Posted July 15, 2015
I am really proud this school because the standard Academy is very good and advanced they have dicipline and orderliness

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 15, 2015
Yes adsolut they teaching about respect my daughter liked when she was now she's in Martin Luther King. But my son he will be study this school this year so I very excited! !!!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 15, 2015
Well my daughter was there and the all personal teaching, work help her when she needs so I am Agree.

Posted April 28, 2014
My daughter started school in 5th grade and she did not really like it. Now she is on 6th grade and moving to MLK. She loves her school. Some teachers are well prepared, friendly and encouraging. One teacher in 5th grade was rude and not very supportive. Despite this my daughter had advanced TCAPs. My daughter had a challenging 6th grade and talks very positive about her teachers this year. She has the opportunity to be in the math team too. most likely she will be ready to take algebra in 7th grade. This is not an academic magnet school like Meigs. The main difference is that this school takes neighborhood students that sometimes are not well prepared. Those students with advance or proficiency TCAPs move to MLK. We got a letter and it seems that next year qualifying students will move to MLK until the end of 8th grade instead of the end of 6th grade.

Posted March 21, 2014
Im looking forward to going there next year my cousin goes there and I have heard amazing things about this school and looked the school up like 100 times I really like that the time is 8:00 to 3:00 which is awesome and because I saw how many activites they have and how Vanderbilt scholars come every week to help in science which is my dream college so I am looing forward towards this experience.

Posted September 24, 2013
My child is in 5th grade and the last couple of months have been great. She has moved from a good elementary school to this school and is performing equally good because of great teachers. I am glad she is in this school. The new principal Ms. Williams (started this year with my child) is equally efficient. Parents are equally involved with the activities in the school.

Head Middle Mathematics / Science Magnet 4

Posted March 25, 2013
Head Magnet Middle school is a good school, but like every other school, they have some negatives. I am currently in 6th grade at this school. They stress math and science a bit more than the other arts unlike Meigs Magnet. VSVS ( a group of students from vanderbilt ) comes every week and does hands on science activities with us. For math, we enter numerous math competitions. I recently participated in a math competition (MBA) because i was on Head Magnet's wonderful math team. Not all teachers are very good. Some don't teach, don't even have lesson plans, and don't enforce the skills enough. They also offer an encore program ( I enroll in it) which is for the gifted students. Academically, we do okay. We do a lot better in sports than in academics. The school is not excellent...but okay....

Posted October 15, 2012
I love this school it is the best i have ever been to in my life.

Posted October 13, 2010
Because it gives challenging opportunities to pre-teens who need it the most.

Posted August 15, 2009
My son is starting his second year at Head Magnet and we have been very pleased. The principal Dr. Carr is really on the ball. If there is a problem, she handles it right away. Ms. Nishimoto is the best science and math teacher in Nashville! Looking forward to another great year.

1830 Jo Johnston Avenue, Nashville, TN  37203
Last modified Head Middle Mathematics / Science Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Head Middle Mathematics / Science Magnet Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top