Pegram, TN

Posted September 10, 2013
My school is Pegram Elementary School. This school has had my children and my grandchildren in it. The teachers and staff all know the children on first name bases and are there to help in anyway they can. The educational program is great and anyone that has a child attend at Pegram can realize how more advance the children are.

Posted August 01, 2013
It is such a blessing to have out daughter in this school! Everyone is so loving and nurturing with her. On the first day she is greeted by name by everyone in the building! This is a wonderful little school filled with outstanding teachers and staff. My only wish is that this little school had enough money to meet basic needs such as paper, supplies, and hire more teacher helpers.

Posted January 23, 2012
Pegram Elementary School is a small school with a big heart. I find the current principal warm, willing to listen and capable of taking action. It appears she encourages her staff to be creative and independent, but is willing and able to step in and take charge when needed. The teachers and office staff are caring and dedicated. The school lacks many modern conveniences and luxuries that larger and newer schools have, but more then makes up for it in individual attention and creative teaching. I read the comment posted on 12/15 and would like to say that if there is a discipline problem in the 4th grade, it obviously has taken 4+ years to build, and the new principal couldn't possibly be held accountable for it. Previous teachers, school administrators, guidance counselors and PARENTS should be held accountable for those issues. If you are looking for a wonderful environment that will nurture your child and their education, Pegram is it!

Posted January 11, 2012
I totally disagree with the Dec. 15th review. You couldn't ask for a better principal. She's the best and you couldn't ask for better. She's a very caring person regarding the kids and staff. I am very offended that you would say these things because they are doing a great job. If the 4th grade are being called inmates, maybe the parents are to blame. Discipline starts at home and you can't blame the school for your childrens behavior. My neice is there in the 4th grade and she never gets in trouble. If she did, she would get in trouble at home. Parents need to take more responsibilty for their kids and stop putting blame elsewhere. If there were more consequences for bad behavior, there might not be as much trouble in the schools. Teachers should NOT have to deal with all these issues and they wouldn't, if they were being dealt with at home. Teachers are here to teach and they can't do their job if the kids are being disruptive.

Pegram Elementary School 3

Posted December 15, 2011
The school received a new principal this year, but as a parent, I wish we had the old one back. The new principal does not seem to be able to make a decision about anything. It is apparent in everything. I see the teachers are frustrated, the kids are frustrating and a principal that herself seems to struggle with everything. I wish the county would stop sending this school the last resort principals. There is no discipline in this school at all. My child is in 4th grade and the joke is this group of kids are the inmates running the asylum. We cannot afford private school and we don't think home schooling is an option. I just wish this county would give us a principal that was effective. The comments from the other places she has been in the county reflect these same issues. So why would the county allow her to continue in this position?

Posted April 06, 2010
3rd child begins PES this fall. Feels like our own little private school. Wonderful, caring administration, faculty, and staff. Our children are receiving a great education in a safe environment. No regrets and highly recommend. Don't judge a school based on test scores only. Take a tour and see if best fit for YOUR child.

Posted February 28, 2010

Posted October 25, 2009
just starting out here and so fara so good. my child is struggling a bit, but I'm finding a principle that listens and a staff that is attentive and caring. Overall, very happy with my childs progress. Very organized and structured.

Posted August 03, 2009

Posted March 27, 2008

Pegram Elementary School
4552 Dogwood La, Pegram, TN  37143
Last modified Pegram Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pegram Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top