Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

the students are terrible to teachers. Many teachers don't stay long. So they have a revolving door of teachers. Some of the teachers have given up teaching and are just friends with the students. However, I have only been going here for one school year. The dress code is really loose. Girls get away with a lot of short dresses and other clothing. Pregnancy is high in this school, also it is high in Cheatham High School too. I believe it is the county and not much to do around here. I hope this helps.

My time in sycamore was terrible. The teachers are friendly, however, the office workers and the ever changing principals and guidance councilors are comepletely incompentant. Juniors are signed up to take the writing ACT to take during school hours. All of the students were signed up to take it but they forgot me. When questioned about it they said I thought I had dropped out. I am an honor roll student and I only missed one day of school last year. This year, my senior year, I am currently having to deal with class rank. I was told on the 10th of April I was 10th in my class. On Tuesday, April 14 I was told they made a mistake and I was actually placed 21st in the class. On the instances we have tried to communicate to a teacher, or specifically an office person about matters such as attendence, unfair treatment in the classroom, or class ranking, everyone was magically unable to answer the phone. I am very upset with the way the school treats The students. If I could give an honest rating, it would have 0 stars based solely on my experience.

The administration in prior years was FANTASTIC now it is awful. It's like we live in low income housing the kids AND teachers need structure and dicipline and they are NONE!

This is a struggling school in a county that is riddled with internal turmoil among the school board, staff, and county commission. There is little to no value placed education, which is a shame because Pleasant View could be a great place to live and raise a family. Moving here from out of state, my children were 2 years ahead in terms of curriculum and I was personally approached by three staff members urging me to get my children out of the school because they were not equipped to support them. I have a son who is gifted and while in middle school I was told lies about his rights to receive gifted and talented services. The truth... The school simply had no monetary resources or staff trained in gifted and talented education. We changed schools after one year and have since moved out of Pleasant View. I would advise against attending any Cheatham County Schools. The county is simply not willing to invest in their schools. I wish I had consulted this site before moving, and I hope that someone else will benefit from my mistake.

Needs a complete overhaul in special education. Unbelievably pathetic. You better know your right and be ready to fight for everything.

sycamore high school WAS a good school when it first started. This school does not do anything to help the students now . The teachers are lazy and sit and play on their i phones or i pads all day.if you are a cheerleader or play sports there you can wear and do anything they like ,but if you are heavy set ,have learning disabilities, medical issues you will be called out in a heartbeat. My daughter wore a pair of pants with holes in them and was called out about it in front of all her peers and while that was going on there was about 20-30 more students that was let go on by because of their participation in sport . They talk about not condoning bulling when the TEACHERS are the one doing the BULLYING.I wouldn't suggest any one sending their kid to this school.

Sycamore is a good school. They have improved on academic requirements, and stiffer policies on bullying, missing school, and we now have a wonderful resource officer at our school. Sports is not the main focus on our school anymore, academics is.

I urge parents to choose a different school system if at all possible. I say that as a previous student who made it into college, and has had to work very hard to counteract all of the damage done here. The work is too simplistic, the technology skills are severely lacking, and many teachers that made the school worth attending have left due to new policies that they themselves could not stand to see. Teenage pregnancy runs rampant, peer pressure runs VERY high, and the amount of cliques and gossip is deplorable . If you care about education, and a healthy self-esteem, please choose somewhere else.

The school is a sinking ship. Most of the teachers that where DR's where let go after 2011. The athletes are treated different. Mainly the basketball team's.

I did not like this school. There were a few decent teachers but academics were not the main focus, it was overcrowded, and many students ran wild. Sports were the big thing and I personally felt put aside for the more sport-interested students. I wouldn't recommend this school.

Last modified Sycamore High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.