Bad
Good

Some of the older staff are Norwood are wonderful. However it is very evident which teachers are in the 'in' clique. These teachers and their children can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the school administration. It once was a wonderful school. My first child went through there and had awesome elementary years. However, because of the clique and the fact that nothing is done about their children and the way that they act, I have taken my second child out of Norwood and placed them in another school. My third child will never go to Norwood unless things change in the next few years. I hope that things change in the near future.

I think that Norwood School is a great school. Some, but not all of the staff needs to work on greeting the parents/visitors that they pass in the hallways, instead of staring straight ahead as if they don't see you, or looking through you. After all, the school is made up of the people of the community. If the community is diverse racially or economically, the school will be also. Just make the people welcome. We're there because we're supposed to be there. Other than that I think that it's a great place for a child to learn. Mr. Patton, the school secretary, lunchroom and janitorial staff are not in this category of unfriendly people.

I attended Norwood as a child and now my 8 year old son is a student there. A lot of teachers that taught when I attended are still there but the new teachers that I have delt with have been great. Participation and involvement is what you make it.If you need answers-don't stop until you get them. Be an assertive parent!We have to teach our children how to lead and not follow. Part of that is getting involved no matter what! Favoritism is everywhere and as parents we have to teach our children how to deal with that even if its hard for us to deal with at times.

I would like to start off by saying that I really am not happy with the way things are run here at norwood. Most of the teachers are wonderful but for the most part there is major favoritism going on. It really hurts to know that if there is a problem within the school we parents do not have anyone we can talk to. Are we not supposed to have an open door policy. Are we not supposed to know that we can count on our 'leaders' to guide our children. And if there is a problem or we are concerned about what is going on that and effort would be made? I am not trying to call anyone out but as a parent it just makes we wonder how can our children get the best education, when the kids are forgotten in all the politics!

Last modified Norwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.