Bad
Good

I love this school, and the work that they're doing, but what I dislike is the lack of training when dealing with bullies. I have seen a child being bullied by another child while the teacher stood there and watched, not knowing what to do. The majority of the students are there to learn and grow, but there are some that are disruptive, disrespectful, and need to be removed. Other than that it's a great school.

I work for the non-profit organization that sponsors Smithson Craighead Academy Elementary School, and I can testify to the dedicated, hard-working, caring, and effective teaching staff. The principal, Janelle Glover, is outstanding. The priorities are a safe environment for the children, close attention to the children's emotional health and behavior, and academic achievement. They teach three "hidden rules" of success in this society: self-control, respect others, and work before you play. I've not known a child yet that didn't love the school. It feels good to be associated with an enterprise like Smithson Craighead.

My 6 year old son completed Pre-k and kindergarten at the same school here in Nashville. When he started first grade this past fall my husband and I could tell he wasn't learning or progressing. So in October I transferred him to Smithson Craighead Academy. What a difference! Mrs. Glover and her staff welcomed him with loving arms, and he understands his work much better. I'm so proud of him and his new school. I can already see a great second semester ahead. : ) : )

My grandson attended Smithson and Craighead for two years. I have seen his growth with his studies, And a personal growth as well. Every person at the Academy, the prinicpal, teachers, to the janitors and bus drivers always showed and took personnel interest in my grandson as well as all the children. Made a huge difference help build confidence pride and respect. My grandson wanted to do good in his studies as well as his behavior. He didn't want to let them down, the staff didn't let him down so I seen him working harder and it made him feel good about his self. And it made me feel my baby has a chance to be and do what ever he wants in life. Smithson and Craighead has put him on the right track for a promising future. THANK YOU.

Last modified Smithson Craighead Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.