Old Hickory, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted December 29, 2012
Our Family relocated to Davidson County schools just this year. We are very satisfied thus far. However I wish that,as all parents do, that we could do more to raise the "bar."I feel my son could be challenged more. Having said that I do really love his teacher. She is so focused and it shows! We feel certain we will remain in this area for years to come. Dupont Elementary is the reason for that.

Posted August 10, 2011
We have three kids that have went or are now attending Dupont Elementary..Our first experience with Dupont Elem. was in 2003 and We have only had GREAT!!!!!! experiences, every teacher my kids have had still check on them if I see them out in public, or pass them in the halls of the school..We have actually made sure we do not move outside the school district because of the great teachers at this school...My children have always been shown kindness & taught beyond levels necessary for them to excel in life..I could not be happier..as for the office staff...Ms Connie, Coffee, & Brown ARE AMAZING!!!!! If my kids have been sick or needed me for other reasons they made them feel comfortable until i arrived. Lets not forget the principal, Mrs Hoskins, she knows every child at her school & makes it a point to notice them personally, my kids love this...From personal experiences not a better school out there,, was sad when my oldest left for hadley, which has been a great school as well. Even the janitors, & cafeteria crew have been great to the children as they see them through the school..AMAZING PLACE to have your children..

Dupont Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
My grand daughter attends Dupont. The teachers, principal and staff are caring, and extend that care to families and the community.

Dupont Elementary School 0

Posted April 12, 2010
I am a parent with a preschooler there at Dupont but I feel that parent involvement should be encouraged more and the students there should be using the computer more to become familiar with using a PC. My child was told that she had to watch the other students use the PC because she was too small (signed release for use) . I requested a parent teacher conference with the teacher and she never scheduled with me after receiving her progress report. In my opinion the teacher was not being honest about her behavior in school and although she see me every day , she never tells me reports on my child in school. Staff a tDupont apppear not to be very freindly toward african americans and therefore do not involve them in particular activities. I dont like that they learn letters and numbers backwards either.

Posted January 08, 2010

Posted September 11, 2009
Wonderful school .I wish I never took my kids out of that school,Now i cant find a school that match it

Dupont Elementary School 2

Posted December 15, 2008
The lack of communication between parent and school is dreadful. They express that they do not have parent involvement and I wonder why? I was not told (by the teacher or the administration) that my child s teacher was pregnant. I had to ask her about the details of the situation (when are you leaving? and when are coming back?). When the interim teacher came to the class, there was no meet and greet with the new teacher. Once again I had to talk to the teacher. Both teachers have never corrected my child's school work. I asked to have a meeting with the principle and I was never called back. My child had a Christmas program on a Friday, which was canceled due to weather. They rescheduled the program and never informed me. The front office still needs to work on their people skills, sometimes they do not even say Hi.

Posted November 26, 2007

Dupont Elementary School 4

Posted July 08, 2007
The teachers are great, my daughter has learned so much here and her interest in reading is overwhelming , but the front office staff has to work on their people skills a little more.

Posted July 04, 2007
Excellent school - terrific administrators - wonderful reading program. My going into 2nd grader is reading at a 4th grade level - what more could I ask for.

Dupont Elementary School
1311 9th St, Old Hickory, TN  37138
Last modified Dupont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dupont Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top