Posted April 02, 2014
I love this school , loving teachers especialh miss Gerson, my douther is very happy at this school.

Posted September 26, 2013
Very pleased with our sons transition to public school. The Paideia learning method is nurturing to these young minds. We couldnt be happier. Our son is in 1st grade and has Miss Gerson, but the whole first grade team is awesome.

Posted September 26, 2013
My nephew attends and my family is very pleased with his progress. Nothing but praise to be said, the staff is grade A with parents and students. submitted by Kyle A.

Posted September 16, 2013
I was truly shocked to see any negative reviews of this school! I currently have a second grader enrolled here and his older brother (currently 7th grade at Meigs) attended before him so I have been involved with Sylvan Park for a very long time. I simply could not be any happier!!! Both of my children have excelled due to the wonderfully caring and dedicated faculty and staff. Parental involvement is amazing. It is truly a neighborhood school with high standards for both students and teachers. Any negative experience resulting from enrollment here could only come from the parental side. There is NOTHING negative to say from the faculty or administrative side. Walk in the door and you will be greeted by smiling, happy staff and find smiling, happy children who are well prepared for middle school.

Posted August 22, 2013
We have really enjoyed this school, My son is in first grade and has Miss Gerson. I must say she is grade A with the children, very nuturing. Kindergarden and first grade are the pillars to reading and writing. She comes up with ways to make it fun and learn. I also love!!! the new principle Miss Blankenship. Very down to earth and easy to engage.

Posted May 22, 2013
We absolutely love this school. The teachers and PTO are incredible. They do so many fun, hands on projects, and if you compare metro schools they rank in the top academically. Couldn't ask for a better kindergarten experience than what we've had with Ms. Riddle at Sylvan Park.

Posted April 19, 2013
This school is excellent! We relocated to Nashville from Northern California a few months ago with a child in kindergarten. We were looking for a small school that's (a) public, (b) academically excellent, and (c) culturally diverse. We certainly found it in Sylvan Park. The kindergarten teachers are all excellent, and principal is a legend in Nashville education circles, and the parents care and are all involved. I love that I can walk into the school each day to see what's going on. This really is a strong community, and the Sylvan Park Paideia Design Center really is a lovely school.

Sylvan Park Paideia Design Center 4

Posted January 29, 2013
My daughter started kindergarten this year, and her teacher is Ms. Manns. Ms. Manns is an absolutely wonderful teacher, and thanks to her, my daughter can practically read just halfway through the school year. I'm not completely comfortable with the school's curriculum, since a lot of what the kids do is over their heads and seems to be a waste of time, but Ms. Manns keeps a healthy balance of doing what the school requires and using her own wonderful methods of teaching to get great things accomplished. We'll see how next year goes.

Sylvan Park Paideia Design Center 2

Posted August 31, 2012
Horrible! My daughter cried almost everyday. Now she's happy she is out of there and never wants to see mrs Wanda again.. They lost a highly gifted student. They need better staff. If it wasn't for Ms. Mann she would have had a worse time there.

Posted April 06, 2011
My son is currently attending kindergarten at Sylvan Park (and has Mrs. Allinder for a teacher). I couldn't ask for a more nurturing, loving and educational environment for him. The "special" (Spanish, Music, Art and PE) really round out the entire experience. The more involved you are, the more you will love the school. It's a real community experience. The teachers, the staff, and of course the amazing Mrs. Cheadle (principal) make it the place to be. I adore this school and Mrs. Allinder is amazing with teaching the children, loving thelso making each feel special.

Sylvan Park Paideia Design Center
4801 Utah Av, Nashville, TN  37209
Last modified Sylvan Park Paideia Design Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sylvan Park Paideia Design Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top