Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Wonderful faculty , the teachers are very good, the classes aren't too big so the children receive the attention they require.

This school has gone down hill over the last couple of years. In the upper grades there is a lot of teacher turnover, I don't blame them for leaving for something better. So glad this is my daughters last year.

My son went kindergarten in NHCE and he is in first grade now. He loves his school. He can read many beginning books all by himself and figure out the new words according to the picture and the letters. He can count to 200 and do subtract and adding within 20 easy after kindergarten. I was amazed. I think it is a great school. In order to have a better average score, I think parents need to make sure to do homework with students. We did read 20 mins a day to him at home last year. It turns out great. Parents involvement is the key.

There is so many great things about this school but the principal isn't one of them.

Great school with wonderful teachers! However not many parents/staff trust or like the new principle. Very rude and talks down to parents as if she's better when all she needs to do is listen to what the concerns are and accept input from others, we all miss the old principle Ms. Leffew.

Great things are happening at NHCE! This school is full of exceptional (Apple Award, Teacher of the Year Award winning) teachers. The school has made a lot of positive changes. There are many great, caring families actively involved. With high expectations from the administrators and hard working, dedicated teachers and support staff, this school offers an inspiring education for children in Kindergarten through Fifth grade!

I have had 2 children attend NHCE. I agree the teachers are excellent, discipline however needs to be enforced in a loving manner. Administration and teachers need to step up a bit and handle small situations better. I also believe it is hard to get involved, when I offer help it is often rejected or I am told I'm over steping my boundries. The school wants help, needs help but often does not accept help. I find it a shame, it could be a great school if parents were allowed to be more involved.

Last modified North Hamilton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.