Oliver Springs, TN

Posted May 13, 2009

Norwood Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2007
Some of the older staff are Norwood are wonderful. However it is very evident which teachers are in the 'in' clique. These teachers and their children can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the school administration. It once was a wonderful school. My first child went through there and had awesome elementary years. However, because of the clique and the fact that nothing is done about their children and the way that they act, I have taken my second child out of Norwood and placed them in another school. My third child will never go to Norwood unless things change in the next few years. I hope that things change in the near future.

Posted July 31, 2007
I think that Norwood School is a great school. Some, but not all of the staff needs to work on greeting the parents/visitors that they pass in the hallways, instead of staring straight ahead as if they don't see you, or looking through you. After all, the school is made up of the people of the community. If the community is diverse racially or economically, the school will be also. Just make the people welcome. We're there because we're supposed to be there. Other than that I think that it's a great place for a child to learn. Mr. Patton, the school secretary, lunchroom and janitorial staff are not in this category of unfriendly people.

Posted June 19, 2007
I attended Norwood as a child and now my 8 year old son is a student there. A lot of teachers that taught when I attended are still there but the new teachers that I have delt with have been great. Participation and involvement is what you make it.If you need answers-don't stop until you get them. Be an assertive parent!We have to teach our children how to lead and not follow. Part of that is getting involved no matter what! Favoritism is everywhere and as parents we have to teach our children how to deal with that even if its hard for us to deal with at times.

Norwood Elementary School 2

Posted March 09, 2007
I would like to start off by saying that I really am not happy with the way things are run here at norwood. Most of the teachers are wonderful but for the most part there is major favoritism going on. It really hurts to know that if there is a problem within the school we parents do not have anyone we can talk to. Are we not supposed to have an open door policy. Are we not supposed to know that we can count on our 'leaders' to guide our children. And if there is a problem or we are concerned about what is going on that and effort would be made? I am not trying to call anyone out but as a parent it just makes we wonder how can our children get the best education, when the kids are forgotten in all the politics!

Posted July 12, 2006
I my self can say it is an great school. My kids have learned a lot. There are a few teachers that I have not been happy with but there are more that I am happy with.As for Mr. Patton he is an excellent principal but there was at least one time I can say I was not happy with him but all the other times I have been. He is a great principal an yes I think he is too laid back but that can be a good thing at times. as for the fundraiser I myself an my child look forward to them every yr even the people we ask to buy things from it.

Posted August 09, 2005
My son has diabetes and he has gone to Norwood Elementary since Kindergarten. They has always helped us and his teachers have been wonderful. My husband went there when he was little and he said it was the same back then. There are great teachers and Mr. Patton is great as a principle.

Norwood Elementary School 3

Posted June 09, 2005
The teachers in 3rd and 5th grades are absolutely wonderful. The principal is too laid back and when presented with a problem he does nothing. If there was a better leader in this school the state tests scores would be much better. Most of the teachers will speak to other parents about other children. Majority of teachers are not like this but if you are in the in-croud with a teacher your child does wonderful. If not watch out.

Posted May 16, 2005
I really like the school. There are parts of the curriculum that I don't like, but it's a county wide program. The teachers are very nice. They truly care for the students, but sometimes I feel the principal could do a better job with leadership. Parent involvement seems to be good. There are lots of fundraisers which do get frustrating for both parents and students.

Posted August 05, 2004
It's very good school, the teachers are very helpful and nice and really good with the children, the principal is also very helpful and nice. To me it's a great school.

Norwood Elementary School
809 Tri County Bl, Oliver Springs, TN  37840
Last modified Norwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top