Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

This was a major reason why we left this school . poor response to a bullying problem that was not address by the teacher. Principal was only willing to doing what the county required. If a parent complains lord help you. The teachers will close ranks. It will soon become clear that you have no avenues to get help and become a joke to them. I really wanted to love this school since I went there as a child but was so disappointed.

Develops character: Disagree

Teacher to not instill the value in diversity. They do the minimum that the state requires. I would love to see a more diverse faculty

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I would have to say it a mix bag of teachers some were great. Other lack the teaching skill to be effective or to handle children of varying levels progression effectively.

I have taken my kid out of this school. I find it to be a mixed bag of good teachers and some sorry teachers. Most parents never have an issue with the facility but be warned if you do be aware that they close rank and will never admit wrong doing. Complete lack of accountability. They are too concerned with the State Test score than actually teaching. We took our kid down the road to a private school and they are thriving. It's not a horrible school just average five stars rating is silly. They are not even close to that score. It has been several years since we attended so thing may have changed but before the rezone it was a mess. If your giving them five star your bar for your children are clearly low.

The principal and teachers are so attentive and loving. Great school in a great community. We love it here!

This is the best school I've ever been a part of! Since re-zoning, the classes are smaller and students have more opportunities for individual instruction. Staff assists teachers with structured programs for lower performing students. The principal is a great leader and holds the staff and teachers to a high standard, while maintaining a friendly, "family" type atmosphere. All employees are truly interested in every student reaching his/her highest potential. Watauga has consistently been one of the highest performing elementary schools in the county. (this site names Watauga as a pre-K-5th grade school. -- there is not a pre-k at this time)

All three of my children attended this school. The teachers, administration, and other staff love all the kids. The school really focused on the basics, i.e. requiring complete knowledge of basic math skills. The class sizes were very small, which really helps in the elementary school years. The school still has the feel of a community based school of yesteryear.

Very excited about Watauga's enthusiasm for teaching. The staff seems to take the time & energy to really get involved on a one on one level with each child. I loved my daughter's Kindergarten teacher last year & am very excited about her entering first grade this year! Tracey K

I could not possibly select a better elementary school for my children! The caring teachers and support staff exist at every grade level at Watauga. My fourth child entered Watauga's Kindergarten last year, and the standard of excellence still is as great as 9 years ago when my 1st child began at Watauga. All three of my children have been well prepared for Middle School upon exiting Watauga and I anticipate the same for my now-first grader!

Last modified Watauga Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.