Bad
Good

I have been involved at Ruby from the first day my son entered Kindergarten there and he is moving on to middle school next year. I have been there through principal and staff changes, construction and chaos. The staff does a GREAT job at adapting to and overcoming the daily challenges that always greet them. I feel very confident in the teachers' abilities and support staff's dedication. This school is not without its problems or challenges, however overall they do a great job. The cafeteria continues to be an issue, but YOU try to deal with 200 children eating, playing, getting up, bickering, and basically being as loud as they can be for 3 full hours -- ALL BY YOURSELF! Day after Day! Without backup! Until you are "in the trenches" at a school, you really can't get a feel for it other than your sporadic contacts with random staff and your student's teacher. I highly recommend to get and STAY involved with your student's school regardless of where they go. It's the only way to really know and understand the school environment. Schools are terribly taxed to meet increasing needs for students that are not just educational needs. Volunteers are ALWAYS in short supply and (at Ruby at least) are ALWAYS welcome by both teachers AND the PTO. Grandparents, parents, neighbors and friends - all are welcome to help make a good school GREAT!

My daughter had an amazing first year at Ruby Major. She was fortunate in that she had two wonderful teachers Dr. Smith and Mrs. Morgan who came together to co-teach kindergarten for the 2014-2015 school year. And she loved her music and art classes which were both phenomenal. We speak often about horrors of public school education but when one is working, which for us Ruby Major is, we need to champion it.

My school is a supportive and caring place to be. Ruby Major has a great make-up of diversity and creative, hard-working faculty.

Overall my child received good instruction and valued learning skills from his immediate teachers. Be Very concerned if you a parent of a multi race child. As a parent on onel occasion I have experienced staff stating that certain students were abominations of God. As a parent I was embarrassed. Make certain to attend all PTO events. In this school, parental involvement may help your child throughout the year. The atmosphere is unwelcoming at first but after 5 years of attendance you get used to the staff being busy and unconcerned about allergy or food preferances .

Ruby Major has been a great first year experience for my daughter and I. Her teacher who is retiring was an awesome Kindergarten teacher. I love the community of the school (togetherness), the support from teachers and administrators. They need to continue to be positive, supportive and loving to all children no matter the ethnicity/race, socioeconomic status etc. Awesome school! I made a good choice for my daughter.

IMPRESSIVE! That is Ruby Major in one word. I see teachers & staff involved with the students and their parents. I see children who enjoy learning: respecting their teachers and valued by their teachers. I see my grandsons involved in education, and I see the parents proud and participating--knowing Ruby Major produces "10"'s every day.

This is an excellent school! We have very much enjoyed the school years so far and will add another K to it this upcoming year. My child is very excited to go to school. My oldest is very much looking forward to being back there. Amazing watching your children grow leaps and bounds under such good teachership!

I love my daughter's kindergarten teacher. She is very well organized and works well with the students. There seems to be a sense of community at this school. A litte boy in my daughter's class had major surgery and a note was sent home to parents asking them (if they wanted to) to donate money to the family. I was very happy to do so ! I also think the school is very clean and inviting !

The teachers at Ruby Major are amazing! They truly care for the kids and go the extra mile. I'm not as impressed by the principal. I've had kids in this school since the doors opened six years ago, and the one issue that has continually been a problem is the cafeteria. The office secretary who primarily monitors the cafeteria humiliates children regularly and seems to genuinely dislike them. The issue hasn't been corrected even though parents have voiced concerns year after year.

my kids went this school in last 2 years and priciple is awesome and i have nothing bad to say this is best school ever compare what we had last year. i miss ruby major

Last modified Ruby Major Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.