No rating

Our Savior Lutheran Academy

Private | PK-8 | 125 students

Recognizing student strengths and developing the whole child.

Living in Nashville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $273,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted April 22, 2014

My school offers small class size and personalized teaching to children of all skill levels. OSLA is a wonderful Christian school where students and parents are treated like family. It has all the newest technology and is very safe...my children feel very secure every day they go to school.

Posted April 21, 2014

I have a son in Kindergarten and a daughter in preschool this year and I am so grateful that they are here in this school. The teachers and staff are genuine, caring people. They truly live to glorify the Lord and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. The teachers let me know if there is any problem with either of my children and I feel like the lines of communication are always open. My children both have healthy friendships with other kids who come from great families and I couldn't be happier with what is happening here socially and academically.

Posted April 16, 2014

OSLA is a loving Christian school that provides a strong education. The teachers take the time to get to know every student, and the small class sizes helps every child thrive. OSLA has such a warm and welcoming environment; the kids love coming to school!

Posted April 14, 2014

OSLA is a wonderful environment for educating my child. I give thanks to God each day for the love and learning my child does there. My child went from struggling and being behind grade level in reading to loving it and is now above grade level!

Posted October 25, 2013

OSLA is centered on Christ and His holy Word. The students are taught by teachers who use research based methods and effective and meaningful lessons. Where other schools may use typical methods of teach, test, then move on, OSLA focuses on the students' needs by discovering learning styles and working to bring out the best in each and every student. I love being able to share Christ openly and freely as well as listening to students talk about their faith as well. OSLA is a phenomenal school based on Biblical truth and foundation (Ps. 11:3). It is truly a wonderful place to receive a great education and be a part of the Lord's work.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 24, 2013

We have been involved with Our Savior Lutheran Academy(OSLA) since 2009. There are a lot of private schools in the area with strong academic programs like OSLA; however where OSLA stands out is that it is also an extremely nurturing environment. As a working parent that is important to me. I know my boys are not only learning but are also receiving love and support throughout the day. I trust the teachers and support staff implicitly. The small class sizes means my children receive individual attention from their teacher everyday. This allows the teacher to meet each child at his or her level so the struggling child is never left behind while the high achiever is never held back. Then there is the simple fact that my boys actually get upset when we pick them up early from After Care. They love the school! And I love that they are not just learning academics but core values as well.

Posted September 23, 2013

I am so very thankful for OSLA. From the moment you walk into the door, you can feel a positive enviroment for children. The staff are always helpful and provide attention to each child individualy setting the students up for sucess. The advancement of technology is remarkable for being such a small school. The board wants children to be kept up to date with technology and make sure that each student from Kindergarten to 8th are knowledgeable for their future. I'm so very greatful that we found OSLA and look forward to many years there.

Posted June 6, 2013

My middle school child attended OSLA for four years. The teachers, office staff, and principal were instrumental in providing a loving environment. I was most impressed with the teachers willingness to help each child grow academically and emotionally. OSLA offered a variety of opportunities that helped increase my child's self-esteem. Those opportunities were in - sports, drama, art, academics, clubs, bible, and a loving environment. My child enjoyed taking educational fieldtrips with her school friends and teachers. My child enjoyed group trips with her school friends and the OSLA church youth group. The atmosphere is one of total acceptance. When we started at OSLA my child was unsure of herself, I guess middle school is a challenged for most kids. I had the opportunity to place my child in a bigger, more expensive private school. I decided OSLA would be a better fit for her. Middle school can be tough for most kids. I didn't want my child to deal with a new school environment, and a large classroom all at the same time. This fall my child will be attending the largest private school in Nashville. She is prepared because I made the right choice to send her to OSLA.

Posted August 31, 2011

I could not be happier with Our Savior! I have 2 boys that attend and the attention that our family has been given, from both the teachers and administration, has been second to none! The school is is so advanced in technology offering personal laptops to all students, second gtrade on up and smart boarnds in every classroom! Academically my boys are challenged and continue to hit heights I never dreamed possible at their age, and spiritually, their lives have been so enriched! Could not recommend this school more!

Posted November 25, 2009

This school has made a tremendous difference in my son's life as well as our entire family's life. We couldn't ask for more!!

Posted August 18, 2009

I have three kids that are currently attending OSLA. All 3 love the school and as parents we couldn't be happier with OSLA. They have Smartboards in every classroom, laptops with 2nd graders on up, and have been ahead of the curve technologically the whole time we have been there. The teaching staff has never been stronger and the church has been incredibly supportive of the Academy. What are you waiting for? Get your kids enrolled!

Posted June 18, 2008

OSLA has proven itself to be a loving, nurturing, Christian environment with top-notch teachers and curriculum. Our daughter has shown remarkable growth in both personal character development and in academic success. It truly is Nashville's best-kept secret! We love it!

Posted June 18, 2008

Wonderful Staff and environment! My daughter loves going to school at OSLA.

Posted December 28, 2006

I am increasingly amazed by the quality of education that my two children are receiving at OSLA. The teachers are so caring and the small class sizes have helped my kids excel in their studies. This school is definitely the best kept secret in Nashville.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 2%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:15 am
School end time
  • 3:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Wendy Morris
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod)
Fax number
  • (615) 833-3761

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• None
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by staff
Extra learning resources offered

• Dance
  • Drama
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • AHG

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

Apply now

What are your chances?

9 out of 10students were accepted for the 2014-2015 school year.

Students accepted for the 2014-2015 school year

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
factstuitionaid.com

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Lipscomb Academy