Nashville, TN

Posted April 22, 2010
East Academy's motto, 'A school for all kinds of great kids', isn't some empty slogan. This school is the best of what a school should be. It's a school that is accepting of every student regardless of race, religion, beliefs etc. It believes wholeheartedly in diversity. It's a school that nutures each child and expects him/her to attend college. The teachers and administrators understand that not every child learns by sitting at a desk and listening to a lecture. At East Academy a child is able to learn by using his/her strongest multiple intelligence. There is a community feel to this school. It's almost like a homeschool in that it's a cozy, comfortable and challenging environment in which to learn. You simply feel good coming through the door when you visit. The school helps the East Nashville community and gives children who are sometimes counted out a leg up so to speak. It enhances their view of themselves, their community and the world at large. Also reading, math, science and social studies aren't the only important subjects being taught. The kids have character education that helps them become better citizens of the world. They also are able to enjoy music and art. This instruction as well as foreign language, technology and physical education helps to cultivate a more well-rounded child. Parents and teachers know every child by name. My son has developed a love for reading and my daughter believes, that ,'Math is easy, math is fun.' I cannot express how grateful I am to East Academy for it's unconventional style and approach to learning. It has served my children well. They've gotten off to a great start in their educational career. I love this school plain and simple. And I love the potential it sees in each and every child who's lucky enough to attend.

Posted April 22, 2010
East Academy is a school of excellence! I have a 8th grader and kindergartner that attends EA and they both enjoy the classes, teachers and classmates. Everyone is genuinely concerned about each other, the school and the community in East Nashville and I really think that is amazing!

East Academy 5

Posted April 22, 2010
I love East Academy because my children are cared for by its faculty and staff. My children are challenged each and everyday and I'm amazed at what and how much they know. My kindergartner knows fractions and my second grader learned to recycle, reuse and reduce. The character education has reinforced those things which I've tried to instill in both of my kids. There's no other school like this in Nashville, quite possibly the country. I'm proud to be an East Academy parent. There's no other school I'd rather have my children attend.

Posted April 20, 2010
East Academy enhances the entire community. In a neighborhood where the schools are regularly failing, East Academy provides affordable hope to parents who want to help the community and provide a solid education to their children at the same time.

Posted April 20, 2010
I love East Academy because it is a school that is filled with joy. Joy in learning and expressing what is learned and joy in the diverse community that exists there are evident everyday. Every child is celebrated for their unique gifts and talents. My kindergartener is thriving. I can't ask for anything more. While public schools are limited to one 15 minute recess and PE twice a week my daughter comes home talking about a math game played outside, learning kickball everyday in PE and her plant in the school garden. It is such an amazing school!

Posted November 02, 2009
East Academy has brought out the best qualities in character as well as academic ability in both of my children. East Academy fosters each child's individual greatness!

East Academy 5

Posted October 16, 2009
My goddaughter attends East Academy and is always thrilled to go to school! They use the multiple intelligences theory and the cirriculum is individualized to meet each childs ability level-her's is quite advanced and she has yet to be bored as in previous years at other schools. The thing that has impressed me the most, is that her confidence and desire to read have soared to new heights! The student body is small and this creates a familial atmosphere that you don't find at larger institutions.

Posted September 16, 2009
Kuddos to East Academy! I am acquianted with several children who attend EA and every one of them actually enjoy attending school. Each of them have excelled in their studies and are always eager to meet their individual challenges of learning.

East Academy