Bad
Good

Posted August 06, 2014
Our family moved to the area last year and we are very fortunate to have found such a great school. My son's kindergarten teacher, who is now also his 1st grade teacher, is wonderful and really takes the time to ensure that each of her students is receiving the attention and help they need to succeed. She is very prompt when it comes to communicating with parents. My son loves this school and his teacher! Mrs. Dunn and Dr. High are fantastic and you can tell the stash at this school cares about the students.

Posted March 30, 2014
My daughter attends AZ Kelley and absolutely loves it! Her teachers have all be wonderful and very helpful and the principal Mrs. Dunn is amazing. She always greets my daughter by name and inquires about her classes. On valentines day my daughter wrote out an extra card for mrs. Dunn but had to leave it with a secretary because she was not in the office at the time. A day later or so she came home with a huge smile because Mrs. Dunn had taken the time to figure out which "Aubrey" in the school had wrote her the valentines card and came to personally thank her. She really goes above and beyond to make the students feel special and it makes a difference. Thank you Mrs. Dunn!

Posted January 09, 2014
AZ Kelley Elementary is an outstanding school! The principal, Mrs. Dunn, is fabulous; knows every kid by name (which is unheard of considering the number of students there), she even knows their families, sisters, brothers, parents.... I have personally seen her stand in the main lobby in the mornings on a regular basis and greet everyone as they come in. Who does this? She not only knows children's names but also remembers little details about then, like "how was your big performance? How are you liking being in Mrs. Smith's class? Etc... I was blown away! You can tell that Mrs. Dunn loves what she does and her dedication and excellence carries over to teachers and students at AZ Kelley as well!

Posted June 06, 2013
My children and my grandchild go to A Z Kelley. They have been there since Kindergarton and the oldest just finished 4th grade. The teachers are wonderful. They really care for their students. One of my children was having a hard time in math and reading. His teacher worked with him and he completed the end of the year with a B. I am very pleased with A Z Kelley and would recommend it to anyone that was moving into the area.

Posted June 04, 2013
We just finished our second year as parents of AZ Kelley students and I can't imagine a better school in our area. The teachers have been great and have been perfectly matched with our kids and their needs. The principal is AMAZING and you can easily see that she cares about each and every single one of her students.

Posted May 02, 2013
This is our second year with students at AZ Kelley. We chose our house based on this school's zone. AZ Kelley is an excellent school, with great faculty and staff that care tremendously about their students and families. I have always felt welcome and free to discuss any concerns with the teachers and office staff.

Posted April 30, 2013
My son went to Granbery, then we moved to this school zone. I was weary at first b/c Im Granbery was supposed to be the "it" public school in Nashville. Well, I loved this school and my son's teacher. Test scores were in line or better than some of these school that are considered to be "better". This school is big on education and preparing the kids for upper grades. college, and being successful in life. There are bad apple teachers in every school, but I had a great experience here. Also the principal was great and was a member of Granbery for many years before coming over to AZ

A. Z. Kelley Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2012
I moved from Rutherford County schools to this school expecting great results. Well I was wrong, the teachers at this school are mean and incompetent. My son went from an A and B student to a C average student in one school year. He entered this school his second grade year and his teacher would pick at him, call him names and talk down on him. I found that to be insane and unperfessional. I thought it was just that teacher well little did I know I would encounter another one. His 3rd grade teacher was incompetent, she never helped my son with anything, she would show the students the work then test them. I found her teacher method to be disturbing and needs improvement. We will not return to this school and nether will I refer anyone to allow their child(ren) to attend this school. Maybe some children can learn the way she's teaching but my son didn't learn anything. I like highly qualified teachers who not only teach the student but allow them to apply it to everyday life. Teachers who teach and include each learn skill (auditory, visual, and hands on).

A. Z. Kelley Elementary School

Posted April 14, 2010
The teachers principals staff and children all are very proud of this new school and make a difference in every childs life... they take pride in education and as a mothe rof 2 that goes there I could not be happier!

Posted June 15, 2009
My son has been going here since it opened. I feel he is getting the best education he could get while being in the best environment. The principal is very caring and does a great job connecting with parents. The communication is consistant and parental input is always welcome. This school is as good as any private out there.

A. Z. Kelley Elementary School
5834 Pettus Road, Nashville, TN  37013
Last modified A. Z. Kelley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.