Pleasant View, TN

Posted December 15, 2014
The administration in prior years was FANTASTIC now it is awful. It's like we live in low income housing the kids AND teachers need structure and dicipline and they are NONE!

Posted August 07, 2014
This is a struggling school in a county that is riddled with internal turmoil among the school board, staff, and county commission. There is little to no value placed education, which is a shame because Pleasant View could be a great place to live and raise a family. Moving here from out of state, my children were 2 years ahead in terms of curriculum and I was personally approached by three staff members urging me to get my children out of the school because they were not equipped to support them. I have a son who is gifted and while in middle school I was told lies about his rights to receive gifted and talented services. The truth... The school simply had no monetary resources or staff trained in gifted and talented education. We changed schools after one year and have since moved out of Pleasant View. I would advise against attending any Cheatham County Schools. The county is simply not willing to invest in their schools. I wish I had consulted this site before moving, and I hope that someone else will benefit from my mistake.

Posted September 10, 2013
Needs a complete overhaul in special education. Unbelievably pathetic. You better know your right and be ready to fight for everything.

Posted February 19, 2013
sycamore high school WAS a good school when it first started. This school does not do anything to help the students now . The teachers are lazy and sit and play on their i phones or i pads all day.if you are a cheerleader or play sports there you can wear and do anything they like ,but if you are heavy set ,have learning disabilities, medical issues you will be called out in a heartbeat. My daughter wore a pair of pants with holes in them and was called out about it in front of all her peers and while that was going on there was about 20-30 more students that was let go on by because of their participation in sport . They talk about not condoning bulling when the TEACHERS are the one doing the BULLYING.I wouldn't suggest any one sending their kid to this school.

Sycamore High School 4

Posted November 28, 2012
Sycamore is a good school. They have improved on academic requirements, and stiffer policies on bullying, missing school, and we now have a wonderful resource officer at our school. Sports is not the main focus on our school anymore, academics is.

Sycamore High School 2

Posted August 26, 2011
The school is a sinking ship. Most of the teachers that where DR's where let go after 2011. The athletes are treated different. Mainly the basketball team's.

Sycamore High School 2

Posted April 06, 2011
I did not like this school. There were a few decent teachers but academics were not the main focus, it was overcrowded, and many students ran wild. Sports were the big thing and I personally felt put aside for the more sport-interested students. I wouldn't recommend this school.

Sycamore High School 4

Posted March 28, 2011
Sycamore High School is a decent school. While athletics might seem to overshadow academics, academic success is still very prevalent within the school. Unlike most of the other comments that I have read previously, I have spent my first two years at college smooth-sailing thanks to my education at Sycamore. I guess it's better to stop complaining about not learning anything and simply apply yourself. Pick up a book for God's sake, and maybe then you will enjoy and respect the secondary learning institution that is Sycamore. Also, on a side note, I am very proud of the band program there. They have taken many hits over the years, but are slowly starting to reverse the tides...great job!

Sycamore High School 3

Posted April 05, 2010
I am a senior at sycamore right now. While the school is over crowded and small, it is a decent school. I definetly know of worse schools annd sycamore is above them.

Sycamore High School 5

Posted December 06, 2009

Sycamore High School
1021 Old Clarksville Hw, Pleasant View, TN  37146
Last modified Sycamore High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sycamore High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top