather than depend solely on teachers, I would recommend this school.

If your child has to attend this school, I would suggest that you are very involved in your child's day to day school activity. The school staff is very unorganized and ill informed about almost everything. School information and activity details can get lost in translation. My children would come home telling me about an upcoming activity but no details and the teachers don't know much either. My children didn't like going there because the unruly children would often disrupt the teacher and cause the entire class to be punished. I've always hated homework, but I hate it even more now because my honor roll children spent most of their time at home doing homework. They only had time for dinner and a shower, then bedtime. Because the main focus is about TCAP, it's relevant that you teach them what the teachers are not allowed to teach them. I'm very glad that my children will not be attending Davidson County schools anymore.

The teachers here do care about their students though. I'm the same 8th grader from below. My teachers work their butts off for all students In the class. However most of them don't care which creates a bad environment. Antioch isn't a bad place it's the people that give this place a bad reputation .

I go to this school. Im in 8th grade and I seriously cannot wait to leave. I will admit I have had some good years here I did learn some good things but the kids here are constantely getting into fights and are disrespectful and im sorry to say but ghetto. I have been raised around a white community I went to Ezell Harding, but I wouldnt recommend coming here.

I personally liked john f Kennedy. I moved here my 5th grade year I didn't know anyone here. but I fit in very well. all the kids are very nice they don't worry about your skin tone your background they just look at the personality. if you are a parent that's is looking for a school you should pick JFK middle school. it will be one of the best choices you made for your child. take this from a person who started out there in 5th grade and till this day hasn't got into a fight or in trouble.... because the principle rocks :}

Last modified John F. Kennedy Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.