Bledsoe County High School

Public | 9-12 | 565 students

Posted January 27, 2009

I have a foster child at Bledsoe Co. H. S. The school has been wonderful in meeting the needs of this child. They were very quick to get me his needed school records. Thank you Bledsoe Co. for your help.

Posted January 22, 2009

I went to Bledsoe County my whole life, and currently am a second year college student. I struggled in some areas at Bledsoe because of my own choices and freewill. I have made the deans list in college because applied myself. Bledsoe has many accademic clubs and activities that can prepare students collegically. The majority of teachers I had, where great. Most of my struggles where attributed to laziness not applying myself. If you try at Bledsoe, you'll do fine. The only issue I ever had is that the guidance department could do better at informing students of scholorships and post high school oppurtunities. Mr. Oreto was always nice and seemed to care. I think he could use some help though, in order to better inform students. Try and you will get out of it what you have put into it.

Posted September 11, 2008

I am a student at Bledsoe County High and in my opinion its one of the best schools in TN. You couldn't find any better teachers than what we have in our school system. I feel like I am getting a good education here and being prepared for college.

Posted February 23, 2007

Between unqualified teachers, snowday and sickout days when does my child get an education? I speak with my daughter on a regular basis about her choices for college. This school falls short in preparing her. The guidance councilor hasn't taken interest at all in her future. Not once has she had an appointment to review her course of education. This school does not prepare our children for what lies ahead. They seem to just shuffle them through the system.

Posted November 20, 2006

I went to Bledsoe for about 2 months and I have to admit it is one of the best schools I've ever been to. I met some of the most loving friends I have ever known. Mandi Frost

Posted March 3, 2005

I am currently going to Bledsoe , and the school has some of the smartest kids in TN. I recently went to a competetion were we placed 2nd in our district. This is one of the best small town schools that you can go to.

Posted October 3, 2004

I graduated from this school. I consider my education from there as complete as any available in any similar small school system. We have very good teachers and staff. We have teachers that drive as far away as 75 miles to teach here. This school is SACS accredited, as are all our schools in the county. We are a very rural county with a very low tax base, but the school system manages to do an extremely good job with what they have.The biggest problem that I can see locally, as elsewhere I am sure, is getting parents involved actively in their child's education. It would make a world of difference. Thanks.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 23, 2004

I wish I had sent my child elsewhere or home schooled. The majority of children are not being taught enough to even enter the job market. Local colleges say 'oh' very sympathetically, when they find out your child graduated from Bledsoe}.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

140 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 42% in 2013.

159 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 62% in 2013.

160 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

148 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

155 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

English III

The state average for English III was 40% in 2013.

156 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 68%N/A55%

Fax number
  • (423) 447-6580

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

877 Main St