Bad
Good

Posted July 30, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed the way my son's teacher gave him additional attention as he struggled early on with grasping math concepts. He has since progressed really well. My son also had the opportunity to be on the Safety Team and Chess Club. Both helped with his self esteem. Im thankful for the extra curricular activities Woodland has to offer.

Posted August 01, 2011
Our family loves Woodland. Great teachers. Great staff. The children are taught to care about each other and to respect one another.

Woodland Elementary School

Posted August 09, 2008
I had my practicum experience at Woodland Elementary under Mrs. Shoupe, a Kindergarten teacher there. She is awesome! She is a very hands-on teacher that is very interested in her students' learning. I have been teaching for three years now, and her name comes up all the time in my conversations with other teachers. She has definitely made an impression on my life and the way I teach in my classroom. Tammy Young, 1st grade teacher, Gibbs Elementary, Knoxville.

Posted October 17, 2007
My daughter has been in this school for 2 years now and she is doing better than ever. She was in Alcoa Elementary in Blount County and they didn't take 1/8th of the initiative with her that Woodland has. Her teacher is one of the best I have met so far. I only wish she taught every grade so I would know she would be getting the best teacher her entire time in school. They really teach the children good values, hard work, and show them just how much potential they all really have. They care about more than just the education also. They care about the family and the childs wellbeing. Moving her to this school was the best thing I have done for her.

Posted September 26, 2007
My daughter has attended Woodland for three years now. She is developmentally delayed and in resource classes in addition to speech, language, occupational therapy and physical therapy. I have never once had a compliant the teachers and staff are highly competent and friendly, always have time to speak to me when I drop by the school unannounced, and try every suggestion I have concerning my daughters education. I have often received emails and phone calls from them because my daughter has said something amusing. When we bought a house this year, instead of moving to Knoxville where my husband works, we insisted on staying in the Woodland school district. Everyone at the school loves her and genuinely cares for her she is not going anywhere else for the next couple of years!

Posted May 18, 2007
My stepson attended Woodland for PK, and his teacher, Kym Cuffman, was absolutely wonderful. He loved going to school every morning, and he really just enjoyed being there. Academically, he excelled far beyond what I expected. Oak Ridge schools are by far the best in Knoxville and the surrounding areas.

Woodland Elementary School 4

Posted February 02, 2006
Active PTO, warm teachers -- my kids' experience at Woodland was really great.

Woodland Elementary School
168 Manhattan Avenue, Oak Ridge, TN  37830
Last modified Woodland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top