Bad
Good

It's the one of the best arts school in Nashville and I like it because I feel great when my child goes there. THANK YOU GOD AMEN !!!!!!!

This school is amazing My kids LOVE it. It is the best school they have ever gone to.

this school is amazing and I love it. everyone is so nice and the teachers are awesome.

NSA was an amazing school when I attended. I graduated class of 2013 and I wouldn't change it for the world! I was in the music department and I fell in love with the experiences and everything I learned. There were so many amazing opportunities; I played at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center three times, the Grand Ole Opry two times, and so many other amazing places. As well as widening my range of musical taste and gaining experience points; I learned a lot from the academic teachers. If you apply yourself and ask the teachers for help they are always more than willing. Both academics and arts are amazing at this school if you make both a priority. Overall I love and miss this school, but NSA definitely prepare me for college and I'd love to thank all the teachers that helped me along the way. Oh an can't forget OT "oh wahwah oh wahwah"

I work here and would not let my own child attend this school. The administration clearly has an agenda that does not have the childrens best interest at heart. They are constantly imposing new systems that haven't been tested or tried in other schools to the detriment of our children here. Our test scores have dropped drastically and the morale is terrible. We have lost just about the entire staff to either retirement or just going to another school. its said to see what this place has become.

As I have been considering a relocation to Nashville, it is Nashville School of Art that intrigues me most as a mother of a child with interest this school is geared towards. Your scores prove you are a great choice in education but your innovative ways into advancing education of todays student makes you stand out from all the rest.

NSA is a smaller atmosphere with smaller teacher student ratio,but this school has more flaws than the larger schools . It is true that there is no bullying and gangs ,but most of the flaws lie within the administration ,not the students. NO ONE promoted academics until the new principal showed up . The dance teachers allowed students that failed all their academic classes to be in all the shows . In other schools that offer sports ,if you don t make the grade you don t play,but at NSA if you blow off your academics you can be the star and be rewarded.. Teachers are very unprofessional and talk against the new principal to the students. Yes, It is a ART school and you should promote the arts , but MNPS states that if you don t pass your academic classes in a magnet school you will be sent back to your zoned school. Well not here if you dance pretty or draw pretty you can sell your self short in all the other areas. Also dance teachers are recruiting kids(From dance studios) out of Williamson and Wilson County teaching them how to lie and use other peoples addresses ,taking spots away from Davidson County residents.

This school is absolutely amazing. The students are so different from each other that no one really gets bullied. The teachers try really hard to teach us well and work with us 1 on 1. The administration is great. Everyone enjoys coming to work/school because the environment is so welcoming. You walk in and you feel like you're at home. The academics are just as good as you'd get at other schools. For the people who said their kids didn't do well because the teacher's didn't teach well...that's just incorrect. Maybe it's because the kid was slacking in class because I know these teachers work with every student to make sure they learn. Also, in the beginning of the year, they always tell you that after-school practices run late into the evening. If you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't be at an arts school because if you really loved your art, you wouldn't mind staying late. It's just like if you're at college for your art...you have to practice WAY more than you would here. If you don't like it, don't go to this school. Just saying.

If you are conservative at all, do NOT send your child here! It is extremely LIBERAL in all ways and has changed who my daughter has become. They also put alot of emphasis on the arts and extra time after school is expected out of the kids. There were several times my daughter was still there at 10:30-11:00 at night for rehearsal. Some times the teacher even ask them to be there at 5:30 in the morning for extra training. And guess what? She didn't get one scholarship award to help out with college (like they boast about at the welcome meeting). They do not have ball teams there, so if your child wants to play sports, you have to go to another school and try to get on the team???? whatever...I will NOT send my other daughter there and wish that I knew more about how the school really was, before I let my child go there.

While I wouldn t choose the wording the previous parent used, I do agree that this school is unsatisfactory. My child attended this school year and we discovered a very poor learning environment. Artistic kids can be quirky sometimes. They come with all different learning styles. I believe most of the teachers do care about the kids, but have their hands tied down by the current administration s drive to compete with Academic magnet schools. I would love to see a true Arts school in our city, one that takes the artistic student where they are and develops them into a well educated individual. Unfortunately we discovered that those that don t make the grade , get booted to the street, often rejecting the quirky kid like so many others before them. The new administration has an agenda to look good, at the expense of our children.

Last modified Nashville School Of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.