Bad
Good

HES is a community school that places a great emphasis on providing a great education in a safe environment. This school had its challenges in the past but it's made incredible strides in the last two years.

I recently took a tour of this school. The staff was very conscientious and helpful. The students seemed happy and engaged in learning.

Love this school! The teachers are passionate and communicate great with parents. I can't think of anything about this school that I would change.

NOT HAPPY! My daughter just move in the school zone. This is my grandson 1st year in school, and boy has he been excited! He makes good grades and love to learn. His mom has been preparing him for this change in school (Hickman)He was ready!!!Here we are 3 days in the new school and he don't want to go back...He's just a kindergarten. I am up at 2:53 a.m. concern with how my baby spirit is crushed! He is coming out of this class 1st thing in the morning. In hopes to get it right! The teacher gave me a bad perception when we entered her class... I understand it was in the middle of teaching, but nothing and I mean NOTHING was welcoming about that entrance... I was hoping it was me... But it wasn't and my grandson excitement about learning is way to important to us... I will be there in the morning changing his class...Oh by the way, if I didn't give his supplies to you to give to other students; that means They belong to him...the nerve of this teacher taking something from my baby and then give it to other students... That hurt his feelings... I know he is in "k" but you have already underestimated his intelligence. signed----> UNHAPPY GRANDMOM

HICKMAN HAWKS is an EXCELLENT SCHOOL! My daughter has attended Hickman since the beginning and she has loved all of her teachers. They care about the kids and ensure that they parents are aware of all activities going on with the school. The Principal leadership is outstanding. I could name certain teachers that are truly outstanding but without ALL TEACHERS it would not be a HICKMAN HAWK SCHOOL! Thank you!

I love Hickman Elementary, they take pride in knowing families as well as students. If you walk in and they never seen you before, they get concerned and find out who you are. Even when they know you they still ask for identification and that suites me just fine I'll show my ID a million times if it means I know my child and the other children are safe. Thank You

We moved into the Hickman zoning about a month before school started this year and had no knowledge of the school. My son has had excellent teaching and a good environment to make new friends, which can be hard as an incoming 4th grader. I haven't been involved as a volunteer this year, but any interaction with the office has been efficient and pleasant, and Dr. Critchlow is obviously a committed leader. We've been very happy and I feel fortunate to have had such a good experience as a parent of a new student - thank you, Hickman!

Dr Critchlow, the principle is great. Most teachers are wonderful. My kids have never be in trouble but I have seen and heard certain teachers yelled at the kids.

I am the parent of a former Hickman Student. He is now in Donelson Middle School and is doing GREAT thanks to all the hard work of the Hickman Teachers as well as the work ethic they invoke and expect of their students.

I love Hickman! It is more than a school, it is a family. My oldest son is in 6th grade now but he went to Hickman K-4. After K we actually based our move to Hermitage(3 miles away but new school zone) on if our son would get a special transfer. We got the transfer and our youngest son also got a special transfer and he is now in 2nd grade. The staff is wonderful!

Last modified Hickman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.