Santa Fe, TN

Santa Fe Unit School 3

Posted January 26, 2015
I've been very disappointed with Santa Fe Unit School the last couple of years. The principal and vice principal will not return calls or emails as I have attempted to contact them multiple times. Several other parents have told me the same thing. The leadership is very poor & lacks interest in the students and their education. My son is an above average 5th grade student & he was placed in a class with mostly below average students. Therefore, he finishes his work early and then has to sit there until the other kids catch up. His 4th grade teacher told me that they specify which classes the children should be grouped into for the following year. Apparently, the class schedulers/administration do not pay any attention to this. Their teacher has brought this to their attention and they simply ignored him/her. Also, my other child was in 2nd grade last year. He never brought home a graded paper the entire year. His teacher always acted like he was stoned or in another world, staring off into space when we were on field trips. Something needs to be done about this administration. We need new leaders that actually care about their job and the affect they can have on our future leaders.
2 people found this helpful

Santa Fe Unit School 4

Posted February 22, 2014
I would rate the school overall very good, it is a safe school and the Vice Principle seems to really care. From what I have seen the Principle is never there, I have called requesting to talk to her 5 different times this school year. Every time she has been out for the day and has never returned a single call. The teachers are very lazy, all they want to do is assign detention. Ask them for help for study and providing a lesson plan and the answer is they don't have the time. On the good side my child loves the school and his friends, on a social level it is a 10. My child wants to stay here for the rest of their education and getting a kid to like school is more than half of the battle.

Santa Fe Unit School 1

Posted March 11, 2013
Never in my life have I witnessed a school more concerned with dress code than education. The teachers are lazy. They send home the lesson plan for the parent to teach it so they can test later. My children have learned absolutely nothing that I haven't taught them. The K-12 environment is a joke. The older children pick on the youngsters on the bus while the administration staff blatantly ignore the complaints of the parents. The elementary teachers brow beat students who have a hard time mastering the lesson plan rather than fostering education. I have never been so sickened in my life. The vile creatures masquarading as educators are a prime example of what federalized education does to a small community school. When I moved here I thought Little House on the Prairie but what we got was Dangerous Minds without Michelle Pfeifer.

Santa Fe Unit School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
I love the small school environment. The principal and the teachers seem very devoted to the children and in making sure they get the attention they need. I am very pleased with the amount of parental involvement they encourage too. This is a fabulous school!

Posted April 08, 2010

Posted March 18, 2010

Santa Fe Unit School 3

Posted January 27, 2010

Santa Fe Unit School 0

Posted February 23, 2009
Love this school. My children are very happy here, and I believe much safer.

Posted December 23, 2008

Posted October 21, 2008

Santa Fe Unit School
2629 Santa Fe Pike, Santa Fe, TN  38482
Last modified Santa Fe Unit School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Fe Unit School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top