Posted July 25, 2014
My two children attend Shayne. The teachers are wonderful and truly care about the children learning. It is a great school.

Posted April 15, 2014
I've had 3 children go through Shayne. We have had no bad experiences and all except one were fantastic. My son had an issue with another student and the principal quickly took care of the issue.

May Werthan Shayne Elementary School 1

Posted December 28, 2013
I just want to say hands down BEST teacher at this school is Anna Watkins if you go here request her you won't be disappointed .. :)

Posted September 12, 2013
I am thrilled with the quality and caring at Shayne Elementary. I was very hesitant about having my son attend kindergarten here because I thought it wasn't "as good" as the Williamson Co. schools. But I have been so thrilled with the quality, diversity, structure and caring of the teachers and administrators. You can feel the love--in a very structured environment. My son feels confident and happy. On another note-- the diversity is amazing. While the kids all wear uniforms (solid collared shirts of any color) to help equalize the group, my (white) son's class has African Americans, Asians, Hispanics and Muslims all learning together. It is such a pleasure to see him learning about other cultures and customs in everyday life. I'm a fan!

Posted September 12, 2013
This is our 4th year at Shayne and we couldn't be happier! As a mom of a child with learning differences, let me just say that the resource teachers and staff that work with my child are stellar! They really do look out for his best interest and genuinely care for him and our family. I consider our family blessed to be a part of this wonderful school with an excellent principal, staff and parents!

May Werthan Shayne Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2013
My son attended kindergarten at Shayne last year, and his experience at the school was awesome! His teacher was attentive and I could tell that she was genuinely vested in the success of her students. Great teachers make great school - so far 2 thumbs up.

May Werthan Shayne Elementary School 4

Posted February 07, 2013
I believe whole heartily that this is a great school. Is every teacher the best? No, but I know teachers in great schools that will say the same thing. None the less, there are so many great teachers. The staff there has always been nothing but wonderful. And my interactions with the principal and vice principal has been very positive. The PTA is involved in the school and does a great job of corresponding with parents. I believe there are some people that will only believe a great education can only be achieved either in a neighboring county or by private means. Shayne dispels that.

Posted December 26, 2012
Fantastic school. Both of our children are in attendance here and we couldn't be happier.

Posted May 27, 2012
My 1st experience with a child in school and it has been wonderful! Great, caring teachers and staff. Awesome principle! A great experience all around, and I am SUPER picky, especially when it come to my child. This is a school I'd love to stick with. I felt invited to be a part of my child's learning and total school experience. Yes, overcrowded, but what can be done? Kids have to go somewhere.

Posted April 21, 2012
I have been at Shayne since 2006 and I would highly disagree with the unhappy parent that just wrote a bad review. It is not Shayne's fault that they are overcrowded. Shayne is not in control of the zoning and if the personnel could change it, they would. I feel like the teachers and staff have handled their students very well. As far as teachers wanting out... I know all the teachers and I know that 99% for them are VERY happy with Shayne. Of course Green HIlls and Williamson county schools are less crowded, the parents have more money to support their schools. They also have bigger homes and better cars. Sounds to me like you are unhappy with your own life and that you may need to work on yourself instead of lashing out at a wonderful school. Maybe you should go to another Metro school in the area and look at their overcrowding and poverty problems and then you would appreciate where you are. Why don't you do something good with your anger and go to the board and try to change the zoning or go get a job and move.

May Werthan Shayne Elementary School
6217 Nolensville Rd, Nashville, TN  37211
Last modified May Werthan Shayne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
May Werthan Shayne Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top