Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted November 18, 2015
When I visited the school, early in the school year, I found the classrooms prepared for a warm welcome to the young students. The teachers had gone all out with extraordinary preparation to make each classroom special and interesting. The staff was looking forward to the arrival of students and excited at the opportunity to teach and welcome every pupil. The principal was helpful and courteous to visitors and staff alike. It was apparent to me she considered each child very special and important. This is a wonderful school and sevens the community very well.

Posted August 18, 2013
My school is awesome because the teachers really care about and spend time outside of school with their students doing extra fun and educational trips !!! We love Snow Hill !!!

Posted July 22, 2013
This school has the most experienced, most wonderful principal who helps parents and teachers willingly, with loving care. The teachers are the best. The number one priority is for students, first, last and always. We could not ask for more. Snow Hill is a GREAT school!

Posted April 25, 2013
Snow Hill Elementary is a FANTASTIC school. My child has support and genuine compassion and kindness from his teachers and from all staff, including the principal. Yes, they are strict and do not waiver from the core values every child needs to learn now - respect, responsibility, readiness - I am very supportive of this. It's easy to see that if these values are not instilled in children at a young age, there is a good chance the child will not care about these values. There are actions taken if a child doesn't (after given many chances to learn). Can't follow the 3 'R's', you don't get to attend field trips, etc. FANTASTIC! Children are safe, cared for, and each teacher develops a lesson plan that will suit every child - yet not one kid knows who is an 'A' student and who is struggling with a subject. I say that b/c I see it 1st hand. It's a shame when a parent/guardian gets mad at the staff over issues with their child. It is our responsibility to reinforce the values that are being taught. I am 100% satisfied with Snow Hill, the teachers, staff, principal, etc. GREAT JOB!!! I am proud to have my child attend there and forever grateful to the staff....WONDERFUL school!!!

Snow Hill Elementary School 4

Posted October 26, 2012
Great school and willing to work w/ parents and willing to work on game plan for parent teacher student relationship involvement.The last school was a wreck,(Harrison Elementary),but the Teachers and staff at Snow Hill helped set our minds at ease that this school could help and was willing to turn that bad experience into an enjoyable one were parents are encouraged to be involved,and not just talk they really do what they say instead of blowing smoke and acting too busy or important to help. GOOD JOB SNOW HILL!

Snow Hill Elementary School 2

Posted March 01, 2012
I don't know where the great reviews for this school come from. The security is lacking, the principal is inflexible and long winded, some of the teachers are two faced, and the school is very old and under staffed. I do not wish to go into detail about the exact security that is lacking about this school but needless to say, it has been brought to the principal's attention and nothing has been done. Say what you want about my opinion of the principal and teachers, but security isn't a subjective thing. Either they have it or they don't. Snowhill doesn't. As far as the staff, don't assume your first impression of them is in fact their true nature. As soon as you have a problem or issue that requires extra attention, you are now a liability and a irritant. And by problem or issue, I mean ANYTHING that requires you to visit the front office. Something as simple as getting a new lunch number or car rider number is viewed as petty and nagging. I would advise anyone that is planning on moving their child to this school not to make the mistake we did. We assumed the teachers and principal really cared and we came in with a pleasant attitude. That only enabled us to be taken advantage of.

Posted January 20, 2012
We, as a family, absolutely love Snow Hill Elementary. We had to relocate and miss it terribly. The teachers were so nice, pricinpal was warm and welcoming, small #'s creates a great sense of community. We hope to be back soon!

Posted August 09, 2011
This is the only school my son has ever attended, he has went thru prek and kindergarten here at Snowhill and I love it!! The transition of starting school at 4 yrs old was made to be so easy.... all the teachers and parents whom you see or pass by in the halls are so kind and helpful. My son loves school and I whole-heartedly believe that Snowhill has to be the best elementary school in Tennessee...... Amy Herron

Posted March 10, 2010
Snow Hill is a great school with top notch teachers. My kids are very happy here and moved moved here from out of town. They are doing the same work. They love it here!

Posted March 19, 2008
Snow Hill is one of the best schools i have ever attended! All of the teachers are wonderful and very kind! I miss the school very much and i wish it goes all the way up to 8th grade instead of 5th. Snow Hill is a very well rounded school and it has barely any flaws. former student: Kristin Pruett

Snow Hill Elementary School
9042 Career La, Ooltewah, TN  37363
Last modified Snow Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.