Bad
Good

Develops character: Neutral

The dress code is horribly not fair, seems like girls can wear cardigans and tights under there jumpers with anything on them boys cannot wear anything to keep them warm in building. Way to strict seems like boot camp for boys. The whole take off your jacket in building with a hood or any coloring or writing is overkill!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have a wonderful team of teachers and coaches who work hard to ensure our students can do their absolute best.

I currently have a 2nd grader and my son will start next year.... we LOVE Sylvan Park. It's a smaller elementary school that has a wonderful community feel, even though some of the students opt in. Lots of parent involvement, awesome teachers and a great new principal who is working with her team to make the school even better. I feel my children are getting a great education here and they are truly cared for as well.

I am a grandparent and a public school teacher for 38 years. I am so pleased at the whole child education my grandchild receives at Sylvan Park. The lessons from the classroom reach out to her community and everyday life. Thanks you Sylvan park teachers and staff.

love the school, very nice teacher and good parent and teacher communication, just love it

I love this school , loving teachers especialh miss Gerson, my douther is very happy at this school.

Very pleased with our sons transition to public school. The Paideia learning method is nurturing to these young minds. We couldnt be happier. Our son is in 1st grade and has Miss Gerson, but the whole first grade team is awesome.

My nephew attends and my family is very pleased with his progress. Nothing but praise to be said, the staff is grade A with parents and students. submitted by Kyle A.

I was truly shocked to see any negative reviews of this school! I currently have a second grader enrolled here and his older brother (currently 7th grade at Meigs) attended before him so I have been involved with Sylvan Park for a very long time. I simply could not be any happier!!! Both of my children have excelled due to the wonderfully caring and dedicated faculty and staff. Parental involvement is amazing. It is truly a neighborhood school with high standards for both students and teachers. Any negative experience resulting from enrollment here could only come from the parental side. There is NOTHING negative to say from the faculty or administrative side. Walk in the door and you will be greeted by smiling, happy staff and find smiling, happy children who are well prepared for middle school.

We have really enjoyed this school, My son is in first grade and has Miss Gerson. I must say she is grade A with the children, very nuturing. Kindergarden and first grade are the pillars to reading and writing. She comes up with ways to make it fun and learn. I also love!!! the new principle Miss Blankenship. Very down to earth and easy to engage.

Last modified Sylvan Park Paideia Design Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.