Seymour, TN

Posted February 19, 2014
TKA provides a world class education in a small town community setting with a Christ as the foundation. We truly feel blessed to be a part of the TKA family. Go lions!

Posted February 12, 2012
After going to public school through the 11th grade, our daughter was at the point of disliking school and just going through the motions. TKA has inspired her to be a better student and give %100 to her academics. The school allowed her to split her 7th period between choir and orchestra. The school attracts students from all over the world. The 2011/12 school year has 17 countries represented. The international students bring a diversity to the education at TKA that cannot be found any where else in TN. This year our son transferred and has flourished. He has developed friendships with other 8th graders from Japan, China and Africa. This form does not allow enough space to say all of the wonderful things about the leadership, staff and teachers at TKA. Money well spent investing in the development of our children!

The King's Academy 2

Posted January 25, 2012
Not a school for a creative child. My daughter went three years ago and they place so much emphasis on the three R's, that they forget the other talents the children have. Don't waste your money.drive further into Knoxville.

Posted April 14, 2009
Best School on the planet!!!!! My Family loves TKA - After years of horrible public schools it totally transformed our son & he loves going there.

Posted January 23, 2009
I can not speak highly enough of this school. I have 3 children here ranging from K to 8th grade. After seeing my kids dislike going to school every morning to really enjoy learning at King's, it is worth every sacrifice we make to keep them here. The small classes and the individual attention is fantastic.

Posted November 07, 2008
I had two two children graduate from this school and I could not be more pleased. Both kids received an excellent education from teachers who deeply cared for their academic, spiritual, physical, emotional, and social needs. The administrative leadership is outstanding and the school environment is safe, warm and inviting. Everyone is considered to be an important member of the school family. They even have boarding faciIities for students in middle and high school. I highly recommend this school to people living in and around the Knoxville area.

Posted October 09, 2008
Love this school, after having my daughter in Public school last year and her getting to go back to not only a Christian school but a great academic program, you just can't put a price on having her at King's Academy. What more can you do for your child. We love it. Thank you to all the loving staff.

Posted April 25, 2008
Our daughter attended private school K-2nd grade, public school 3rd-5th grade and changed to King's Academy midway through the sixth grade. The smaller number of students, very caring teachers, attractive school campus and the active practice of Christian values has turned the depressing and disappointing start of middle school into a very positive experience for our child. I can only speak for our experience - my daughter went from a well-adjusted student getting good grades to being depressed and near to/failing most subjects. Her 3 1/2 months in a sixth grade public school setting compared to her time at King's Academy is the difference between night and day. She is confident, happy and has regained much of what she lost academically. My husband and I feel it will be well worth whatever sacrifices might have to be made to keep her at King's Academy.

Posted September 09, 2007
My daughter spent her senior year at TKA. We only wish we had known of this school sooner. It was an answer to a prayer. [My daughter] had the best friends and teachers anyone could ask for. She was encouraged in all ways and graduated with honors. She had the opportunity to be the soccer goalie for the boys team. She played basketball and was also a cheer leader. The extra curricular activities were plenty. But most of all i saw Jesus in [her] teachers as well as in the other staff. He was included in everything. I hope my grandson gets to spend his high school years at TKA.

Posted October 23, 2006
I have been very impressed by The King's Academy. The school has been around 126 years and was the first school in Sevier County to achieve accreditation. We have experience in both elementary and middle school. There is a loving environment with Christian emphasis on all aspects of school. I participate in PTF and see first hand how the administration and parents work together. Many parents travel up to an hour to bring their children to school here. There are students from many different countries and nationalities here. All students are embraced and treated equally. Graduates have received numerous scholarships and have graduated from major universities. I would highly recommend this school for those interested in a school which has high morals and puts Christ first.

202 Smothers Road, Seymour, TN  37865