Bad
Good

We just moved to Portland and were a little nervous about starting middle school but our son has a fantastic math and social studies teacher who is very caring and kind. She called the first week of school just to check on him and make sure he was adjusting. I appreciate her going above and beyond for our child. He really enjoys her because she is fun and has been helping him. A great school

I am very disappointed in this school. The kids are rude and mean. They have no respect for adults. But I guess that is because there is not enough parent involvement. I tried to get one together, but to no avail.

This is as far as I am concerned a very good school, the problem is is that a lot of those inner city people are coming to Portland thus creating that inner city image in our small town. All you can do is continue to be an influence stronger than that of those students our kids go to school with.

I moved my family here from a northern school and am horrified by the moral climate of the school. I would expect some of this activity at a high school level but not middle school aged chilchildren

I just moved here from canada and I found this school filled with fun activities and I really like it. I hope the rest of the year goes as well it has been going so far.

Last modified Portland East Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.