Sevierville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,776

Posted October 16, 2014
As an ex employee I can tell you we had done away with corporeal punishment years before 98. Read the law about interrogation with police. Of you have nothing to hide what would it matter? And yes, underfunded.

Posted July 07, 2013
This school was cool I went there back in like 98 or so and while they still did corp punishment back then I had to threaten the vp if he touched me I would kick his so they would act like normal people.other then that the school was great and the vocational building was awesome , and they had the hottest English teacher Mrs Childress

Sevier County High School 0

Posted October 04, 2010
the encouragement of many of the teachers and staff

Sevier County High School 1

Posted August 29, 2010
Do you know this school has took students in a room with a police officer and let them interrogation them when they have done nothing wrong and never called the parents, never let them know about it. They call this 'loco prentice" look it up it does not apply!!!!! And when confronted they say that they can do this, they sit in for the parents. WOW

Sevier County High School 2

Posted May 15, 2010
I am a senior and for three years I have attended one of the worst schools of my life. The teachers are great, but are unable to do much due to the budget defict. The art department gets little money, the Drama department none what-so-ever, yet they can afford to remodel the stadium, and buy a large flat screen TV that is used to post announcments everyday. Need I mention the bathrooms?

Posted November 06, 2009
The faculty and administration work very hard to see that each student has the opportunity to learn, build self-confidence, and are ready to take their place in today's society as a productive citizen.

Sevier County High School 3

Posted October 16, 2009
This school is a decent school and there are many staff members that will go out of their way to help you. I've had teachers that would be willing to help you as much as possible. Some staff members are different, but there are various members of the staff that will do everything in their power to make sure your needs are met. Funding priorities are a bit disoriented. The school can not afford certain supplies and tools such as technology for the science department and decent art supplies for the art department. However, they can afford to make various renovations to the stadium. This disappoints me since I believe that the school is not spending their money wisely. They could be using this money to provide for the various departments at our school that actually need funding. School's a bit crowded, but I still enjoy it for the most part.

Sevier County High School 2

Posted September 18, 2009
I've read the reviews and can agree with some dating back as far as 2004. This is 2009 going into 2010 and things will never change. The bathrooms are a mess, no locks, no privacy, i've been there. The cafeteria will never change, for two years my sons have been eating out of snack machines because the lines are so long and if you do manage to obtain any food there is no time to eat. The system hasn't changed, still the ole who's who still works at this school. And parent involvement..forget about it!!! They don't want us there!!! I was very involved in middle school, but high school.. The staff thinks it knows better! I've been in the office and when a parent arrives the staff is very edgy and defensive. Things probably are not as smooth as they would like us to think.

Sevier County High School 1

Posted September 17, 2009
Oh sevier county...where do I begin. I should have graduated with the class of 2009. Although I instead finished my education at Whites Adult High School. When I was a sophmore at SCHS I got pregnant about halfway through the year and everything went downhill from there. I dont expect kids to turn and look the other way when one of their peers turns into a balloon, but the rude comments and head turning was unbearable. It was obvious to see the way I was treated by both students and teachers was unfair and judgemental. My son is two now, and i'll tell you what, he's not setting foot in sevier county unless he's a star athlete, thats the only way students are treated nice.

Sevier County High School 0

Posted June 17, 2009
Much better now that it is under new management of the new principal. One can see that the vast improvements made. Could not always see this with prior administration. Good Job moving up in the world from what is was just a short time ago. Morale is improving and problems are actually dealt with and not ignored.

Sevier County High School
1200 Dolly Parton Parkway, Sevierville, TN  37862
Last modified Sevier County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sevier County High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top