Old Hickory, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted August 05, 2014
All my children went to Andrew Jackson! The amount of involvement, professionalism, and love that goes in this school from the school staff to the parents is unbelievable! Any child would be blessed to be able to attend this school!

Andrew Jackson Elementary School 4

Posted December 03, 2013
My daughter entered the lottery to get in to this school and it has been a great experience. She has attended since the first grade and is now in 4th grade. I just wish Nashville elementary schools went through the 5th grade! She has loved it and the teachers have been great, encouraging, and loving. Parent involvement is strong. There is a very active PTO. It is a great environment for elementary students. My only complaint would be the focus on TCAPS seems a bit much, but I guess all of the schools are like that these days.

Posted February 21, 2011
I love this school. My daughter and I relocated to Nashville just in time to miss the lottery that might have gotten her into a magnet school - and I am personally very committed to public schools - so Andrew Jackson was our school of choice (thanks goodness we could find a house in the district!). The staff and teachers are amazing - they are committed and engaged and personable and I feel like I am leaving my child in good hands there every day. She comes home happy and healthy and interested in the world around here. Every day her questions get a little more astute. You can not ask for more in an Elementary School.

Posted February 01, 2009
Andrew Jackson has been a wonderful school for my daughter. She has gone every year since Kindergarten and now that she is in 4th grade we have to leave. It's going to be so hard to find a school as good as AJS. All around fantastic place to be. The principal, Mrs. Gleason, is very nice and all of her teachers have always been so caring and ready, if you need them, to communicate with you. We love AJS!

Posted January 12, 2009
I attended AJS from the fall of '98 to the spring of '03. Looking back on it, I'm so glad my parents sent me their instead of a private school. The school is a very nice and clean building, and the two playgrounds were awesome too. The school year was packed with so many fun activities and we always had fun. The teachers were very caring and made the classes enjoyable. This school was just hands down awesome and I enjoy going back when I get the chance. I miss that place!

Posted November 14, 2008

Posted October 13, 2008
Both my children have attended AJ and loved every minute of it! As good or better than the local private schools.

Posted October 06, 2008
This is a great school. Every teacher is always teaching including the music, art, and pe teachers. I am amazed that my 1st grader has learned so much. I think that the teachers are very helpful and concerned. I cannot imagine any of them being rude to a parent or child unless they were treated with little or no respect. Keep up the great work AJS!

Posted October 01, 2008

Posted September 20, 2008

Andrew Jackson Elementary School
110 Shute La, Old Hickory, TN  37138
Last modified Andrew Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andrew Jackson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top