Bad
Good

Shayne is a great school. Being new to the area we compared the scores, environment, etc to some magnet schools we were told to register our daughter for. It made no sense to have to go through the hassle when Shayne had what she needed and it works for us. The teachers and staff cares. The parental involvement is excellent.

My two children attend Shayne. The teachers are wonderful and truly care about the children learning. It is a great school.

I've had 3 children go through Shayne. We have had no bad experiences and all except one were fantastic. My son had an issue with another student and the principal quickly took care of the issue.

This school has an amazing faculty and staff. I am proud to say that my child is a Shayne Star. If you want teachers to love you children with like they are their own Shayne is the school for you. The adminstration at this school definitely Nashville's best!

I just want to say hands down BEST teacher at this school is Anna Watkins if you go here request her you won't be disappointed .. :)

I am thrilled with the quality and caring at Shayne Elementary. I was very hesitant about having my son attend kindergarten here because I thought it wasn't "as good" as the Williamson Co. schools. But I have been so thrilled with the quality, diversity, structure and caring of the teachers and administrators. You can feel the love--in a very structured environment. My son feels confident and happy. On another note-- the diversity is amazing. While the kids all wear uniforms (solid collared shirts of any color) to help equalize the group, my (white) son's class has African Americans, Asians, Hispanics and Muslims all learning together. It is such a pleasure to see him learning about other cultures and customs in everyday life. I'm a fan!

This is our 4th year at Shayne and we couldn't be happier! As a mom of a child with learning differences, let me just say that the resource teachers and staff that work with my child are stellar! They really do look out for his best interest and genuinely care for him and our family. I consider our family blessed to be a part of this wonderful school with an excellent principal, staff and parents!

My son attended kindergarten at Shayne last year, and his experience at the school was awesome! His teacher was attentive and I could tell that she was genuinely vested in the success of her students. Great teachers make great school - so far 2 thumbs up.

I believe whole heartily that this is a great school. Is every teacher the best? No, but I know teachers in great schools that will say the same thing. None the less, there are so many great teachers. The staff there has always been nothing but wonderful. And my interactions with the principal and vice principal has been very positive. The PTA is involved in the school and does a great job of corresponding with parents. I believe there are some people that will only believe a great education can only be achieved either in a neighboring county or by private means. Shayne dispels that.

Fantastic school. Both of our children are in attendance here and we couldn't be happier.

Last modified May Werthan Shayne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.